PDA

View Full Version : Bad Move DeMint

Nathan Hale
05-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Before Demint, the IN primary was Hostettler and Coats in a dead heat. Then Demint enters and favors an also-ran who he considers a "conservative". Now Coats is going to win. Good job Demint.

low preference guy
05-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Yep, here DeMint ensured the victory of the establishment candidate.

Nathan Hale
05-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Yep, here DeMint ensured the victory of the establishment candidate.

And I'll be the first to admit that Hostettler was not perfect. He was in favor of PATRIOT. But if Ron Paul was willing to endorse the guy despite that, he passed the bar, so to speak, in my opinion. Demint's PAC wasn't thinking strategically, considering the dynamics of this race.

Brian4Liberty
05-04-2010, 11:53 PM
DeMint and/or his advisers would only support Stutzman if they felt they had nothing to lose...

DeMint Statement on Indiana Senate Race
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Alexandria, VA -- Today, U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina), chairman of the Senate Conservatives Fund, made the following statement regarding the Republican nomination of former Senator Dan Coats for U.S. Senate in Indiana.

"Over the past two weeks, Dan Coats worked very hard to earn this nomination," said Senator DeMint. "This primary was competitive but now it's time for Republicans to unite behind Dan so he can defeat the Democrat in November.

"I want to commend Marlin Stutzman for running an outstanding campaign. Marlin had the odds stacked against him. This was his first statewide race and he was opposed by the Washington establishment. Yet he exceeded all expectations with an unwavering commitment to conservative principles. Marlin ran a strong campaign and has a bright future ahead of him."

The Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) is a political action committee dedicated to electing strong conservatives to the U.S. Senate. SCF often backs underdog candidates who are overlooked by the Washington establishment. SCF raised over $210,000 in the final two weeks of the primary for Marlin Stutzman's come-from-behind campaign.

###