05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/House/2010

MRoCkEd
05-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Lawson 47.9%, Roche 39.3% - 20.6% Precincts Reporting

Hostettler not looking good in Indiana though. :(

low preference guy
05-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Well, we might have a Ron Paul inspired candidate in the House, Lawson, for the next at least a few years, if not decades.

Woohoo!

RonPaulFanInGA
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM

The Politico results are behind. They still have Lawson at 4,000 votes. He is over 8,000 here (page 3):

http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/NC/15705/23625/en/summary.html

Lawson: 46.97%; Roche: 40.07%

DirtMcGirt
05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/House/2010

That politico link and map are pretty slick...

Nice find:)

angelatc
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Wow! Where'd the Stutzman surge come from?

Tinnuhana
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
47.1 to 40 with 63.9% precincts reporting

wildturkey
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
im watching the news, lawson 47%, roche 40%, with 77% reporting, its looking damn good

Jeremy
05-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Wow! Where'd the Stutzman surge come from?

Jim Demint.

/me stops himself from saying "I told you so" to MRoCkEd

angelatc
05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Jim Demint.

/me stops himself from saying "I told you so" to MRoCkEd

Meaning, that you were positive that the DeMint endorsement would have that much of an effect? If so, go ahead and brag a little. I sure wouldn't have guessed it to be worth 15 points.

TCE
05-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Alright, so Lawson is going to win it. He needs massive funding and a better strategy this time around to beat Price. He has the Pro-Republican Wave in North Carolina working for him, but even with it, he is down a few percent. It's all about getting the Republican base excited to vote for him and convincing Independents, he doesn't need Democrats. Pull the Independents and Republicans and he'll be fine.

Odin
05-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Meaning, that you were positive that the DeMint endorsement would have that much of an effect? If so, go ahead and brag a little. I sure wouldn't have guessed it to be worth 15 points.

The money that Stutzman got which came from DeMint's endorsement probably added 10-15% to his vote total, likely from Hostettler.

Gage
05-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Lawson just won, according to Politico.

dantheman
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah, it's official.

Now it's time to focus on beating Price. I agree with him focusing on the Independent voters. This Tea Party movement certainly won't hurt us.

Walter Jones won tonight as well. And he should keep his seat after the General Election.

Kokeshfan
05-04-2010, 07:56 PM
well guys should we do it? I'm sending in 10 bucks lets start funding him now.

marc1888
05-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Alright, so Lawson is going to win it. He needs massive funding and a better strategy this time around to beat Price. He has the Pro-Republican Wave in North Carolina working for him, but even with it, he is down a few percent. It's all about getting the Republican base excited to vote for him and convincing Independents, he doesn't need Democrats. Pull the Independents and Republicans and he'll be fine.

BJ needs Democrats to win in the NC 4th.

Michigan11
05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Timing is everything, and the time is now, to get a moneybomb together and get Lawson into Congress in November. No hold bars, time to go all the hell out and get him double what we brought him in 08'. That means a $1 million!

Let's do it!

Slutter McGee
05-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I swear, some of yall think all black people are simply mindless pawns....when a good part of the reason blacks vote democrat is because the republicans have written them off. Lawson should knock on doors like crazy.black doors. hispanic doors. white doors. all while energizing the Republican base. When do you think the last time most of these voters met Price?

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

TCE
05-04-2010, 10:24 PM
BJ needs Democrats to win in the NC 4th.

A lot of those Democrats won't vote this cycle, best he energize his base and preach to Independents. If he gets an overwhelming amount of support with Independents and Republicans, the Democrats that turn out won't be able to win it for Price.

Slutter: It is WAY easier to convert an Independent than a Democratic Black voter.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15297.html

96% of blacks voted for Obama, a vote for a Republican is a vote against Obama, so B.J. shouldn't even waste his time.

Tinnuhana
05-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Either the freedom message brings people together or it doesn't. Educate the people and, even if they don't vote for you this cycle, the seed will be planted for later on when it's realized that the poor are getting poorer and the middle class is getting wiped out by big-government policies and currency manipulation by the fed.
It will be interesting to see how Price approaches this election since he can't simply rail against the typical neo-Con talking points.
Also, notice on the links given above that less than 10% voted. Lots of room for improvement.

Style
05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Either the freedom message brings people together or it doesn't. Educate the people and, even if they don't vote for you this cycle, the seed will be planted for later on when it's realized that the poor are getting poorer and the middle class is getting wiped out by big-government policies and currency manipulation by the fed.
It will be interesting to see how Price approaches this election since he can't simply rail against the typical neo-Con talking points.
Also, notice on the links given above that less than 10% voted. Lots of room for improvement.

I agree that the only real path to change is education. Otherwise, politicians who promise to give the people the most are the ones who are going to keep getting elected. In BJ's Goyette interview (I swear it's going to be up in the next day or so), he talks about how he knows he will be outnumbered in Washington, and thus unable to change much initially. He views the seat as a great platform for education. He'll cast a lot of no votes and spread his message. Until we get more liberty candidates in there, that is all he can do.

marc1888
05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
A lot of those Democrats won't vote this cycle, best he energize his base and preach to Independents. If he gets an overwhelming amount of support with Independents and Republicans, the Democrats that turn out won't be able to win it for Price.

Slutter: It is WAY easier to convert an Independent than a Democratic Black voter.

96% of blacks voted for Obama, a vote for a Republican is a vote against Obama, so B.J. shouldn't even waste his time.

The majority of 4th district independents are Dems. They are the cool cats who complain about the 'party' and distance themselves from much of the establishment dems and then turn up and vote democrat anyway :) Its a given that BJ needs to energize his base but their is an evangelical neocon element here who will probably vote Price before they vote BJ.

Now pushing aside that negative BJ is a very popular figure here in the triangle and very well liked. He has been very consistent over the last few years and is a very principle and well liked guy. With the exception of party hacks when your average voter meets him they will vote for him. So BJ needs to walk those streets early and frequent and do lots of meeting, greeting and baby kissing and he will do fine.

He does of course need lots of money. BJ needs to raise probably about 750k + to stand a good chance of toppling Price. In an off year with a low turnout and money in the bank BJ could pull off a shock that your grand kids could read about in school in the future :). Without exaggeration BJ (and i have been in politics for 20 years in two continents) is something special... Genuine, principled and bang on the money.

and talking about money i am sure he would welcome any donations anyone wants to send him ;-)

Slutter McGee
05-17-2010, 10:06 PM

I know I am responding a lot later. But I have to. I really have to. See blacks want to meet the guy...or gall(like any fucking race).I know tons of fucking die hard democrat blacks, and if a candidate comes knocking on their door, and fucking talks to them, and explains where they stand...they get the vote.

See the problem with the Obama thing, is McCain (no I cant stand him, but he works for this explanation) couldnt go knocking on black doors. It was a fucking Presidential election. It would be impossible and counter productive. But take Glen I am Awesome Fucking Bradly for example...He can reach out to blacks because the election is more localized. Same with BJ

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

TCE
05-17-2010, 10:44 PM
The majority of 4th district independents are Dems. They are the cool cats who complain about the 'party' and distance themselves from much of the establishment dems and then turn up and vote democrat anyway :) Its a given that BJ needs to energize his base but their is an evangelical neocon element here who will probably vote Price before they vote BJ.

Now pushing aside that negative BJ is a very popular figure here in the triangle and very well liked. He has been very consistent over the last few years and is a very principle and well liked guy. With the exception of party hacks when your average voter meets him they will vote for him. So BJ needs to walk those streets early and frequent and do lots of meeting, greeting and baby kissing and he will do fine.

He does of course need lots of money. BJ needs to raise probably about 750k + to stand a good chance of toppling Price. In an off year with a low turnout and money in the bank BJ could pull off a shock that your grand kids could read about in school in the future :). Without exaggeration BJ (and i have been in politics for 20 years in two continents) is something special... Genuine, principled and bang on the money.

and talking about money i am sure he would welcome any donations anyone wants to send him ;-)

I am merely stating B.J. has a chance, I am not by any means calling him the favorite to win. If he goes to the Republican country meetings and tells them what he is for, smaller government, *cough* no cap-and-trade *cough*, health care, balanced budgets, etc, they shouldn't be voting for Price.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/perdues-numbers.html

Democrats don't like Governor Perdue. The Independents and Republicans aren't bringing her down so much (although they are as well), it's that those within her own party don't like her. This does not help Democratic enthusiasm and it won't help Price.

Slutter: Gunny can, and B.J. can. I'm sure many of the 4th District voters have never met Price. I'm still not sold that the Democratic Black vote can be brought over, but that remains to be seen, I hope to be proven wrong.

skyorbit
05-17-2010, 11:44 PM
I still would like to see BJ raise about $3 Million.

BJ $3
Rand needs $7

As far as I know, that's the only 2 Ron Paul candidates making it to the general.

We should be able to come up with $10 Million for the 2 of them.

Can't we?

Tracy

Imperial
05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I still would like to see BJ raise about $3 Million.

BJ $3
Rand needs $7

As far as I know, that's the only 2 Ron Paul candidates making it to the general.

We should be able to come up with $10 Million for the 2 of them.

Can't we?

Tracy

Adam Kokesh may still head to the general, although it will be a fight, and if he does I think you would see him have about as good of a shot as BJ.

I am 90% positive Justin Amash will make it to the general election. He is a first-term state rep in Michigan who is an outright Ron Paul supporter. He also is winning the funding race in a district with an open seat and a Republican voter registration edge.

Mike Lee may also make it in Utah. Not sure if he is a Paul supporter per se, but he is better than most.

skyorbit
05-23-2010, 10:30 PM
He does of course need lots of money. BJ needs to raise probably about 750k + to stand a good chance of toppling Price.

It's best to have 3 times as much money as your opponent.

So let's raise BJ $2.5 Million.

Tracy

Michigan11
05-24-2010, 06:33 PM
The first big moneybomb for Lawson needs to be BIG to get his fundraising momentum. We did about $400k for Rand's first big one...

What can we do for Lawson's first?