PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Senate Race

KramerDSP
05-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I read somewhere that Coats and Stutsman are taking votes from each other, and that Hostessler, who is placing 2nd, could sneak ahead. The critical things to watch for in this race were the number of absentee ballots, which appears to be a record high (favoring Coats), and a rise by Stutsman (endorsed by Demint) over the last few days, along with an infusion of cash into Stustman's campaign.

I'm hoping that Coats loses votes to Stutsman, allowing Hostessler to squeak by and trounce the Democrat opponent in the general election. If this is the case, and if Rand wins as well, we'd have Ron Paul in the House and Ron Paul Light (as described by a blogger) and Ron Paul's son holding two senate seats. If Kokesh can join Ron Paul in the house, even better.

John Taylor
05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I read somewhere that Coats and Stutsman are taking votes from each other, and that Hostessler, who is placing 2nd, could sneak ahead. The critical things to watch for in this race were the number of absentee ballots, which appears to be a record high (favoring Coats), and a rise by Stutsman (endorsed by Demint) over the last few days, along with an infusion of cash into Stustman's campaign.

I'm hoping that Coats loses votes to Stutsman, allowing Hostessler to squeak by and trounce the Democrat opponent in the general election. If this is the case, and if Rand wins as well, we'd have Ron Paul in the House and Ron Paul Light (as described by a blogger) and Ron Paul's son holding two senate seats. If Kokesh can join Ron Paul in the house, even better.

No, I see Stutzman taking a ton of Hostettler votes from him.

KramerDSP
05-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Fox News Blog: (http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/03/in-senate-race-turn-out-jumps/?test=latestnews)

Coats, a Republican candidate in Indiana's U.S. Senate race, has been considered something of a front-runner. He is the best known GOP candidate. Coats held the job before retiring from politics, leaving the Senate seat open for Democrat Evan Bayh to win in 1998. But despite his advantages, Coats has not pulled away from the other four candidates in the Republican field.

The higher than expected turn-out could be the Coats campaign at work. Opposition campaigns tell Fox News they suspect the Coats campaign targeted absentee ballots and the boosted number may be a sign of that effort.

Is the heavy turn-out (for a non-presidential election year primary) because of the Coats efforts? Or have fed-up Indiana voters decided to the "throw the bums out" as some pundits would have you believe?