PDA

View Full Version : Obama finally coming around

Elwar
05-04-2010, 11:54 AM
It seems that Obama is finally coming around to our way of thinking.

During his University of Michigan commencement address he stated "We know that too much government can stifle competition and deprive us of choice and burden us with debt."

Seems to me that he's finally getting the message.

I'm not saying that we should trust him completely, but we can use him to get our message out.

We need to take what we can, when we can.

REWARD him for saying/doing things we like.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Obama. I believe that people change. Right now he is saying good things. I'm willing to give him a chance.

http://www.theronpaulteaparty.com/e107_images/banners/banner.jpg (http://www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com)

amy31416
05-04-2010, 11:56 AM
With the exceptions of making good on his threats to kill people in Pakistan and to "spread the wealth around", Obama's words rarely match up with his actions.

Captain Bryan
05-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Hahahaha, good one.

Bruno
05-04-2010, 12:09 PM

During his University of Michigan commencement address he stated "We know that too much government can stifle competition and deprive us of choice and burden us with debt."

I'm not saying that we should trust him completely, but we can use him to get our message out.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Obama. I believe that people change. Right now he is saying good things. I'm willing to give him a chance.

well-intended, but entirely too trusting.

I am reminded of my own cautious optimism regarding Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, and G.W., all of which brought me nothing but disappointment.

mczerone
05-04-2010, 12:15 PM
You take that statement out of context.

The thrust of his speech was concerning the huge BUT that followed that line. He went on to expound on all the "Good" that government has done, in his mind: Railroads, SS, Medicare, the Highway system, et al.

Note that none of those things are objectively "good", and can be pretty easily exposed as huge evils.

Obama is either just as misinformed as the average person, or is actively perpetuating the lies.

tremendoustie
05-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Ok, to everyone who doesn't get it, he's mocking the "Beck is coming around" threads.

muh_roads
05-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Elwar are you an imposter? lol Post the very next sentence after what you quoted...

The truth is, the debate we’ve had for decades now between more government and less government, it doesn’t really fit the times in which we live. We know that too much government can stifle competition and deprive us of choice and burden us with debt. But we’ve also clearly seen the dangers of too little government -– like when a lack of accountability on Wall Street nearly leads to the collapse of our entire economy. (Applause.)

roll me freakin' eyes.

More garbage here...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-university-michigan-spring-commencement

amy31416
05-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Ok, to everyone who doesn't get it, he's mocking the "Beck is coming around" threads.

Ahh. And "duhhh." Guess I should read more of the Beck threads...or not.

tremendoustie
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Elwar are you an imposter? lol Post the very next sentence after what you quoted...

roll me freakin' eyes.

More garbage here...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-university-michigan-spring-commencement (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-university-michigan-spring-commencement)

Look one post up ... it's a parody ;).

This is what happens with dry humor ...

Bruno
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM

Thanks! :o

TheBlackPeterSchiff
05-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Hahahaha, good one.

:cool:

Imaginos
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Ah, now that does make sense.
When I saw this thread, I was like wtf?
:D

Reason
05-04-2010, 12:54 PM
lol

tropicangela
05-04-2010, 02:18 PM

Bush said the same thing just before he left office when the bailouts were going on. (OP is joking - haha phew)

catdd
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I think I saw him at the last Tea Party carrying an AUDIT THE FED sign. Purplechoe has a picture of that somewhere.

osan
05-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Son, you need to get off the turnip truck. What he says means nothing. His actions are what count. Statements such as you quote mean NOTHING. Try to place specific value on it - I defy you do it successfully. You won't be able to because there is no substance. He is pandering. He will say "right" and then turn left.

Trusting him to even the smallest epsilon attainable is sheer stupidity.

Bullshit. That is the mindset of the subservient - of the one at the disadvantage. Adopt it if you wish, but don't count on anyone with a clue to follow suit. The only proper mind here is one of zero tolerance and zero compromise.

This is as foolish as anything I have seen written here. I recommend you sit in a softly lit room when you have plenty of time, with a good bottle of something, relax and rethink your position. Take days or weeks, if necessary because your thinking is hella screwed up.

phill4paul
05-04-2010, 07:06 PM
ROFLMAO. Good job!

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 07:08 PM
ROFLMAO. Good job!

i was thinking maybe we should merge obama,palin,beck threads and make a new forum site and ban them from rpf!! had me going for a sec there elwar:)

phill4paul
05-04-2010, 07:12 PM
i was thinking maybe we should merge obama,palin,beck threads and make a new forum site and ban them from rpf!! had me going for a sec there elwar:)

Or just a hot topic sub-forum called "Distractions liberty minded individuals should avoid."

TC95
05-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Obama 2012!

purplechoe
05-04-2010, 08:52 PM
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/001-0327002855-debt_star1.jpg

Sentient Void
05-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Touche. Point Taken.

lol.

Although, that quote was most certainly taken out of context :-/

Baptist
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Hahahaha, good one.

Almost as good as Beck is coming around.

Vessol
05-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I heard the Rockefeller family has donated its entire family fortune to the Ron Paul campaign as well.

osan
05-05-2010, 08:07 AM

That was humor?

Well alrighty then.

Baptist
05-05-2010, 09:11 AM
I heard the Rockefeller family has donated its entire family fortune to the Ron Paul campaign as well.

Day late dollar short. Glad to hear that the secret billionaire is alive and well though.