PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities

goRPaul
10-11-2007, 01:26 AM
I think it would really help out the campaign if we got some celebrity endorsements. Tucker was right a while back- a good celebrity or two (or hundred) would really give the campaign a kick. We have a few WWE stars and a country singer or two, I've come up with a short list of others we might be able to enlist:

Mark Cuban, owner Dallas Mavericks
Marshal "Eminem" Mathers, he's made some very political music videos
David Letterman
Doug Stanhope, libertarian comedian
Billy Joe Armstrong of Green Day- a registered Libertarian
Trey Parker/Matt Stone, creators of South Park
Howard Stern

I know its pretty ambitious, but think of the result if just one or two of them publicly endorsed Ron. I think we should email each of them and see if they say something about it. And I'm certain that this list can be a lot bigger, I just chose people who are libertarian-leaning and would make the most impact.

OptionsTrader
10-11-2007, 02:31 AM
It is spelled "Marshall" by the way.

Hope
10-11-2007, 04:11 AM
I know Kevin Costner went on Bill Mahr and said he was a conservative. Not sure where he stands on the war or anything like that, but it'd be cool if we had some way to contact him. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie both said they love Ayn Rand. Who knows.

Givemelibertyor.....
10-11-2007, 04:26 AM
You can cross Howard Stern off the list. Despite his free-for-all show, he is a pure neocon in regards to foreign policy.

How about Clint Eastwood?

RTsquared
10-11-2007, 05:42 AM
Nolan Ryan was the honorary chair of his Congressional campaign once upon a time.
Willie Nelson endorsed Kinky Friedman for TX governor - you'd think since Kinky is endorsing RP, Willie would come along for the ride.

That's all I can think of for now...

apropos
10-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Matt Groening
Kurt Russell
Tom Selleck
Jeff Foxworthy

It would be nice to have Warren Buffet on board. Every investor in the country pretty much does what that guy says. I doubt he would agree on Ron Paul on several issues, but he has publicly stated that our trade deficit is a very bad thing.

Adamsa
10-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Jimmie Vaughan is a Ron Paul supporter, thats pretty cool! Maybe Stevie Ray would be for Ron if he were alive... :(

pcosmar
10-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Merle Haggard, America First.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrHPjm4qKM

It could be a Theme Song for the campaign.

I sent an E-Mail asking permission to use the song, but I have gotten no response yet.

Adamsa
10-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Merle Haggard, America First.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrHPjm4qKM

It could be a Theme Song for the campaign.

I sent an E-Mail asking permission to use the song, but I have gotten no response yet.

"video is unavailable."

pcosmar
10-11-2007, 07:25 AM
"video is unavailable."
It just worked for me. Great video.

grizzlybite
10-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Who did you send an email to? I'd like to follow up with Merle Haggard's agents if possible. I think this is PERFECT for our message, especially for my former neo-con base here in the south. Merle Haggard is LOVED by our older generation!

pcosmar
10-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I had sent it to
Merle@MerleHaggard.Com
That was the contact from the official site.
I have not heard back yet, but I was giving them some time. I may try again, and some others also.

jgmaynard
10-11-2007, 08:07 AM
I saw Elvis Costello the other night in concert and he was talking about how dissenting from governemnt in times of war is called treason by some, but he calls it patriotism. Another possibility?

JM

DaronWestbrooke
10-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Trey Parker/Matt Stone, creators of South Park

I think these guys are out. They have indicated on occasion they support the war and there is a rumor going around of an episode that will mock the rEVOLution. (they think we are just more hippies.)

Valene
10-11-2007, 08:47 AM
I know Kevin Costner went on Bill Mahr and said he was a conservative. Not sure where he stands on the war or anything like that, but it'd be cool if we had some way to contact him. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie both said they love Ayn Rand. Who knows.

Forget Angelina Jolie, because she has a 5 year membership in the CFR. I suspect someone is grooming her for an ambassadorship in Africa.

tfelice
10-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Bruce Willis would be a good one, and a distinct possibility.

StumbleBum7
10-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Beastie boys maybe

o and Linkin Park listen to their new song "Hands Held High"

Corydoras
10-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I saw Elvis Costello the other night in concert and he was talking about how dissenting from governemnt in times of war is called treason by some, but he calls it patriotism. Another possibility?

He's become an American citizen? He's from England.

jgmaynard
10-11-2007, 07:29 PM
He's become an American citizen? He's from England.

Not sure, but some people admire him, why wouldn't an endorsement from an Englishman be worthwhile? I mean, this is Elvis Costello we are talking about here, not Ahkmajinizhad (sp?).... LOL.

JM

Corydoras
10-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I would like Mel Gibson to activate the Hollywood right (and it does exist) for Ron. He can't endorse him publicly, I think, what with his, ah, personal problems, but he certainly has enough pull with the Hollywood right to get some money for Ron.