PDA

View Full Version : Any Alex Jones fans in NYC?

rodent
10-11-2007, 01:16 AM

OptionsTrader
10-11-2007, 01:19 AM
There are meetup groups for such activities, just search for 911 truth on meetup.com.

And please, no one bait a flame war, lol.

V-rod
10-11-2007, 03:54 AM
I used to actually like Alex Jones until I met him in person several years ago and realized he was a phony who didn't really believe lot of the hype he yells out all the time. I still listen to him from time when I'm in Austin because he is one of few on radio who gives their own honest no holds barred perspective, but I won't give a penny for his dumbed down shockumentary dvds. After a year of his dribble, it gets old real fast.

ctb619
10-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Which one is it? Is he a "phony" who doesn't believe his own rhetoric, or does he give his " own honest no holds barred perspective" on his radio program?

V-rod
10-11-2007, 04:11 AM
Both, he goes on for like 60+ hours a week on radio. On real issues you hear some real honesty and then you hear him going off how we are all going to die because the government is intentionally wanting to poison us. Which can be interpreted in many different ways in the real world, but not by the way he presents facts.

ctb619
10-11-2007, 04:16 AM
Both, he goes on for like 60+ hours a week on radio. On real issues you hear some real honesty and then you hear him going off how we are all going to die because the government is intentionally wanting to poison us. Which can be interpreted in many different ways in the real world, but not by the way he presents facts.

I have no way of knowing whether he is being honest or not, but I agree that he goes way over the top sometimes and rarely presents any real objective or convincing arguments when he does so. I was curious to know why you believe that he is disingenuous with some of his statements/theories?

rodent
10-11-2007, 10:32 AM

rodent
10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I used to actually like Alex Jones until I met him in person several years ago and realized he was a phony who didn't really believe lot of the hype he yells out all the time. I still listen to him from time when I'm in Austin because he is one of few on radio who gives their own honest no holds barred perspective, but I won't give a penny for his dumbed down shockumentary dvds. After a year of his dribble, it gets old real fast.

How do you know he doesn't believe what he yells out? I've always regarded the NWO as a convenient abstraction for the lack of respect for property and property laws.

No one person or group of people is smart enough to deliberately carry out the things he's talking about; however, a group of people are definitely smart enough to stop respecting laws that enable degradation of society into "low-grade morons."

Electric Church
10-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I can hear the Gremlins comin

kimosabi
10-11-2007, 05:26 PM
When I was a teenager, I had a job working at a company that processed and digitized documents for companies involved in litigation. At that time, I did see a rather intelligent effort on behalf of a very large metals company to poison a community of people and get away with it. He's not lying, there are intelligent efforts to poison people.

The issue with poisoning people is that ordinary Joes don't understand the implications of poisoning or the statistical significance of poisoning.

One just has to do some research on the effects of chlorine and flouride in our drinking water to realise that we are all being systematically poisoned...

DahuiHeeNalu
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Alex Jones Fan in NC! ;)

Crunchy
10-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I believe the Alex Jones stuff to a certain extent, but I understand that his hype is his business and he makes money out of exageration. Yes we are being poison and maybe intentionally just to reduce population, but we can't prove that, just speculate and Alex speculation and "facts" are counter productive to our cause. Lets start raising money for Paul and stop talking about good ol Alex Jones.:D :D :D :D :D

Electric Church
10-11-2007, 05:58 PM
round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round

derdy
10-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Ever since I got involved with Ron Paul and politics, I got pulled into the Alex Jones stuff. I was wondering if any other Alex Jones-ers lived around here in NYC. I'd like to meet some like-minded, pro-RP, 9-11 truth people. I originally got hooked on RP because he was about not regulating the internet and eliminating the IRS. Then I got into him because he explained why the war wasn't justified.

My parents and friends accuse me of having lost it, but I can't get over the analysis of the amplitude peaks in the sound waves as the tower collapsed. I don't think the tower could've collapsed at free-fall speeds, and I think the little blasts shooting out of the building as the building is falling is pretty damning.

I'm a statistician and engineer by trade and work in the area of computational finance. I'm educated and I'm managing to fit what Alex Jones says into my world view without too much conflict, aside from maybe global warming.

I'd like to make some friends in the area who're into Alex Jones. My girlfriend won't even let me have him on the speakers without getting angry.

here ya go:
http://9-11.meetup.com/321/?gj=sj3

Wiserphil
10-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I used to listen to Alex and then the cats over at Wingtv woke me up. Sure he is telling alot of the truth, but he is such a sensationalist. He blows everything out of proportion. And he will not go anywhere near the Zionist Jews. And he does not research his articles to see if they are true or not. But I understand how he can suck you in. A few years back when I was new to the patriot movement I would listen to him everyday and after a while it got old.

Peace

Electric Church
10-11-2007, 09:05 PM
For those who don't know who Alex Jones is and you want to formulate your own opinions (I'd like to thank all the Ron Paul supporters who bring his name up at least 20 times a week on this forum which helps to increase his exposure) go to www.prisionplanet.com and Click on listen live to hear Alex Jones.
:cool:

lucius
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM
How do you know he doesn't believe what he yells out? I've always regarded the NWO as a convenient abstraction for the lack of respect for property and property laws.

No one person or group of people is smart enough to deliberately carry out the things he's talking about; however, a group of people are definitely smart enough to stop respecting laws that enable degradation of society into "low-grade morons."

"When you ask people to revisit the events of 9/11 and reconsider what really happened, you enter the twilight zone of public mythology where people don’t want to rethink unhappy events and where you challenge their personal egos. Did you know that for the same reason that 2/3 of the women raped never report it, 2/3 of the victims of fraud never seek redress either? They find themselves at odds with their own egos; they simply don’t want to admit that they have been so violated or duped. I believe that the story of Philip Zelikow is important to help people beyond their own egos and see how America is being raped.

Most people have never heard of Philip D. Zelikow, but he is best known as the executive director of the 9/11 Commission. He basically wrote the 9/11 Commission Report. Immediately prior to Bush appointing him to head the 9/11 Commission, Zelikow was the executive director of the little known Aspen Strategy Group whose members include Dick Cheney, Condoleeza Rica, and Paul Wolfowitz. Although most people don’t know anything about Zelikow, they recognize Cheney, Rice and Wolfowitz as the Neoconservatives most responsible for stampeding America into the current unfortunate conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspen_Strategy_Group#Group_Members

Zelikow’s record gets really interesting when we consider that he went on to write the 9/11 Commission Report. He earned a law degree from the University of Houston Law School and a Ph. D. from Tufts University. He wrote books too. He wrote a book on The Kennedy Tapes, and another on Why People Don’t Trust Government. One of his areas of expertise is PUBLIC MYTHOLOGY. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_D._Zelikow

While at Harvard he actually wrote about the use, and misuse, of history in policymaking. As he noted in his own words, "contemporary" history is "defined functionally by those critical people and events that go into forming the public's presumptions about its immediate past. The idea of 'public presumption'," he explained, "is akin to [the] notion of 'public myth' but without the negative implication sometimes invoked by the word 'myth.' Such presumptions are beliefs (1) thought to be true (although not necessarily known to be true with certainty), and (2) shared in common within the relevant political community." So Zelikow, the guy who wrote The 9/11 Commission Report, was an expert in how to misuse public trust and create PUBLIC MYTHS.

If 9/11 was nothing but a huge HOAX, you would naturally expect that the event itself would have to be perfectly scripted.

In 1998, Zelikow actually wrote Catastrophic Terrorism about imagining “the transformative event” three years before 9/11. Here are Zelikow’s 1998 words; Readers should imagine the possibilities for themselves, because the most serious constraint on current policy [nonaggression] is lack of imagination. An act of catastrophic terrorism that killed thousands or tens of thousands of people and/or disrupted the necessities of life for hundreds of thousands, or even millions, would be a watershed event in America’s history. It could involve loss of life and property unprecedented for peacetime and undermine Americans’ fundamental sense of security within their own borders in a manner akin to the 1949 Soviet atomic bomb test, or perhaps even worse. Constitutional liberties would be challenged as the United States sought to protect itself from further attacks by pressing against allowable limits in surveillance of citizens, detention of suspects, and the use of deadly force. More violence would follow, either as other terrorists seek to imitate this great "success" or as the United States strikes out at those considered responsible. Like Pearl Harbor, such an event would divide our past and future into a "before" and "after." The effort and resources we devote to averting or containing this threat now, in the "before" period, will seem woeful, even pathetic, when compared to what will happen "after." Our leaders will be judged negligent for not addressing catastrophic terrorism more urgently. http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/visions/publication/terrorism.htm

If we can get people to see that the guy who wrote The 9/11 Commission Report got his Ph.D. in PUBLIC MYTHS and actually had his hand in scripting the 9/11 event itself in 1998, they might be more receptive to the idea that the official story of 9/11 should be revisited.

The other problem is getting them to look again at an unhappy event. Don’t show them the unhappy pictures or the long videos of planes crashing into the WTC Towers or of the Towers collapsing. Instead show them short videos of what the first reporters said immediately after the explosions at the Pentagon and at Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02dE5VKeck and

(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZekosYOmXc&mode=related&search

On September 11, 2001, the immediate reports on the ground told the truth. I think most people can see that it was later that the myth-makers retold the myth the way Zelikow scripted it to be remembered. This may be 2007, but when we consider the power of mythology the psychology of the average man hasn’t changed in 4000 years. And when everyone in the political community believes the same myth, it becomes a parallel reality. With TV reinforcing the 9/11 myth every single day, it has become stronger than any belief system that I can remember, but we must explore ways to challenge it."

Interesting take, it is from here: http://www.savethemales.ca/