PDA

View Full Version : Osi Onyekwuluje just said on Twitter Mitch McConnell....

BamaFanNKy
05-03-2010, 10:29 PM
is endorsing Trey tomorrow.

I guess the upcoming Demint endorsement and the new PPP numbers need to thwarted somehow.

Agorism
05-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Jim Bunning should cut a commercial with Rand with that line that someone suggested: "Kentucky voters want two senators not one."

GoatsGoneWild
05-03-2010, 10:38 PM
It wouldn't surprise me.

I bet the Dobson incident forced Grayson to break down and beg McConnell to support him.

It's a shame that all of this would be happening right after the PPP results are released.

Agorism
05-03-2010, 10:42 PM
It wouldn't surprise me.

I bet the Dobson incident forced Grayson to break down and beg McConnell to support him.

It's a shame that all of this would be happening right after the PPP results are released.

Of course there are 300 million people in this country, and people posting all kinds of random tweets. There is a decent chance that it's nonsense.

But it would make sense to time the McConnell endorsement to cover up poor polling in order to justify Trey's continued negative ad campaign.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm not so sure some random guy on Twitter who links to his own cheap-o blogspot site is really worth getting worked up about. Especially one who is gullible and stupid enough to think Grayson's internal push-poll that will likely be shot to pieces on Tuesday by Public Policy Polling is even worth mentioning.

Bring on the DeMint endorsement!

Dreamofunity
05-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Just for some clarification, who is that?

Kotin
05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
It sounds like it's plausible.. Grayson must be so desperate right now.

But this will not be any shocker.. Jim Demint endorsing Rand is much more newsworthy.. I mean Jim Demint has not been raising money for Rand Paul the whole campaign as mcconell has been with Grayson.. So if this forces a demint endorsement than I say it's good for us.

ammorris
05-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't know how credible this guy is, but it seems to dovetail with David Adam's tweet about Demint. Demint has indicated that he will only step in if McConnell does, so maybe they're both jumping in.

Ethek
05-03-2010, 11:10 PM
I would rather not have to deal with this. People know McConnell in the state. The phrase of the day for Joe KY voter is 'Demint who?'

Inkblots
05-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I would rather not have to deal with this. People know McConnell in the state. The phrase of the day for Joe KY voter is 'Demint who?'

Exactly. We can't just laugh off the McConnell endorsement and try to pretend that KY voters see him as 'just another establishment politician'. The man is beloved by a huge swathe of GOP voters there. From what I've read, it seems like a lot of people credit him with single-handedly building the modern GOP in the state.

It reminds me of some quotes from an article posted here a while back:

Dick and Sondra Gwinn came to the Marion County Lincoln Day Dinner in Lebanon still undecided about whom to vote for in the Senate primary. The two self-described Glenn Beck enthusiasts said they came to the gathering of 60 or so local Republicans in the hopes of getting a better understanding of the two men.

“I came in here tonight wanting to vote for Trey Grayson, but I changed my mind a bit,” Dick Gwinn said after the event. “He sounded to me like a party hack.”

. . .

Dick and Sondra Gwinn said that despite their impressions from the Lebanon Lincoln Day Dinner, they would support Grayson if McConnell came out and asked Republicans to back him.

“If Mitch said I need Trey Grayson in Washington to fix this, that’s it. Because I trust Mitch,” Dick Gwinn said.

“I believe in Mitch McConnell ,” Sondra added.
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000003643327

I think there are probably a lot of voters just like them in the state. They're skeptical of Trayson, they think he sounds like another sleekit careerist pol, but if St. Mitch says to vote for him...

(C'mon, Kentucky! Prove me wrong!)

Ethek
05-04-2010, 06:03 AM
ugh, listen to this guy.

via facebook

Osi Onyekwuluje
Nice seeing you at Daviess County Abraham Lincoln Day dinner. Somehow I love that sound: Abraham Lincoln!
6 hours ago

BamaFanNKy
05-04-2010, 06:28 AM
The guy is a GOP guy from Bowling Green who's run for office quite a bit. He's from Africa but, he does talk to some players from time to time. He's a good guy.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2053/30/35/1173939252/n1173939252_308412_4583.jpg

FWIW, he's all about Lincoln. Even his facebook page avatar is Abe.