PDA

View Full Version : Colo. Lawmakers Reject Measure On Pot Dispensaries

speciallyblend
05-03-2010, 08:12 PM
http://tinyurl.com/2e7gjoe

http://leadvillelifestyle.com/blog/2010/05/03/colo-lawmakers-reject-measure-on-pot-dispensaries/

for reader info. if the law makers try to put to many regulations on medical marijuana. Then we already have a ballot to stop them in their tracks by the voters. Lawmakers are realizing if they pass bad law. they will be removed by Colorado Voters. there are a few republicans/democrats that will understand this in Nov 2010;)

everyone please feel free to join www.leadvillelifestyle.com ,if you love the mtn lifestyle. then please join our facebook/twitter and our website!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Leadville-Colorado/Leadville-Lifestyle/98503306499?ref=ts

http://twitter.com/leadvilleco

Become The Media, Be The Media, Your The Media!!!

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 01:30 PM
blimpin for Colorado Voters!! most politicians are starting to pay attention;)

dannno
05-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Ya we have lawmakers here trying to severely limit the number of dispensaries and putting all sorts of regulations on where they can operate....

THEEEEENNN they talk about figuring out how to take the profit motive out... it must be completely foreign to them that the way to decrease excess profits from individual dispensaries is to allow more to open so there can be competition... they don't even consider that this will lower prices and make it more available for patients!!

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Ya we have lawmakers here trying to severely limit the number of dispensaries and putting all sorts of regulations on where they can operate....

THEEEEENNN they talk about figuring out how to take the profit motive out... it must be completely foreign to them that the way to decrease excess profits from individual dispensaries is to allow more to open so there can be competition... they don't even consider that this will lower prices and make it more available for patients!!

yep,if they continue to try to regulate something far safer then common foods! then they will regulate folks right back to a green market!!! i think people are starting to wise up to the anti-marijuana folks games! These folks attempt to justify their bad marijuana laws by promoting mis-info and dirty tactics. I suspect voters are about justify their postiion by voting out these folks willing to defend 75 plus yrs of misleading propaganda and flat out lies!!!

speciallyblend
05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
blimpin

specsaregood
05-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Well in our state, you have to have a terminal illness where youa re gonna die in a year or have ass cancer to get medical mj. I guess the reasoning is that if you are gonna die within a year, then smoking pot is ok and doesn't do all the bad stuff they claim it does?

speciallyblend
05-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Well in our state, you have to have a terminal illness where youa re gonna die in a year or have ass cancer to get medical mj. I guess the reasoning is that if you are gonna die within a year, then smoking pot is ok and doesn't do all the bad stuff they claim it does?

luckily in our state it is only a 100 dollar fine to have an ounce and pipe. A speeding ticket cost more!! Colorado Citizens understand that marijuana is safer then many common foods and even aspirin!! i feel lucky to live in a county where over 72% of voters and even higher number of citizens believe marijuana should be legal. the anti-marijuana folks are losing their arguments! no need to even smoke marijuana now, just eat it!!

the longer folks fight legalized marijuana personal or medical. the more they will be viewed as defending 75 plus yrs of lies and mis-leading government propaganda!!!

people are finally realizing that marijuana laws are far more dangerous then marijuana itself!!! anyone that believes marijuana is or should be a schedule 1 drug should be put into a padded room and removed from office as incompetent to hold office!!

i heard sticking your balls in a microwave can get you a med card:) plus women like men that can bounce on their balls;)

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-05-2010, 04:18 PM
When something is legalized, regulation is implied. An unregulated free market of people growing pot in their basement is not going to happen under legalization.

I think folks make a poor tactical decision campaigning on legalization in lieu of decriminalization.

dannno
05-05-2010, 04:29 PM
When something is legalized, regulation is implied. An unregulated free market of people growing pot in their basement is not going to happen under legalization.

I think folks make a poor tactical decision campaigning on legalization in lieu of decriminalization.

Decriminalization generally means it is illegal to manufacture or sell, it is only legal to possess.. that doesn't make any sense either.

Legalization in CA will allow people to grow limited quantities in their basement.. Do you think the cops are going to care if somebody is growing a little bit more than the limit? Probably not when you can go down the street and buy it at the store.

speciallyblend
05-05-2010, 04:31 PM

i do understand what your saying . i really do. I see legalized marijuana happening in colorado with not much regulation!! granted we might hear law makers screaming for it,but reality is if they regulate it to much. they will regulate it right back to a cheaper green market;)

not to mention we have ballot access to stop check anything the greedy lawmakers try!!

honestly i have no problem with paying a small tax as long as they stop THE BS, just like alcohol. people can still homebrew. all they have to do is pretty much copy and paste alcohol regulations and regulate it less then alcohol since alcohol kills and marijuana does not!!!

if they want to keep it illegal fine. it will not change anything! cheaper illegally anyway;) so the best thing they can do is Legalize Marijuana regulated or not. 100 dollar fine here cheaper to get busted 4 times a yr then buy a med card;) insanity but true!!

special note to brainwashed law enforcement officials, legalized marijuana would make it harder to grow outdoors ,since farmers would be growing hemp. which would pollinate good marijuana turning it into arkansas ditchweed!!
they regulate it to much. We will just go back to buying cheaper marijuana from better sources!! free market will find away, regulation or not already has been for 75yrs

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-05-2010, 04:45 PM
People already pay property taxes. If you can't grow something on land that has already been taxed without being double (luxury/sin tax), triple (sales tax), quadruple (privilege/occupational license), quintuple (income), and possibly sextuple (VAT) taxed and have free entry into the market what is the point?

I am singing to the choir and doubt there is much disagreement from anyone in this thread thus far.

Do I think cops will pay you any less attention? No...

Six Arrested in Probe of City’s Food Vendors
http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/six-arrested-in-probe-of-citys-food-vendors/

Vendor Arrested for "Impeach Him" Buttons
http://crooksandliars.com/2007/07/24/vendor-arrested-for-impeach-him-buttons

Rancher Arrested For Selling Snake Vodka
http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/rattlesnake.vodka.texas.2.685595.html

speciallyblend
05-05-2010, 04:55 PM
People already pay property taxes. If you can't grow something on land that has already been taxed without being double (luxury/sin tax), triple (sales tax), quadruple (privilege/occupational license), quintuple (income), and possibly sextuple (VAT) taxed and have free entry into the market what is the point?

I am singing to the choir and doubt there is much disagreement from anyone in this thread thus far.

Do I think cops will pay you any less attention? No...

Six Arrested in Probe of City’s Food Vendors
http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/six-arrested-in-probe-of-citys-food-vendors/

Vendor Arrested for "Impeach Him" Buttons
http://crooksandliars.com/2007/07/24/vendor-arrested-for-impeach-him-buttons

Rancher Arrested For Selling Snake Vodka
http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/rattlesnake.vodka.texas.2.685595.html

i totally agree with you;) luckily our law enforcement are fine on marijuana. if someone is popped in our state for marijuana? my next question is what else did you do? since a 100 ticket is nothing compared to what else they did do to get into trouble!! I am only speaking for the co mtns! !!! Law enforcement i know are behind decrim and legalizing marijuana. the only folks against decrim or legalized marijuana in our county are the right-wing communist/fascist Christians! who do not want voters to vote on this since we are a majority voter block;)

luckily they are a minority and they cannot stop me from putting it on the ballot;)

dannno
05-05-2010, 04:55 PM

No it's that decriminalization does not allow people to sell or manufacture, legalizing allows the sale and manufacture. Regulation is not inherent in a legalization effort, but it is a good incentive for some who don't fully understand the issue to move in that direction.

surf
05-05-2010, 05:35 PM
de·crim·i·nal·ize   /diˈkrɪmənlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled[dee-krim-uh-nl-ahyz]
–verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing.
to eliminate criminal penalties for or remove legal restrictions against: to decriminalize marijuana.

le·gal·ize   /ˈligəˌlaɪz/ Show Spelled[lee-guh-lahyz]
–verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing.
to make legal; authorize

personally, i prefer the term decriminalize primarily because of "remove legal restrictions against"

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I think I left out agricultural tax, seed tax, and IP fees because seeds will be patented before you get water on your first plant. :D