PDA

View Full Version : Trey Grayson Squishy On Abortion

Agorism
05-03-2010, 08:10 PM
link to article (http://micadaily.blogspot.com/2010/04/trey-grayson-squishy-on-abortion.html)

Let's play a matching game with Northern Kentucky Right to Life's candidate survey they send out to learn who are the real, no BS pro-lifers.

Click here to read eleven serious questions with very little wiggle room for wimps on abortion.

If you page down on their survey to the second page, you will learn that Trey Grayson didn't answer ANY of the questions. NKYRTL stated that Trey "Responded with an unresponsive letter, evading the answers to specific questions."

When you compare the "answers" in Trey's letter to the Right to Life questions, you will see that Trey really only creates more questions about where he stands on abortion.

The media has been pretty easy on Trey and I'm not sure why. If you compare his answers to the questions, it is hard not to wonder if Trey is really against a state Human Life Amendment, if he is against actually enforcing a prohibition against abortion and if he actually supports using tissue or organs from aborted children.

Trey's "answers" suggest he is opposed to prohibiting mandatory health insurance coverage for abortions. Why Trey?

Trey's "answers" suggest he wants taxpayer money to be used for the RU-486 abortion pill.

And then Trey writes "I will not support a candidate for legislative or political office who is pro-abortion." That sounds good, but the question is way more detailed than that to prevent squishy politicians from doing what Trey does here. The Right to Life question is "Will you refuse to support in any manner a candidate for any public office, who publicly states acceptance of the current status of legalized abortion, or who fails to disclose his position on the issue of abortion, or who has, as a public official, a record of support for abortion or of failing to oppose it, or who supports any of the above anti-life activities?"

See the difference? In case you don't, remember that no politicians describe themselves as "pro-abortion." But the Right to Life question is designed to smoke out politicians who support politicians who are okay with abortion. Trey has supported, financially and publicly, current Beshear cabinet official Jonathan Miller. Miller wrote in his book "The Compassionate Community" that he didn't like "the all-too-common fabrication that "pro-choice" individuals are also "pro-abortion."

Does Trey agree with this? Why or why not? Lots of questions for Trey on abortion. I wonder if he will really answer any of them.

amisspelledword
05-03-2010, 08:14 PM
i really dont understand the focus on abortion in this race. its misguided, for sure. why not attack rand for one of his other "strange ideas" instead of abortion? abortion must've polled well in a test group or something

DeadheadForPaul
05-03-2010, 08:21 PM
i really dont understand the focus on abortion in this race. its misguided, for sure. why not attack rand for one of his other "strange ideas" instead of abortion? abortion must've polled well in a test group or something

I don't know much about Kentucky politics, but there are 2 groups you can count on in any election: the religious right and old people. Both show up strongly at the polls

That's why Trey has been focusing on abortion and social security

Fozz
05-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't know much about Kentucky politics, but there are 2 groups you can count on in any election: the religious right and old people. Both show up strongly at the polls

That's why Trey has been focusing on abortion and social security

As of April 15, Rand Paul led Trey Grayson by 27 points among age 65+ Republicans who are likely to vote.

And he led Grayson by 17 points among Republicans who regularly attend religious services.

DeadheadForPaul
05-03-2010, 08:41 PM
As of April 15, Rand Paul led Trey Grayson by 27 points among age 65+ Republicans who are likely to vote.

And he led Grayson by 17 points among Republicans who regularly attend religious services.

Yup :)
That's why Trey is attacking those areas

Agorism
05-04-2010, 03:55 PM
bump