PDA

View Full Version : Hutaree militia members to be released on bail!

phill4paul
05-03-2010, 10:11 AM
just heard on the news. FBI unable to convince judge of imminent threat.

constituent
05-03-2010, 10:16 AM
excellent. but now they'll stall on getting them into court, and let them twist on the hook while they wait for the authorities to sketch something up.

phill4paul
05-03-2010, 10:20 AM
excellent. but now they'll stall on getting them into court, and let them twist on the hook while they wait for the authorities to sketch something up.

I believe so also. Now I'd like to see the same media coverage covering the release and casting doubt on the FBI's case. However, I find that unlikely.
The case reported to the court of public opinion by the media has already done it's job.

phill4paul
05-03-2010, 10:37 AM
News articles starting to post

AP: ?9 accused of plotting war on US can post bond"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FBI_RAIDS_MILITIA?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Reason
05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
YouTube - Judge Orders Bail For Hutaree Militia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egru25hHD1g)

pcosmar
05-03-2010, 11:01 AM
There was NO plan to kill police officers.
If there was any evidence it would have been presented this last week.

There was NO plan to overthrow the United States.
They had intention to resist the NWO. To repel attack.
If any evidence existed it would have been presented. There is none.

WaltM
05-03-2010, 08:10 PM
they have a really kickass logo, anybody know if they sell their patch?
(did I just give people ideas on how to raise money for their defense?)

Endgame
05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
they have a really kickass logo, anybody know if they sell their patch?
(did I just give people ideas on how to raise money for their defense?)

You just provided material aid for a terrorist organization. Proceed directly to Gitmo. Do not collect $200.

Mach
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Hutaree has already been assassinated.......... character assassination.

WaltM
05-04-2010, 01:10 AM
You just provided material aid for a terrorist organization. Proceed directly to Gitmo. Do not collect $200.

http://www.commentsyard.com/cy/01/6312/Sorry-Graphic-08.gif

Vessol
05-04-2010, 02:04 AM
It was never going to get through courts in the first place.

The whole case was designed to get the militias in the United States in a bad spot light. We'll see how spread this news is.

pcosmar
05-04-2010, 08:14 AM
As much as I am happy with their release I am also disturbed by the conditions of their release.
I am afraid I would have to decline if I was in their place.

The code

ARTICLE I.

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give up my life in their defense.

ARTICLE II.

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

ARTICLE III.

If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

ARTICLE IV.

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

ARTICLE V.

When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

ARTICLE VI.

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

I would find the conditions of release unacceptable.
:(

The Patriot
05-04-2010, 08:49 AM
There was never a legit case on them. I still can figure out the motive behind the arrest though. Maybe they did it to try and scare people from joining their local militias? Didn't seem to work. But I said from the beginning, the story was absurd. Why would a militia in Michigan buy pipebombs(which a 10 year old could make) from a guy in Kentucky to kill police officers in Michigan and Indiana? Rather absurd story. The probably had a guy on the inside, trying to build a case, but obviously he didn't do a good enough job trying to provoke violence. Wonder where he will be reassigned. :D

pcosmar
05-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Their release has been delayed. The Feds appealed.
http://www.freep.com/article/20100504/NEWS06/5040337/1318/Feds-win-a-delay-in-release-of-9-Hutaree-members

A federal judge late Monday agreed to delay until 5 p.m. Wednesday a decision to release nine members of a Lenawee County Christian militia group, who were expected to be released this morning.

U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said the government's request for a stay was "woefully inadequate," but said that given the public interest in her decision Monday to grant bond to the defendants, a temporary delay was justified.

Roberts gave prosecutors until 5 p.m. Wednesday to tell her whether the U.S. Solicitor General will appeal.

bruce leeroy
05-04-2010, 09:20 AM
In yo face hoebama....................Lil Mao wow got PWNED

AuH20
05-04-2010, 02:55 PM
MSNBC anchor praying it was the Hutaree or someone like them. 1:00 mark:

YouTube - MSNBC's Contessa Brewer - I'm Sorry Times Square Suspect Has Islamic Ties (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRmPTN07Iz4&feature=player_embedded)

jclay2
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Like pcosmar said, these people have nothing. If they don't have enough evidence to take away the opportunity to post bail, then they don't have any evidence to convict these folks.

catdd
05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
MSNBC anchor praying it was the Hutaree or someone like them. 1:00 mark:

YouTube - MSNBC's Contessa Brewer - I'm Sorry Times Square Suspect Has Islamic Ties (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRmPTN07Iz4&feature=player_embedded)

She sounds like a typical MSNBC, liberal terrorist.

mikem317
05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
There was NO plan to kill police officers.
If there was any evidence it would have been presented this last week.

There was NO plan to overthrow the United States.
They had intention to resist the NWO. To repel attack.
If any evidence existed it would have been presented. There is none.

Precisely.

And talking about "seditious" activity is still protected under the First Amendment unless it's considered "imminent". That's why books like Unintended Consequences and The Turner Diaries are allowed to print, and the Hutaree are getting released on bail.

phill4paul
05-04-2010, 07:37 PM
U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said the government's request for a stay was "woefully inadequate," but said that given the public interest in her decision Monday to grant bond to the defendants, a temporary delay was justified.

WTF does "public interest" have to do with law. If the "public" said execute them tomorrow then would the courts carry it out?
There is LAW. THAT is what defines this country. Hearsay about turning people into newts and burning them at the stake was SUPPOSED to be a think of the past.
Honestly, WTF?

phill4paul
05-04-2010, 07:39 PM
As much as I am happy with their release I am also disturbed by the conditions of their release.
I am afraid I would have to decline if I was in their place.

I would find the conditions of release unacceptable.
:(

I am of the same mind.