PDA

View Full Version : James Dobson: Senior Members of the GOP lied to me

itshappening
05-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Surprise! But nice to get this confirmed, it will sure anger conservative activists against the GOP establishment

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100503005889&newsLang=en

-
BOWLING GREEN, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dr. James Dobson has changed his endorsement in the Republican primary for United States Senate in Kentucky. Below is the text of Dr. James Dobson's endorsement of Dr. Rand Paul in the race for U.S. Senate.

Dr. James Dobson: "Have you ever made an embarrassing mistake? I did just that last week. I was given misleading information about the candidacy of Dr. Rand Paul, who is running in the Republican Primary for the U.S. Senate. Senior members of the GOP told me Dr. Paul is pro-choice and that he opposes many conservative perspectives, so I endorsed his opponent.

“But now I've received further information from OB/GYN's in Kentucky whom I trust, and from interviewing the candidate himself.

“I now know that he is avidly pro life. He believes that life begins at conception.

“He opposes earmarking and supports Israel. He identifies with the Tea Party movement and believes in home schooling. Sounds like my kind of man.

“If I lived in Kentucky, I would vote for Dr. Rand Paul. Would you consider sending him to the U.S. Senate to shake things up in Washington?"

Dr. Paul adds, "I thank Dr. Dobson for his support and for his thorough investigation of the views of the candidates in this race. I believe his message and his explanation for his new endorsement says it all.“

dean.engelhardt
05-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Supports Isreal?

Hopefully this endorsement helps Rand to get a few more votes, but its feels a little sleezy. I guess thats the game of politics.

itshappening
05-03-2010, 06:59 AM
the story here is Dobson being lied to. GOP establishment up to same old tricks

sofia
05-03-2010, 07:00 AM
US is going down the toilet, and this fool is worried about "supporting Israel"...a terrorist nation that attacked the USS Liberty and did 9/11

Malachi
05-03-2010, 07:14 AM
YouTube - James Dobson Press Release (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFIVMFns5o)

MikeStanart
05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
US is going down the toilet, and this fool is worried about "supporting Israel"...a terrorist nation that attacked the USS Liberty and did 9/11

Ah! chill out man.

I don't agree with Dobson's view either (or yours for that matter :-) ); but as far as providing votes; this endorsement will help.

Mainly because a "switch" will draw much more attention than simply a non-publicized endorsement.

Fozz
05-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Trey Grayson is a despicable liar.

I think Mitch McConnell would be stupid to endorse Grayson at this time.

TruthisTreason
05-03-2010, 07:47 AM

More should be made out of the fact that Grayson is using lies to politicize abortion as a wedge issue. Looks like he is experiencing a little blowback.

specsaregood
05-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Mainly because a "switch" will draw much more attention than simply a non-publicized endorsement.

Esp since Rand has previously called Trey out for lying, now he has a big conservative leader backing up those claims. Trey's campaign just lost a huge amount of credibility. Its gonna make any subsequent attacks less damaging. If he isn't careful, he is gonna kill off any future in politics....

Fozz
05-03-2010, 07:49 AM
More should be made out of the fact that Grayson is using lies to politicize abortion as a wedge issue. Looks like he is experiencing a little blowback.

I like how Dobson called his endorsement of Grayson an embarrassing mistake.

tjeffersonsghost
05-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Supports Israel? Why is it always about Israel? I guess in today's America if you don't support Israel you aren't gonna get elected...

Baptist
05-03-2010, 09:03 AM
the story here is Dobson being lied to. GOP establishment up to same old tricks

Yeah, I'd love to know the names of who told him.

Peace&Freedom
05-03-2010, 10:13 AM
When you're thought to be in somebody's hip pocket, expect to get squished. The GOP leaders thought they had the Dobsons of the party so sewn up that they could flatly lie to them about the liberty candidates' views. Dobson has squeezed out of their pocket long enough in this case to cry foul. If other evangelicals likewise snapped themselves out of the spell of the Neocon Bible Commentary to stop deifying the Israeli government, we would really be getting somewhere.

fj45lvr
05-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Supports Israel? Why is it always about Israel? I guess in today's America if you don't support Israel you aren't gonna get elected...

Because the GOP has a huge block of voters from churches (and a large block of the Church are "christian zionists" due to what has evolved as to the popular "doctrine" of today).

Matt Collins
05-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I'd love to know the names of who told him.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Grey%20Trayson/TreyGrayson-Liar.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Grey%20Trayson/TwoFaceTreyGrayson.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Grey%20Trayson/GraysonMcConnellClarkCo.jpg

ctiger2
05-03-2010, 10:36 AM

It's about Israel because Israel controls the US foreign policy and there's Zionists scattered throughout our .Gov who are looking out for Israels best interests first over the US.

I'd love to see Rand get elected and then endorse someone against Mitch McConnel and support Demint over McConnel as the min leader.

TC95
05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Let's Digg it up!

h ttp://digg.com/politics/Dr_James_Dobson_Endorses_Rand_Paul_for_Senate

tpreitzel
05-03-2010, 07:28 PM
As much as I dislike Mr. Dobson's generally uncritical support of Israel, at least he finally admits that he was duped. Admitting a mistake, James, is a good start on the road to recovery. ;)

Vessol
05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Glad to see he's willing to do some research on his own, but that's about it.

James Dobson is still a NeoCon Religious Fundamentalist to the core.

speciallyblend
05-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Glad to see he's willing to do some research on his own, but that's about it.

James Dobson is still a NeoCon Religious Fundamentalist to the core.

gonna take alot more brownie points before i trust james dobson! I kinda feel the same way on the failed gop leadership!! they better start making alot of brownies;) and no im not talking special brownies. they have alot of azz kissing to do to win back trust!!

Liberty Candidates 2012, Ron Paul 2012!!!!!!! Pledge and Spread www.theronpaulteaparty.com

BlackTerrel
05-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow this is pretty huge.

I wish Dobson would release who said what.

Matt Collins
05-04-2010, 02:17 PM
YouTube - RandPaul My Kind of Man HiREZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00hfJ2980IA&feature=player_embedded)

GunnyFreedom
05-04-2010, 02:26 PM

Ask, and ye shall receive:

YouTube - Support (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4k-E0nZ1kk)

:D

ItsTime
05-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Ask, and ye shall receive:

YouTube - Support (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4k-E0nZ1kk)

:D

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0608/backwardgImage1.jpg

BlackTerrel
05-04-2010, 02:42 PM
YouTube - Rand Paul -- My Kind of Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00hfJ2980IA&feature=player_embedded)

Wow. That is a hell of an ad :)

sunghoko
05-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I was pretty discouraged when Dobson first endorsed Grayson but I'm glad that he spoke with Rand personally.

It's kind of scary though that he would endorse without knowing for sure a candidate's position on major issues.

Matt Collins
05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
It's kind of scary though that he would endorse without knowing for sure a candidate's position on major issues.It's called blind trust in the Republican Party :(.

Fortunately though I think that trust is quickly being eroded! :D\:)

specsaregood
05-05-2010, 11:47 AM
It's called blind trust in the Republican Party :(.

Fortunately though I think that trust is quickly being eroded! :D\:)

I got the impression by that ad he cut and the reversal of endorsement that he was personally insulted by being lied to like that. Like Rand showed he has felt about those lies in the last debate. And it makes sense, if you are truly pro-life because you think an abortion is murder, then having somebody say you are pro-choice is the equivalent of saying you approve of murder or other violent crimes and that is insulting, not just politics.

It sounds to me that the people that lied to Dobson exposed themselves as people that use pro-life as a campaign-tactic/plank and not because they are truly opposed to abortion.

BlackTerrel
05-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I got the impression by that ad he cut and the reversal of endorsement that he was personally insulted by being lied to like that. Like Rand showed he has felt about those lies in the last debate. And it makes sense, if you are truly pro-life because you think an abortion is murder, then having somebody say you are pro-choice is the equivalent of saying you approve of murder or other violent crimes and that is insulting, not just politics.

It sounds to me that the people that lied to Dobson exposed themselves as people that use pro-life as a campaign-tactic/plank and not because they are truly opposed to abortion.

Honestly this has to be pretty huge. I think this reversal is much more powerful than a straight up endorsement because of what it represents.

GunnyFreedom
05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Honestly this has to be pretty huge. I think this reversal is much more powerful than a straight up endorsement because of what it represents.

Wholehearted agreement +1