PDA

View Full Version : Dr. James Dobson Endorses Rand Paul for Senate [Switches from Trey!]

MRoCkEd
05-03-2010, 06:12 AM
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100503005889&newsLang=en

Dr. James Dobson Endorses Rand Paul for Senate

Pro Family Leader Rethinks Previous Endorsement That Was Based on "Misleading Information"

BOWLING GREEN, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dr. James Dobson has changed his endorsement in the Republican primary for United States Senate in Kentucky. Below is the text of Dr. James Dobson's endorsement of Dr. Rand Paul in the race for U.S. Senate.

Dr. James Dobson: "Have you ever made an embarrassing mistake? I did just that last week. I was given misleading information about the candidacy of Dr. Rand Paul, who is running in the Republican Primary for the U.S. Senate. Senior members of the GOP told me Dr. Paul is pro-choice and that he opposes many conservative perspectives, so I endorsed his opponent.

“But now I've received further information from OB/GYN's in Kentucky whom I trust, and from interviewing the candidate himself.

“I now know that he is avidly pro life. He believes that life begins at conception.

“He opposes earmarking and supports Israel. He identifies with the Tea Party movement and believes in home schooling. Sounds like my kind of man.

“If I lived in Kentucky, I would vote for Dr. Rand Paul. Would you consider sending him to the U.S. Senate to shake things up in Washington?"

Dr. Paul adds, "I thank Dr. Dobson for his support and for his thorough investigation of the views of the candidates in this race. I believe his message and his explanation for his new endorsement says it all.“

To listen to the audio, please click here (http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.randpaul2010.com%2Fvideo%2FDr _Dobson_Rand_Paul.mp3&esheet=6273613&lan=en_US&anchor=here&index=1&md5=4805fcb66295be438ea2cddd10da43b8).

This message will run on statewide radio throughout the coming week.

Cowlesy
05-03-2010, 06:15 AM
"Senior members of the GOP...."

WOW.

itshappening
05-03-2010, 06:17 AM
so senior members of the GOP are flat out lying about Rand and will do anything to stop him from getting to the senate.

why doesn't this surprise me and yet Sen. Cornyn said they would stay out of it

obijuan
05-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Wow. To not only switch endorsements, but to call out senior party members in doing so...

Dr. Dobson, that's quite a principled stand. This endorsement will not only play well with the FotF crowd, it strengthens the "Rand vs. the Machine" message.

Huge credit goes to David for working on this. Reaching out to Dobson and not taking stuff lying down was obviously the right call.

Much bigger than Hal Rogers!

FSP-Rebel
05-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Wow, gotta give Dobson credit for breaking ranks with the leaders on this one. I have renewed respect for him.

brenden.b
05-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Wow, I have to give to Dobson. Grayson was trying to pound Rand for being pro-choice, but the switch of this endorsement should further de-legitimize Grayson's campaign.

micahnelson
05-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Rand might get elected because he can play ball. Playing ball makes gets you a little dirty some times, but it gets you in office. Ron doesn't play ball, but doesn't get elected. It gets him support and attention nationwide, but no ticket to the dance.

Not a criticism or anything- just an observation. I'm sure Rand would be 100 times better than anything else we could get in that seat.

BamaFanNKy
05-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Anyone wonder how long Trey will keep up the endorsement story? It's still up as we speak.

samforpaul
05-03-2010, 06:42 AM
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100503005889&newsLang=en

Link didn't work on the audio for me.

rprprs
05-03-2010, 06:42 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm139/rprprs/endorsement.jpg

thomas-in-ky
05-03-2010, 06:49 AM
<pinching self>

WOW. Just this Saturday I had to weather questions about the Dobson endorsement. This is sweet. Now I can go back to those folks with this.

Malachi
05-03-2010, 06:52 AM
YouTube - James Dobson Press Release (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFIVMFns5o)

UtahApocalypse
05-03-2010, 06:56 AM
will the news report this, and word for word. The public should get to see behind the thin veil that is the GOP hierarchy and learn of their lies and deceptions.

itshappening
05-03-2010, 06:58 AM
will the news report this, and word for word. The public should get to see behind the thin veil that is the GOP hierarchy and learn of their lies and deceptions.

the bloggers will be all over this when they see it IMHO it should get attention and revulsion

MikeStanart
05-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Hahaha WOwwwww.

I gave up any respect I had to Dobson because I felt he was merely a tool of the GOP establishment. And then he switched to Rand.

Now I feel a little guilty for misjudging him.

I'm assuming Trey snaked his way into that endorsement, saying whatever Dobson wanted to hear. And then Dobson came across the truth.

BamaFanNKy
05-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Having James Dobson endorse you doesn't mean much to me. Having him switch his endorsement to you means more.

Malachi
05-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Trey and company are working frantically to remove James Dobson from their website as we speak.

BamaFanNKy
05-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Trey and company are working frantically to remove James Dobson from their website as we speak.

Just got it down.

klamath
05-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Dobson was the one Christian leader I had some respect for and was quite disapointed when he endorsed Grayson but now my respect just went back up. A little phone call from Mitch spreading lies about Paul?

sailingaway
05-03-2010, 07:56 AM
"Senior members of the GOP...."

WOW.

I agree with 'wow'.

That is the best part of the endorsement.

And how can Trey say it doesn't matter when he said it was so wonderful when HE got it?

MikeStanart
05-03-2010, 08:01 AM
I agree with 'wow'.

That is the best part of the endorsement.

And how can Trey say it doesn't matter when he said it was so wonderful when HE got it?

Right. And think of all the supporters of Trey who solidified their support with him based solely on this endorsement.

They will be very, very conflicted!

Slutter McGee
05-03-2010, 08:09 AM
And to all those who are going to start bitching about Rand supporting Israel....you can support Israel without wanting all of your tax dollars going there.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

sailingaway
05-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Right. And think of all the supporters of Trey who solidified their support with him based solely on this endorsement.

They will be very, very conflicted!

I wish this had happened before the Rasmussen and PPP polling done this last weekend....

MikeStanart
05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
And to all those who are going to start bitching about Rand supporting Israel....you can support Israel without wanting all of your tax dollars going there.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Yeah, I think some people are getting off track with Dobson's statement of Rand supporting Israel.

Even Rand's father wants to see Israel survive as a nation; but it's simply a matter of not funding them, OR anyone out of principle.

Just because Dobson says Rand supports Israel, the grassroots shouldn't begin to solidify Rand's foreign policy views based soley on some other person's opinion.

ladyjade3
05-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Rand might get elected because he can play ball. Playing ball makes gets you a little dirty some times, but it gets you in office. Ron doesn't play ball, but doesn't get elected. It gets him support and attention nationwide, but no ticket to the dance.

Not a criticism or anything- just an observation. I'm sure Rand would be 100 times better than anything else we could get in that seat.

Ron doesn't get elected? Excuse me? Might I remind you that he is ALREADY IN CONGRESS and has been elected and re-elected many times over by huge margins?

*miffed*

specsaregood
05-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Even Rand's father wants to see Israel survive as a nation; but it's simply a matter of not funding them, OR anyone out of principle.

Rand and Ron have the most pro-israel foreign policy of all. They want to treat israel like a grown up. Everybody else seems to want to treat them either like a spoiled child or a petulant brat.

Jeremy
05-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I was pretty mad at Dobson and FotF, but it takes some guts to admit you were wrong.

Jeremy
05-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Ron doesn't get elected? Excuse me? Might I remind you that he is ALREADY IN CONGRESS and has been elected and re-elected many times over by huge margins?

*miffed*

lol owned

RonPaulFanInGA
05-03-2010, 10:02 AM

*miffed*

I think he means Ron Paul couldn't win a statewide race. He ran for Senate, like Rand now, back in 1984 and got 17% of the primary vote.

dannno
05-03-2010, 10:05 AM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Rand has made his position on Israel crystal clear and I support it ;) :cool:

Stop funding their enemies and don't condemn Israel for defending herself I think were the main talking points.

DeadheadForPaul
05-03-2010, 10:13 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is 90000 times better than I imagined!!!!!

WELL PLAYED DAVID/RAND...WELL PLAYED.

Also shows us that the GOP is clearly working against us. That's probably how Trey locked up the Right to Life endorsement

Matt Collins
05-03-2010, 10:14 AM

*miffed*
Uh-OH!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Pregnant woman is miffed!

Time to take cover!!!

*runs for the hills*

;):p:cool::D

DeadheadForPaul
05-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Also, BIG respect for Dr. Dobson now.

I listen to Dobson's AFA radio in the mornings and completely stopped when the Treyson endorsement occurred. I was SO peeved. Glad to see it was all a big mistake

I've never put him in the same category as the uglier side of the Christian Right like Falwell and Robertson, and it shows that he is honest and has major cajones

To not only admit he was wrong on a national platform, but also to call out the GOP higher-ups is BIG. It shows he is a genuine man, and I think we can all agree on that - even if you don't agree with all of his social or political views

low preference guy
05-03-2010, 10:20 AM

*miffed*

Good post. I was too lazy to explain it, but I'm glad you did.

Matt Collins
05-03-2010, 10:22 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Grey%20Trayson/TreyGrayson-Liar.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Grey%20Trayson/4354569391_ed2d361039_b.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Grey%20Trayson/TwoFaceTreyGrayson.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Grey%20Trayson/crybaby.jpg

RM918
05-03-2010, 10:30 AM
This is great and all, but what kind of idiot makes an endorsement without actually researching the race himself and instead just relying on what people told him?

No1ButPaul08
05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
This is better than getting the endorsement the first time. Big props to Dobson for admitting he was wrong and bigger props for calling out the GOP

DeadheadForPaul
05-03-2010, 10:42 AM
This is great and all, but what kind of idiot makes an endorsement without actually researching the race himself and instead just relying on what people told him?

A lot of big name political, social, and religious leaders have advisers.

I'm guessing that some GOP high-ups had "ins" with a trusted adviser of his. Either the advisers lied or the GOP high-up lied...or both.

I'm willing to bet he's pretty mad at whoever told him the lie about Rand.

Someone probably got fired/excommunicated over it because that's a straight up lie and publicly embarrassed Mr. Dobson.

I'm glad he was willing to admit his mistake publicly in order to set the record straight

DeadheadForPaul
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
This is better than getting the endorsement the first time. Big props to Dobson for admitting he was wrong and bigger props for calling out the GOP

+1

ljwestmcsd
05-03-2010, 10:47 AM

Unfortunately, a lot of people vote solely based on who Kentucky Right-to-Life endorses, especially those like Dr. Dobson who don't have a lot of free time to research things.
This reversal will go a long way towards reducing the effect of the KRLA endorsement, since a lot of them listen to Dr. Dobson (although he is not on the radio much anymore).

I only wish Dr. Dobson had named names regarding those senior party leaders who misleaded him.

I wonder if the Guiliani endorsement of Grayson got him thinking he might be wrong. It would me.

obijuan
05-03-2010, 10:50 AM

A guy who until recently had no reason to believe the GOP was not telling him the truth. Maybe he's culpable for that, maybe not...I don't know. But I really doubt the establishment will be able to count on Dr. Dobson for endorsements anymore. Maybe he'll endorse more liberty candidates? There's no telling.

The point is that one of the more influential social conservatives in the country endorsed Rand after the grassroots (the OB/GYNs he mentioned) and the candidate himself got in contact. To admit a mistake shows principle, if not the best initial judgment. If we get the Focus on the Family listeners to start questioning the GOP establishment...who knows what can happen nationwide?

Ninja Homer
05-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Wow, this played out better than if he got the endorsement right in the first place.

PermanentSleep
05-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Oh dear, I suppose M o mmy is going to have to have an endorsement from God himself before she believes that Rand is pro-life.

This is HUGE. I'm shocked, but filled with the greatest respect for him in calling out the power players. It would seem that principle is starting to catch on, finally.

sailingaway
05-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Oh dear, I suppose M o mmy is going to have to have an endorsement from God himself before she believes that Rand is pro-life.

This is HUGE. I'm shocked, but filled with the greatest respect for him in calling out the power players. It would seem that principle is starting to catch on, finally.

I think she clearly has some hidden agenda as to why she hates Rand. Each time her 'reasons' are debunked she flies neatly to an alternate 'but this is the real issue!!!' issue.

Agorism
05-03-2010, 07:11 PM
nice!

DeadheadForPaul
05-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I think she clearly has some hidden agenda as to why she hates Rand. Each time her 'reasons' are debunked she flies neatly to an alternate 'but this is the real issue!!!' issue.

At this point, I gotta conclude one of the following:
1.) She's angry b/c she's got the hots for Rand but knows that it will never happen
2.) A Rand supporter let out a really nasty fart near her at an event and then blamed it on her

Jeros
05-03-2010, 07:44 PM
At this point, I gotta conclude one of the following:
1.) She's angry b/c she's got the hots for Rand but knows that it will never happen
2.) A Rand supporter let out a really nasty fart near her at an event and then blamed it on her

I guess #2, but would be surprised by either.

Inflation
05-04-2010, 10:13 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm139/rprprs/endorsement.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4569245837_f68888de58_o.gif

Poor TrAIG GrAIGson is having about as good of a week as Gordon Brown.

Matt Collins
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
"Lying to James Dobson is the American protestant equivalent of lying to the Pope. McConnell needs to be rebuked for that." --- http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/05/04/it-was-mitch-mcconnell/

Matt Collins
05-04-2010, 02:20 PM
YouTube - RandPaul My Kind of Man HiREZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00hfJ2980IA&feature=player_embedded)

georgiaboy
05-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Xn Bump.

Dr. Dobson, I've respected you for many years, and am so proud of your principled re-consideration of Dr. Rand Paul and your mention of the disinformation provided you by the GOP Leadership that I trusted so many times, as it seems you have as well, but have recently determined, sadly, is more politically than principle-motivated. God bless you.