PDA

View Full Version : What the MSM won’t tell you : the rancher killed in Arizona by a cartel assassin

lynnf
05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
http://farmwars.info/?p=2858&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:%20FarmWars%20(Farm%20Wars)

As you know, one of our local ranchers, Bob Krentz, an R-CALF member, was murdered in Douglas, AZ, two weeks ago. His funeral is tomorrow. I received three messages from different officers within the Rangers and law enforcement. Yesterday afternoon I talked to another rancher near us who is a friend of ours and whose great grandfather started their ranch here in 1880. These are good people. He told me what really happened out at the Krentz ranch and what you won’t read in the papers. The Border Patrol is afraid of starting a small war between civilians here and the drug cartels in Mexico .

Bob Krentz was checking his water like he does every evening and came upon an illegal lying on the ground telling him he was sick. Bob called the Border Patrol and asked for a medical helicopter evac. As he turned to go back to his ATV he was shot in the side. The round came from down and angled up so they know the shooter was on the ground. Bob’s firearm was in the ATV so he had no chance. Wounded he called the Cochise County Sheriff and asked for help. Bleeding in the lungs he called his brother but the line was bad so he called his wife but again the line was bad.

Several ranchers heard the radio call and drove to his location. Bob was dead by this time. The ranchers tracked the shooter 8 miles back towards Mexico and cornered him in a brushy draw. This was all at night. The Sheriff and Border Patrol arrived and told them not to go down and engage the murderer. They went around to the back side and if you can believe it the assassin managed to get by a BP helicopter and a Sheriffs posse and back to Mexico ; So much for professional help when you need it.

One week before the murder Bob and his brother Phil (who I shoot with) hauled a huge quantity of drugs off the ranch that they found in trucks. One week before that a rancher near Naco did the same thing. Two nights’ later gangs broke into his ranch house and beat him and his wife and told them that if they touched any drugs they found they would come back and kill them. The ranchers here deal with cut fences and haul drug deliveries off their ranches all the time. What ranchers think is that the drug cartels beat the one rancher and shot Bob because they wanted to send a message. Bob always gave food and water to illegals and so they think they sent the assassin to pose as an illegal who was hungry and thirsty knowing it would catch Bob off guard.

What is going on down here is NOT being reported. You need to tell people how bad it is along the border. Texas is worse. Near El Paso it is nearly in a state of war. 5000 people were killed in Ciudad Juarez last year and it is over 2000 so far this year. Gun sales down here are through the roof and I get emails from people wanting firearms training.

Our president does not want to mention illegal immigration, which is a sour place to him personally. These invaders of the USA do not seem to catch his radar.

Something has to be done but I don’t hold out much hope. These gangs have groups in almost every city in the US . This is serious business. The Barrio Azteca and their sub gangs are like Mexican Corporations and organized extremely well. If this doesn’t get dealt with down here you guys will deal with it on your streets further north.

michaelwise
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Why does our federal government hate American citizens so much?

WaltM
05-02-2010, 11:01 PM
the media doesnt report 'normal everyday events', duh

Icymudpuppy
05-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Is it time for the minutemen to live up to their name?

Does Arizona have a militia group?

I believe there is a constitutional precedent here. If the cartels want a war, this is what state militias are for.

therepublic
05-03-2010, 08:41 AM
La Raza is asking for a boycott of Arizona.

I say illegal is not a race, it is an action. Arizona has been victimized enough by kidnappings, shootings and other violence. They do not need to be further victimized by a boycott. Instead support Arizona, and let them know it.

Krugerrand
05-03-2010, 09:02 AM
AZ should legalize drugs. Pass a 10th Amendment law like states are doing with firearms. Any drug manufactured and digested within the state of AZ is not under the jurisdiction of the FDA.

Problem solved.

MelissaWV
05-03-2010, 09:08 AM
AZ should legalize drugs. Pass a 10th Amendment law like states are doing with firearms. Any drug manufactured and digested within the state of AZ is not under the jurisdiction of the FDA.

Problem solved.

Then the border wars will be, instead, with neighboring states, and there will still be an illegal immigrant problem.

Krugerrand
05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Then the border wars will be, instead, with neighboring states, and there will still be an illegal immigrant problem.

If as many states would shut out the FDA and the war on drugs in the same way they are shutting out the Federal Government on firearms, the drug war would come crashing down. It would become absolutely unenforceable.

The illegal immigrant problem would become separated from the drug war - which is currently a dangerous combination.

Pericles
05-03-2010, 09:44 AM
May I ask how the conclusion was reached that decriminalizing will stop the violence?

Undoubtedly lower the price on the US side of the border, but make the value of having a monopoly on supply even more desirable.

Krugerrand
05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
May I ask how the conclusion was reached that decriminalizing will stop the violence?

Undoubtedly lower the price on the US side of the border, but make the value of having a monopoly on supply even more desirable.
National experience with alcohol is a fair comparison on which to reach a conclusion that decriminalization can stop the violence.

I don't see how a monopoly on supply could exist at that point.

FSP-Rebel
05-03-2010, 09:49 AM
The standard nullification crowd won't apply the 10th amend to the drug issue. They are too cozy with the police and military to go that route.

Pericles
05-03-2010, 10:20 AM
National experience with alcohol is a fair comparison on which to reach a conclusion that decriminalization can stop the violence.

I don't see how a monopoly on supply could exist at that point.

Aren't you assuming that production could take place in the US? That would take a change of federal law.

Krugerrand
05-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Aren't you assuming that production could take place in the US? That would take a change of federal law.

That's my point. If a state nullifies the federal law by saying it's okay provided that you keep it in the state, then the federal government has no legs to stand on to prohibit it.

speciallyblend
05-03-2010, 10:25 AM

alcohol prohibition would be a good model to show that prohibition is what leads to criminal activity and violence!!

speciallyblend
05-03-2010, 10:27 AM
The standard nullification crowd won't apply the 10th amend to the drug issue. They are too cozy with the police and military to go that route.

then the nullification crowd in colorado will lose!! once the failed cogop and gop realize that ending prohibition solves many of the problems that prohibition created!! They might start winning again!!

Pericles
05-03-2010, 10:31 AM
That's my point. If a state nullifies the federal law by saying it's okay provided that you keep it in the state, then the federal government has no legs to stand on to prohibit it.

I'm suggesting that only changes the nature of the problem - not eliminate it.

Existing gangs and cartels have their turf, and we are witnessing a turf battle. Legalization can increase the number of suppliers, but it won't assure that those suppliers can get in on the action, unless those existing suppliers can be forced to compete without using violence to stifle competition.

You end up using the legal system to protect the "good" dealers.

Krugerrand
05-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm suggesting that only changes the nature of the problem - not eliminate it.

Existing gangs and cartels have their turf, and we are witnessing a turf battle. Legalization can increase the number of suppliers, but it won't assure that those suppliers can get in on the action, unless those existing suppliers can be forced to compete without using violence to stifle competition.

You end up using the legal system to protect the "good" dealers.

They're going to have a tough time maintaining their turf when the products they sell are on the shelf in WalMart, Target, KMart as well as every gas station and convenience store in the state.

More likely: they'll try and stake out a turf in some other state.