PDA

View Full Version : Scheuer on the Times Square car-bomb

Cowlesy
05-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Michael Scheuer gets down to the root issues.

http://non-intervention.com/280/america-again-defeated-in-new-york-a-portent-of-the-future/

I'll only post a part of it here, you can read the rest at the link.

Almost before the car bomb in Times Square was defused, the city’s mayor, its police commissioner, and sundry politicians were heaping praise on the New York Police Department (NYPD) for “stopping” the attack. This spin will quickly take hold and become accepted as truth. It is not.

Saturday night’s events in Times Square are another defeat for the United States. While all our thanks must go to the NYPD officers who defused the car bomb, the idea that the police stopped the attack is a lie. The credit for that goes to a T-shirt salesman who reported smoke coming from the car bomb and to the would-be attackers amateur bomb-making. The hard truth is the NYPD was completely and utterly defeated. The Department did not know the attack was coming and would not have stopped it if not for the smoke and the T-shirt seller.

----

Americans will not hear this explanation for our Islamist foes’ motivation on TV this Sunday or any Sunday; indeed, they will hear it described as an isolationist, anti-Semitic, and anti-U.S. view. That description will be a media-supported political tool intended to prevent Americans from asking questions politicians are rightfully terrified of answering. As a result, the NYPD and the country’s other police departments will keep working themselves to death trying to protect Americans, and all the while U.S. political leaders in both parties will press ahead with the interventionist policies that will insure all police departments fail. At day’s end, Washington’s interventionism is creating numbers of Islamist militants bent on waging jihad that will in time overwhelm the police departments’ manpower and capabilities.

torchbearer
05-02-2010, 09:52 AM
yup. we will never hear that on the news. boys in blue saved us all thanks to big government programs. that will be the talking heads mantra.

lester1/2jr
05-02-2010, 09:54 AM
we can maintain our empire around the world because terrorists will never be able to have a succesful bomb because their evil prevents this from happening. and anyway, we have a foolproof system with observant citizenry and brave police sniffing out all potential bombs

Golding
05-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Goes both ways, I guess. Good on the vendor to notice the smoke and make a point of it. Did anyone else in the area know how to diffuse a bomb? Seems drawish, if anything. Could have been better by catching it early, but it also could have been a whole lot worse. I can give at least a little credit, here.

torchbearer
05-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Goes both ways, I guess. Good on the vendor to notice the smoke and make a point of it. Did anyone else in the area know how to diffuse a bomb? Seems drawish, if anything. Could have been better by catching it early, but it also could have been a whole lot worse. I can give at least a little credit, here.

what they won't tell you is if the bomb was even made correctly to begin with.
if it was smoking, then the detonation didn't work correctly.

Cowlesy
05-02-2010, 10:16 AM
if it was smoking, then the detonation didn't work correctly.

Yeah these guys are not always the sharpest tools in the shed.

lester1/2jr
05-02-2010, 11:06 AM
the 93 bombers actually attempted to return the van for the lke 40 dollar deposit which led to them being caught. so yeah, not the sharpest out there

Golding
05-02-2010, 11:19 AM
if it was smoking, then the detonation didn't work correctly.A reasonable point, I suppose. Not too savvy on the functionality of bombs, of course.