PDA

View Full Version : DailyMail: Hunt for 'Jason Bourne' who kept cache overlooking Federal Reserve bank

Cowlesy
05-01-2010, 08:14 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1270282/Hunt-Jason-Bourne-kept-arms-cache-penthouse-overlooking-U-S-federal-bank.html

Police are hunting a man who fled his high-rise Los Angeles penthouse 'Jason Bourne style' leaving weapons, counterfeiting equipment and passports in multiple names.

Brian Alexik slipped out of the window and climbed down the fire escape after refusing to let in officers.

A neighbour had knocked on the door after smelling suspicious fumes but Alexik refused to open up, even when firefighters and then police arrived.
Officers broke down the door just as the 33-year-old fled shouldering several duffel bags.

'He escaped like Jason Bourne,' said Deputy Chief Mike Downing of the LAPD Counter-terrorism Bureau, referring to the character played by Matt Damon in the hit film franchise based on the espionage thrillers by Robert Ludlum.

Police searched the apartment after Alexik vanished 11 days ago, uncovering a cache of weapons including an AK-47 assault rifle.

They also found sophisticated counterfeiting equipment and $15,000 in extremely accurate fake $100 banknotes.

Several different identifications, including passports, listed different aliases for him.
Work of fiction: Matt Damon stars as Jason Bourne in the Bourne Ultimatum

Work of fiction: Matt Damon stars as Jason Bourne in the Bourne Identity

Photographs show Alexik with significantly different looks - clean-shaven in one, but heavier and bearded in another.

But what really piqued the interest of detectives was a camera tripod and the fact that the penthouse balcony had a perfect view of the building that houses the city's Federal Reserve - the U.S. equivalent of the Bank of England.

Alexik, from New Jersey, kept to himself in the penthouse and paid his $3,400 (£2,200) monthly rent in advance with wads of cash.

Police are now working with the U.S. Secret Service to uncover what Alexik was doing with all this equipment and counterfeit money, and whether the Federal Reserve featured in his schemes.

'The curiosity in this case is the strategic location in which he chose to operate,' Mr Downing said.

Los Angeles police searched several locations in the centre of the city and on Thursday announced the arrest of Gregory Koller, 32, an 'associate' of Alexik, on suspicion of narcotics possession.

Officers said 'items consistent with manufacturing weapons' had been found in a search of Koller's home and a warehouse.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1270282/Hunt-Jason-Bourne-kept-arms-cache-penthouse-overlooking-U-S-federal-bank.html#ixzz0mjacOekB

Danno most know the answer. What's happening here?

Jeremy
05-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Los Angeles police searched several locations in the centre of the city and on Thursday announced the arrest of Gregory Koller, 32, an 'associate' of Alexik, on suspicion of narcotics possession.

Hm, I wonder why they happened to arrest his friend. :rolleyes:

dr. hfn
05-01-2010, 09:35 PM
is this guy one of us?

Baptist
05-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Danno most know the answer. What's happening here?

Probably MI6/CIA getting ready to stage attacks on Federal Reserve buildings so that they can blame the End da Fed and Tea Party crowd. We will know this to be 100% true if on the day of the attacks the government carries out drills aimed at stopping End da Feders from attacking government buildings.

phill4paul
05-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Hollywood writes the script.

pcosmar
05-01-2010, 09:55 PM
is this guy one of us?

Depends
It would require a definition of "us". And it would require an understanding of his purpose.

It is an interesting story though.
:cool:

Lord Xar
05-01-2010, 10:14 PM
One of you suggest "one of us", another suggests a false flag by govt.

I was curious about this story as well. Printed money, guns, overlooking the Fed... seems odd, and strange. Why the printed money? Overlooking the building with Guns, perhaps can make sense - but the printed money? Would that be "part of spectable" somehow.

I'd like to hear others feelings/explainations...

Reason
05-01-2010, 10:22 PM
in other news...

YouTube - Times Square Closed For Emergency Investigation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c37nn0sz39A)

crushingstep7
05-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, I have no clue. I know an AK is not the choice for long range shooting, though.
Sounds like a talented nut-case with no purpose, to me.

Jeremy
05-01-2010, 11:32 PM
One of you suggest "one of us", another suggests a false flag by govt.

I was curious about this story as well. Printed money, guns, overlooking the Fed... seems odd, and strange. Why the printed money? Overlooking the building with Guns, perhaps can make sense - but the printed money? Would that be "part of spectable" somehow.

I'd like to hear others feelings/explainations...

Maybe he is the real source of inflation and the Fed has tried its best to keep a stable dollar. lol

fj45lvr
05-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Maybe he is the real source of inflation and the Fed has tried its best to keep a stable dollar. lol

haha good one.

funny how this "small time crook" is searched for while the BIG TIME CROOKS are still there below his apartment balcony...

Is that "ironic" .....who is the major "counterfeiter" and crook anyhow :mad:

tremendoustie
05-02-2010, 04:15 AM
Well, I wouldn't consider anyone inclined to use violence "one of us". But then, who knows what the truth is.

fj45lvr
05-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Well, I wouldn't consider anyone inclined to use violence "one of us". But then, who knows what the truth is.

What?? where do you get the idea that this guy was "inclined to violence"???

Sounds more like he was "prepared for violence" to me.....exactly why people need more guns not less. (unless you want to be abused of course).

FunkBuddha
05-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Perhaps he was an admirer of the FEDs counter-fitting skills.

ctiger2
05-02-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm going to guess he's Mossad gearing up for a false flag attack. Wonder what he had in the several other duffel bags he was carrying. He's obviously trained for this by the way he was able to escape.

Cowlesy
05-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm going to guess he's Mossad gearing up for a false flag attack. Wonder what he had in the several other duffel bags he was carrying. He's obviously trained for this by the way he was able to escape.

I actually had an Israeli friend take a look at the guy's picture in the article, and he says "definitely looks Israeli...or something middle-eastern."

It's been pretty radio-silence on this story. I'd like to know what's going on with the investigation.

Inflation
05-04-2010, 02:45 PM
The perp got away because he was tipped off by a Mossad asset such as AMDOCS.

"Investigators within the DEA, INS and FBI have all told Fox News that to pursue or even suggest Israeli spying ... is considered career suicide."

-- Carl Cameron, as quoted in The Spies Who Came In From The Art Sale (http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A8250)

Full quote:

"What worries some U.S. investigators is the possibility Amdocs data may be obtained by Israeli organized crime," Fox reported. "It would not be the first time. In 1997 there was a huge problem that was hushed up when FBI, Secret Service, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and Los Angeles Police Department telecommunications were 'completely compromised by Israeli organized crime,' using the very data that Amdocs tracks."

The Dec. 13 segment again linked the Israeli spy operation to Sept. 11, opening by saying that "U.S. investigators digging into the 9-11 terrorist atttacks fear that suspects may have been tipped off to what they were doing by information leaking out of Amdocs." This segment dealt with yet another Israeli high-tech company penetrated into the heart of American security. The company cited was Comverse Infosys, a subsidiary of an Israeli firm with offices all over the United States, which provides wiretapping equipment for U.S. law enforcement. Under the 1994 Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA), wiretapping was transformed. Using Comverse software, law enforcement agencies use computers and software that tap into the elaborate nationwide system of telephone switchers and routers, and grab the targetted phone conversations into computers and transmit them to investigators authorized to do the wiretaps. Comverse manages and maintains the computers and the software, giving them potential access to all of the data.

According to the Fox report, "Attorney General John Ashcroft and FBI Director Robert Mueller were both warned October 18th in a hand-delivered letter from 15 local, state, and Federal law enforcement officials, who complained that 'law enforcement's current electronic surveillance capabilities are less effective today than they were at the time CALEA was enacted.' "

What troubles investigators most, Fox reported, is that in some cases in New York, "certain suspects have altered their behavior dramatically, right after supposedly secret wire taps have begun ... and it has many gravely concerned that they were tipped in advance."

In Israel, Fox reported, Comverse works so closely with the government that the Ministry of Industry and Trade (formerly headed by Ariel Sharon) pays 50% of the firm's R&D costs. "But investigators within the DEA, INS, and FBI," Fox noted, "have all told Fox News that to pursue, or even suggest Israeli spying through Comverse is considered career suicide."

More on AMDOCS and "radio silence"

The American telephone manager's suspicions came to the attention of the CIA, the reporters said, which turned the matter over to the FBI. The Israeli worked as a subcontractor on a telephone-billing program being developed for the CIA, and was married to an Israeli woman employed in the Israeli Embassy in Washington. In a search of the husband's workplace, the FBI found "a list of the FBI's most sensitive telephone numbers, including the Bureau's 'black' lines that FBI counterintelligence used to keep track of the suspected Israel spy operation," the reporters noted. They reported also that husband-and-wife assignments are common in the Mossad.

In the course of their investigation, the journalists said, they found it impossible to get clear confirmation that the investigation was still active, but at the same time no one would confirm that it had been closed. Instead the reporters were told officially that nothing had turned up to confirm the suspicions that prompted the three-year-long investigation, and unofficially that, because the allegations and findings involved Israel, the entire subject was "radioactive," "too hot to handle," and "could not be confirmed on the record." The two journalists also suggested in their article that perhaps congressional investigators could pick up where they had left off, using the power to subpoena testimony that government officials seemed both eager and afraid to offer except under duress. But since the article appeared, no member of Congress has taken up the challenge.

A "Radioactive" Effect

In fact, the different media handling accorded the article in the U.S., European, and Israeli press is a story in itself. The U.S. media, like U.S. government officials, clearly consider Israel "radioactive." Just as an American government official knows that expressing any interest in Israel, unless it is extremely positive, is a career-breaker, U.S. editors know that in journalism it can have the same effect, and also can result in extensive, concerted loss of advertising-whether the publication's advertisers are national or local.

jclay2
05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
haha good one.

funny how this "small time crook" is searched for while the BIG TIME CROOKS are still there below his apartment balcony...

Is that "ironic" .....who is the major "counterfeiter" and crook anyhow :mad:

That is the same thing I was thinking. :D

legion
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Hahaha. He had this inlaid in his floor.

http://www.laobserved.com/assets_c/2010/05/CIAemblem-thumb-268x271-3423.jpg

Living the dream...

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2010/05/heres_that_cia_emblem_fro.php

legion
05-04-2010, 07:43 PM
One of these articles said he was running a gasoline generator in his penthouse! HAHAHAHAHA.

That's stealthy. I'm sure he was doing that to avoid electronic snooping... :rolleyes:

Perhaps he had a generator with a welder attachment and was using it in his weapons manufacturing? Maybe welding together AK-47 receivers? That's the only thing I can guess.

mikem317
05-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, I have no clue. I know an AK is not the choice for long range shooting, though.
Sounds like a talented nut-case with no purpose, to me.

I hope you don't think the AK-47 makes him a nut-case... ;)