PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Local NBC TV - BJ Lawson Debate

MRoCkEd
05-01-2010, 03:16 PM
http://www.mync.com/site/page/nc_4th_dist_debate/

wildturkey
05-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Is there not a straw poll for this? It'd be nice if they did.

Nathan Hale
05-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Excellent performance. Some notes:

1. The rules of the debate were great, limiting the number of rebuttals. It's a shame that BJ ran out first and Frank Douchebag got to add a zinger at the end of questioning.

2. BJ's answers were top notch. Whenever able to directly respond to Frank, he did so with flying colors.

3. BJ got great positioning on the stage. He was "downwind" of Frank, meaning that he got to speak AFTER Frank on 75% of the questions, and whenever he had to answer first, there was a two person buffer between his rhetoric and response rhetoric. Great positioning!

4. The order of closing statements sucked.

evilfunnystuff
05-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Great performance, and the piece at the end was good too.

BenIsForRon
05-02-2010, 12:28 AM
David Burnett, doesn't seem like he really wants this. Is he just bored or something?

wildturkey
05-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Burnett is just a timid little ole guy. I have met him, and he's like that off camera too. Actually a really nice guy. He wants well for the country, and is really libertarian leaning on a lot of things, just doesnt have the guts to "fight" for it in Washington. I think he's just a plain jane guy who got sick of watching elitist scum leeching off the middle class.

evilfunnystuff
05-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I actually kinda liked Burnett, he was talkin about a 25% budget cut across the board and wanted (at least) an audit of the federal reserve.

He just seems nervous to me. If BJ wasn't in it he would be who I want to win, though he probly wouldn't have much of a chance due to peoples superficiality.

I really like the part of the debate when BJ called out that douchbag on his "record fund-raising comment"

talkingpointes
05-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Absolutely fantastic, I watched the entire thing. BJ is a great speaker very eloquent and good at getting points across. The Roach (roche) guy just reminds me of another used car salesman mitt romneyesque douche bag.

aclove
05-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I've seen at least one other debate that Burnett was in, and he said he agrees with Ron Paul on most issues. Kind of surprising, and made me wonder why he'd stay in with BJ running as much as they agree.

BJ did a top-notch job, as usual, and it was very gratifying to see him shut Roche down on the fundraising comment.

Nathan Hale
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Burnett's problem is that he's just not assertive enough. He wouldn't make it in Washington.

Tinnuhana
05-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Maybe Burnett should be encouraged to run for state office...and maybe join Toast Masters or something to work on delivery. We need involvement at all levels.

wildturkey
05-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I would love to have burnett at the state level. I think it would fit him well. In washington, just imagine all the reporters and whoever blasting questions at him and him just mumbling away. He would get eaten alive. Maybe we should email him and tell him to run at the state level next go round.

JamesButabi
05-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Burnett seems to have the same or very similar message to BJ. I think we should reach out and support him for a different office if he agrees that this would be advantageous. If he threw his support behind BJ and vise versa that would be a wonderful alliance between like minded people.

Style
05-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I "love" how Roche says BJ's non-interventionist stance is un-American. It's un-American to not be the world's police man? It's certainly not following the typical MO of Washington, but un-American?

Apparently this country was founded on sticking our nose into everyone else's business. Good to know!

Nathan Hale
05-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Burnett seems to have the same or very similar message to BJ. I think we should reach out and support him for a different office if he agrees that this would be advantageous. If he threw his support behind BJ and vise versa that would be a wonderful alliance between like minded people.

It's too little too late at this point, but I wish that we had gotten through to him and convinced him to endorse BJ and drop out, with the promise that we would support him in a state office run.

pacelli
05-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Just voted for Lawson. Incidentally Roach's name was first on the ballot, Lawson was second.