PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul dislike "conspiracy nuts"?

Griffith
05-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Starts 3:42

YouTube - End the Fed | Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwHdSl1ASbA)

Kotin
05-01-2010, 01:33 PM
he was clearly joking..

Griffith
05-01-2010, 07:20 PM
bump

awake
05-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey Griffith, what do you think he means by it?

BuddyRey
05-01-2010, 08:41 PM
He meant it in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way, since the media is always ribbing him about being a "conspiracy theorist."

Condor Bastadon
05-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't think he's joking....he's just stating the fact that the conspiracy nuts are the ones that latched on to parts of his message first.

specsaregood
05-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Conspiracy nuts are the new mainstream. Poll the public, chances are the majority believe in at least one conspiracy theory. Just saying...

Griffith
05-02-2010, 02:55 AM
Hey Griffith, what do you think he means by it?

I think he's serious. I don't think he's joking like some others in this thread. I'm very interested to hear Ron Paul's definition of a "conspiracy nut". I mean does paying attention to things like the CFR make you a conspiracy nut? I think it probably does to most people.

I was in a discussion about Ron Paul with someone and they mentioned that one of the things that they don't like about Ron Paul is the fact that he has to cater to conspiracy nuts to get his message out. Or more accurately they thought it was sad that he had to. I was taken a back by this but after I coincidentally stumbled across this video I now think he was right.

There must be some middle ground.

"Normal" person = Trusts government, trusts media, votes for the guy they like for a variety of possible reasons. May be interested in politics but is either Neo-Con or Neo-Liberal (progressive)

Politically awake = Knows about the CFR/Fed alliance and the Establishment and takes it into consideration when discussing media, politics and economics

Conspiracy Nut = Thinks everything is a conspiracy and everything is controlled

pcosmar
05-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I don't think I have ever tried Conspiracy Nuts. What do they taste like?

Thinks everything is a conspiracy and everything is controlled
How much in Government or politics is done by a single individual acting alone?

How much in life it truly random?

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. < Matthew 10:29 >

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: < 1 Peter 5:8 >

Jeros
05-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Violinists hold a deep appreciation for naval gazers.

Todd
05-02-2010, 09:53 AM
I think he's serious. I don't think he's joking like some others in this thread. I'm very interested to hear Ron Paul's definition of a "conspiracy nut". I mean does paying attention to things like the CFR make you a conspiracy nut? I think it probably does to most people.

Then you don't understand what he meant. He was clearly suggesting that the only ones that seemed to take the Federal reserves influence seriously were the "conspiracy nut" crowd. When in fact he believes it to be true also. He's talking about those that are marginalized for believing things that the majority tend to dismiss.

Carole
05-02-2010, 11:14 AM
See "Kotin" above.

Sigh...:rolleyes:

Griffith
05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Then you don't understand what he meant. He was clearly suggesting that the only ones that seemed to take the Federal reserves influence seriously were the "conspiracy nut" crowd. When in fact he believes it to be true also. He's talking about those that are marginalized for believing things that the majority tend to dismiss.

Think so? I'm not sure. Maybe the "catering to conspiracy nuts" meme influenced my interpretation.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-02-2010, 12:33 PM
I also think it's clearly tongue-in-cheek. If Ron Paul really disliked "conspiracy nuts," then he wouldn't habitually speak on shows like Alex Jones.

Phantom
05-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I think Todd hit the nail on the head. Ron Paul would be considered a conspiracy nut by the mainstream media and many ordinary sheeple for preaching about the crooked federal reserve, income tax being unconststutional, illegal wars, the CIA being a rogue organisation and so on.

Ron Paul did not mean anything derogatory against those of us who believe 9/11 was an inside job, or that Oswald did not kill Kennedy or that the gas chambers never existed or any other conspiracy "theory" we choose to believe in. It sounded to me as if he included himself in that conspiracy nut statement.

That aside, I think Ron Paul stands a good chance of winning the Presidency if he was to announce he was running by the end of this year.

Griffith
05-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I think there's two possible explanations:

1 He's saying the only people who would listen to his ideas at first were conspiracy nuts

2 He's saying that the small group of people who listened to him at first were labeled conspiracy nuts by others

Griffith
05-03-2010, 09:03 PM
bump

SamuraisWisdom
05-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Good, I'm glad he's finally calling out that crowd. Gotta love how he calls them a "special crowd" haha!!