PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Washington state initiative 1069

MozoVote
05-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I guess somebody couldn't resist having a little fun, paying whatever filing fees are involved to submit this to the Secretary of State:

http://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/initiatives/text/i1069.pdf

Ballot Measure Summary
This measure would require the Seal of the State of Washington to be changed to depict a vignette of a tapeworm dressed in a three piece suit attached to the lower intestine of a taxpayer shown as the central figure. The seal would be required to be encircled with the following words: “Committed to sucking the life blood out of each and every tax payer.” The illustration would be selected from submissions submitted by taxpayers.

silus
05-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Funny, i'm in Washington state and I just saw this X-files episode where a man is the worm. So I say we replace George Washington with him...
http://www.theofantastique.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fluke-247x300.jpg

Rylick
05-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Funny, i'm in Washington state and I just saw this X-files episode where a man is the worm. So I say we replace George Washington with him...
http://www.theofantastique.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fluke-247x300.jpg
That episode is so freaking creepy

ItsTime
05-01-2010, 02:04 PM
That episode is so freaking creepy

It was my favorite episode haha

Old Ducker
05-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Great idea! I hope whomever is behind this has the resources to (paid signature gatherers) to get this thing on the ballot.

ChaosControl
05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I'll vote for it just for the **** and giggles.

nate895
05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm thinking this might be the first petition I sign as a new voter.

nate895
05-01-2010, 02:49 PM
The text itself is also very powerful indictment on all taxation, particularly the double taxation here in Washington.

BuddyRey
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
LOL! I hope it passes!

BuddyRey
05-01-2010, 06:42 PM
//

ItsTime
05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
So, what happens if it does pass?

MozoVote
05-01-2010, 06:55 PM
This won't actually be voted on. Some joker filed it with the secretary of state, but there's no real effort to gather the signatures to qualify it for the ballot.

Even if it was voted on and passes, the legislature can overturn it. Initiatives are equivalent to legislative bills in Washington state. The voters can nullify the legislature, and vice versa.

specsaregood
05-01-2010, 06:56 PM
It was my favorite episode haha

Any idea what season/episode #?

Edit: and I hope this awesome initiative passes.

nate895
05-01-2010, 07:02 PM
This won't actually be voted on. Some joker filed it with the secretary of state, but there's no real effort to gather the signatures to qualify it for the ballot.

Even if it was voted on and passes, the legislature can overturn it. Initiatives are equivalent to legislative bills in Washington state. The voters can nullify the legislature, and vice versa.

If the legislature did that, it would cause an uproar, and it could be overturned once-and-for-all by the people having a referendum on the legislature's repeal of the bill.

nate895
05-01-2010, 07:08 PM
This ballot measure is confusing:

Ballot Title
Statement of Subject: Initiative Measure No. 1072 concerns drinking age laws.

Concise Description: This measure would authorize people to sell and provide alcoholic beverages to persons age nineteen and older, although persons under age twenty-one would still be prohibited from possessing, consuming, or purchasing alcoholic beverages.

Should this measure be enacted into law? Yes [ ] No [ ]

Ballot Measure Summary
The laws prohibiting selling or providing “liquor” (alcohol, spirits, beer, and wine) to anyone under age twenty-one would be changed to prohibit selling or providing liquor to anyone under nineteen. The measure, however, does not change the laws preventing persons under twenty-one from possessing, consuming, and purchasing liquor, and public intoxication, although it modifies penalties for persons who purchase liquor under age twenty-one. The measure requires a public vote on the measure after ten years.

This is just retarded.

silus
05-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Any idea what season/episode #?
Season 2 Episode 3.

specsaregood
05-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Season 2 Episode 3.

Actually its Season 2, Episode 2. But thanks for the point in the right direction. Episode 3 wasn't too bad.