PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: National Enquirer says Obama has cheated on his wife

qh4dotcom
04-30-2010, 10:14 PM
They were right about John Edwards

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/obama_cheating_scandal_vera_baker_video_/celebrity/68589

puppetmaster
04-30-2010, 10:16 PM
kewl

speciallyblend
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
wtf, haha , next time invite the wife jeez!!

TCE
04-30-2010, 10:19 PM
This looks really fake...or this is how the National Enquirer always writes?

speciallyblend
04-30-2010, 10:21 PM

that is how they always write. they have 0 credibility!!

RonPaulCult
04-30-2010, 10:23 PM
It seems like most politicians cheat on their wives. 90% of them probably worship satan. (I'm not religious)

Old Ducker
04-30-2010, 10:23 PM
National Enquirer, best reporting on the planet!

TCE
04-30-2010, 10:24 PM

So this article is meaningless? Or, does the National Enquirer have clout in gossip circles? Even if there is a 5% chance this is true, expect Obama's approval ratings to plummet.

sofia
04-30-2010, 10:27 PM

to the contrary....National Enquirer and also The Globe, have an impressive record of accuracy when it comes to exposing scandals/affairs...

They nailed Gary Hart....Jesse Jackson....Bill Clinton....John Edwards...and many more.

The gossip mags also have exposed sarah Palin as an adulteress and Obama as a bi-sexual.

qh4dotcom
04-30-2010, 10:28 PM

I was skeptical at first but it's front news on the official nationalenquirer.com website

phill4paul
04-30-2010, 10:30 PM
they were right about john edwards

qft

DirtMcGirt
04-30-2010, 10:32 PM
I like the "Weekly World News" more than the enquirer...

http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/images/WWN%20cover.jpg

libertythor
04-30-2010, 10:41 PM
I tried visiting National Enquirer's website, but I get this message: Page unavailable/under construction ! It looks like they may have been raided by the Secret Service!

speciallyblend
04-30-2010, 10:47 PM
I was skeptical at first but it's front news on the official nationalenquirer.com website

we will see how it pans out!! if true dam if not so what!!

futo555
04-30-2010, 10:51 PM
O... Michelle on the market, she kinda hot.

Distinguished Gentleman
04-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Its necessary to be skeptical here, but a part of me has always suspected something like this. Still relatively young, the most powerful man in the world, and a pretty questionable relationship with morality. I guess time will tell...

Depressed Liberator
04-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Breaking news: Batboy has been found in Holland.

emazur
04-30-2010, 11:25 PM
There's somebody on this form that occasionally posts links to tabloids of Obama having some sore of homosexual affair. Damned if I know if that or this was true, but you guys would be going ape shit if one of these tabloids did a scandal piece on Ron Paul.

phill4paul
04-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Breaking news: Batboy has been found in Holland.

Bat boy is Weekly World News. Different publication.

pcosmar
04-30-2010, 11:34 PM
"I did not have sex with that woman"

yeah right. Like this is going to matter to the Obamabots.

No1ButPaul08
04-30-2010, 11:52 PM
to the contrary....National Enquirer and also The Globe, have an impressive record of accuracy when it comes to exposing scandals/affairs...

They nailed Gary Hart....Jesse Jackson....Bill Clinton....John Edwards...and many more.

The gossip mags also have exposed sarah Palin as an adulteress and Obama as a bi-sexual.

The Enquirer also broke the Tiger Woods story.

RM918
04-30-2010, 11:53 PM
"I did not have sex with that woman"

yeah right. Like this is going to matter to the Obamabots.

I imagine you could tell them Obama had sex with Tiger Woods and they wouldn't be even a little fazed.

Though, honestly, I wouldn't care. I thought he was a destructive, hypocritical, lying corporatist and statist before, and if this turns out to be true I'll think exactly the same of him. If he wants to cheat on his wife, so what? They haven't made adultery illegal yet.

Also rather odd we hear about this on a Friday evening.

Mini-Me
04-30-2010, 11:55 PM
It's actually pretty likely, given his personality. I'm actually surprised that the number of politicians (and Presidents) caught cheating is so low. I'm just waiting for the day when a Presidential Sex Tape makes the rounds. ;)

Danke
05-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I like the "Weekly World News" more than the enquirer...

http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/images/WWN%20cover.jpg

That explains Chelsea.

nate895
05-01-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm shocked....not.

menoname
05-01-2010, 12:50 AM
haha its on drudge now

Anti Federalist
05-01-2010, 12:59 AM
that explains chelsea.

lolololol

libertybrewcity
05-01-2010, 01:17 AM
PRESIDENT OBAMA has been caught in a shocking cheating scandal after being caught in a Washington, DC Hotel with a former campaign aide, sources say.

And now, a hush-hush security video that shows everything could topple both Obama's presidency and marriage to Michelle!

A confidential investigation has learned that Obama first became close to gorgeous 35 year-old VERA BAKER in 2004 when she worked tirelessly to get him elected to the US Senate, raising millions in campaign contributions.

While Baker has insisted in the past that "nothing happened" between them, the ENQUIRER has learned that top anti-Obama operatives are offering more than $1 million to witnesses to reveal what they know about the alleged hush-hush affair.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/obama_cheating_scandal_vera_baker_video_/celebrity/68589

Uriel999
05-01-2010, 02:07 AM
It's actually pretty likely, given his personality. I'm actually surprised that the number of politicians (and Presidents) caught cheating is so low. I'm just waiting for the day when a Presidential Sex Tape makes the rounds. ;)

already happened with the jrk monroe sex tape.

RM918
05-01-2010, 02:26 AM
haha its on drudge now

Beaten out by the oil slick news. I SMELL CONSPIRACY!

Baptist
05-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Well, cheating sucks so I hope that he is not cheating on his wife.

However, if he is or has in the past two years, I hope that tons of evidence comes out and he gets booted out of office before the end of the year.

Nate SY
05-01-2010, 02:40 AM
You do understand that even if he did, that in no way will get him out of office right? The Clinton thing was about lying under oath, not cheating. As someone already said, cheating isn't illegal yet.

..PAUL4PRES..
05-01-2010, 03:34 AM
YouTube - Your Cheatin' Heart (Hank Sr.) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvLeCMTofE&feature=player_embedded)

LibertyEagle
05-01-2010, 03:40 AM
The National Enquirer??? Is Michele also pregnant with BigFoot's love child? :rolleyes:

BuddyRey
05-01-2010, 03:54 AM
The National Enquirer??? Is Michele also pregnant with BigFoot's love child? :rolleyes:

Unless I'm mistaken, the Enquirer has broken its share of serious stories in the past. Weren't they the first on the John Edwards affair?

Pete_00
05-01-2010, 03:56 AM
I detect the "unfair and false accusation against someone to make people sympathetic to the victim" technique.

xd9fan
05-01-2010, 03:57 AM
hes the first black prez......it wont matter

BuddyRey
05-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Looks like the story's hit Drudge too!

Obama might have to put off his Correspondents Dinner 'til the heat's off, eh?

JohnEngland
05-01-2010, 04:46 AM
You do understand that even if he did, that in no way will get him out of office right? The Clinton thing was about lying under oath, not cheating. As someone already said, cheating isn't illegal yet.

But he'd lose a lot of support in the next election - especially from the more moral people in society (Well, you'd hope so anyway - if they could vote for the most pro-abortion senator ever, it sadly makes you wonder whether they'd care about cheating on one's wife...).

But anyway, innocent until proven guilty.

fedup100
05-01-2010, 05:20 AM

No, It would appear she IS bigfoot. The national Inquirer has much more credibility than the msm at this juncture.

It doesn't matter what the loser does though, he is black and can do no wrong.

MelissaWV
05-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Oh no. A guy potentially cheated. Unless my tax dollars were involved (which they probably were, of course), I really, seriously, would say the same thing I always say when these "serious stories" come out.

It's between the people actually involved.

MelissaWV
05-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Oh no. A guy potentially cheated. Unless my tax dollars were involved (which they probably were, of course), I really, seriously, would say the same thing I always say when these "serious stories" come out.

rprprs
05-01-2010, 05:40 AM
I would be very surprised if Obama has not cheated on Michelle, even if THIS particular accusation is unfounded. I would also be surprised if Michelle doesn't already know about it.

As previously stated, most of the Obamabots will not care one way or the other. And, if this story gains any traction beyond the Enquirer and Drudge and then can't be unequivocally proven, it will only work in his favor. I would also expect that the MSN will do much to downplay it if they report it all, and are more likely to use their resources to refute the allegations. We shall see.

Oh, and Danke's Chelsea comment was hilarious! :D

Mini-Me
05-01-2010, 06:12 AM

It's difficult staying principled like that when one of the people involved is doing everything he can to butt into every area of your own life. ;)

Seriously though, it's always funny when people consider a politician's sex life to be some huge scandal, while completely overlooking the important things.

angelatc
05-01-2010, 06:17 AM

It's a symptom of a character flaw. There are bunches of us who probably won't even vote for a divorced guy either. Nothing to argue about. Morals are personally subjective.

And it's politically damaging. If there's anything to this, the Democrats will expend lots of energy trying to deflect the insults.

But while I wasn't going to vote for Obama in any event, it would still be fun to watch in any event.

Of course, this could be a ploy to reintroduce the fairness doctrine....

angelatc
05-01-2010, 06:18 AM
It's difficult staying principled like that when one of the people involved is doing everything he can to butt into every area of your own life. ;)

Seriously though, it's always funny when people consider a politician's sex life to be some huge scandal, while completely overlooking the important things.

ANd it's even funnier to watch people defend immorality, which, if nothing else, is a very effective political weapon.

BuddyRey
05-01-2010, 06:19 AM

Normally, I would agree with you. But we're talking about a guy who sees no problem whatsoever with locking someone in a cage for carrying some dried plant material in his pocket, or for having the grave misfortune of being fingered as a potential terrorist and tried off-shore with no jury.

I'd say that no dirt anyone may find on Obama or any other nasty, oppressive, power-hungry thug is beyond the pale at this point.

amy31416
05-01-2010, 06:26 AM
So if it's true, then what? Obama finishes his term as an impotent leader (though the Europeans will like him even better.)

Hillary 2012? Mitt Romney? What changes?

And anyways, almost half of this country that votes, voted for McCain who didn't just cheat, but was a total asshole about it. I say we just go ahead and elect two guys that we know are unethical in this realm, just to get it out of the way. That said--

SANFORD/EDWARDS 2012!

MelissaWV
05-01-2010, 06:29 AM
It's a symptom of a character flaw. There are bunches of us who probably won't even vote for a divorced guy either. Nothing to argue about. Morals are personally subjective.

And it's politically damaging. If there's anything to this, the Democrats will expend lots of energy trying to deflect the insults.

But while I wasn't going to vote for Obama in any event, it would still be fun to watch in any event.

Of course, this could be a ploy to reintroduce the fairness doctrine....

When Clinton's little fiasco was going on, which everyone remembers, a whole lot of bombing and killing was going on, which far fewer remember. What I'm about to say does not come lightly, but will ring true:

Obama would do far more, for far longer, than Clinton could have ever dreamed to do, using his "public speaking" to keep attention on the "scandal."

If this story gets legs, it will draw even more eyes away from what's important. The hot-button issues are being trotted out one by one to draw eyes, in fact.

Immigration and Racism.
Healthcare.
Education (they'll come back to this one, but education measures across the country are getting attention and involving protestors/resources).
Environmentalism.
Financial "Reform."
Bailouts/Economic issues.

The big, huge, glaring one that I see missing, that hasn't been brought out to sun itself in awhile, is National Security/Defense. Things having to do with it are in the public eye, but I'm talking about some big thing happening. And nah, I'm not so much a "the Government is going to do something and blame someone" kind of person... I'm more of a "something is going to happen somewhere and the US is going to leap in and take sides and demand we help immediately" sort. Somalia's been heating up lately, what with pirates and bombings and lots of starving children and the perception it's "anarchy" there. It seems as good a spot as any.

So really, I'm far more worried about a President who has a story out there about his cheating on his wife (and what he'll do while the media is focused on that) than I am about a man who ACTUALLY cheated on his wife, or got divorced, or has a child somewhere with another woman, personally. :o

qh4dotcom
05-01-2010, 06:31 AM

The purpose right now is to bring his approval ratings down. I know there aren't 67 senate votes to impeach him....anyway the best way to get him out of office is through the birth certificate issue.

Baptist
05-01-2010, 06:34 AM

Ron Paul voted to impeach Clinton.

Having leaders who are trust worthy is important.

LibForestPaul
05-01-2010, 06:57 AM
And this affects my pocket how?

Will Michelle be taking my guns?

DAFTEK
05-01-2010, 06:59 AM
I thought Obama was gay and in love with that limo guy Larry Sinclair...Then again one look at Michelle and....... :D

specsaregood
05-01-2010, 07:02 AM
He voted to impeach because he lied under oath and got caught, not because he cheated.

I say we just go ahead and elect two guys that we know are unethical in this realm, just to get it out of the way. That said--
SANFORD/EDWARDS 2012!
I like your style, are you offering public seminars or perhaps a 7day home study course?

amy31416

If it's true, she might take them to shoot Barack.

Brooklyn Red Leg
http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/simpsons-haha.jpg

angelatc
05-01-2010, 07:04 AM

Not if you're in politics. It's damaging at the polls.

MelissaWV
05-01-2010, 07:05 AM

I would have voted to impeach Clinton as well. It wouldn't have had anything to do with the fact he was cheating on Hillary.

I'm a proofreader. If I'm in the conference room having sex with one of my subordinates during a conference call, rather than paying attention, I'm going to find myself fired as soon as that's found out.

He's the President. If he's in the White House having sex with one of his interns during an international job-related phonecall, rather than paying attention, he should find himself fired as soon as that's found out.

Let's put it this way. If a President and their spouse were the ones having sex while on a job-related call, I would still have a problem with it. You're at work! Act like it! Cheat on your own time, dammit!

amy31416
05-01-2010, 07:06 AM
I like your style, are you offering public seminars or perhaps a 7day home study course?

Yes. All seminars are BYOB though (Bring Your Own Bimbo.)

MelissaWV
05-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Not if you're in politics. It's damaging at the polls.

So's having bad hair :( It's perfectly within someone's rights to decide things on whatever criteria they'd like, but we could have a spectacular President (I thought people like Thomas Jefferson?) who cheats, and a really awful one that never does. I'd rather decide things on policy and let couples deal with their marriages, just as long as we don't have to fork out money for the hanky panky.

angelatc
05-01-2010, 07:09 AM

Honestly, I think Ron Paul is far above all that pettiness, but he voted to impeach because Clinton did indeed lie under oath.

As for deciding what's important, I'm with you. I probably won't vote for a person who has a divorce under his or her belt, but I probably would make an exception if the person said, "I didn't want to divorce and he/she hurt me deeply."

There is always that sector that thinks that the Jeckyll and Hyde characters are perfectly fine in office, and that's fine, as long as they realize that I'm never going to vote for the morally flawed candidates they're putting out there.

But I was never going to vote for Obama....

angelatc
05-01-2010, 07:14 AM
So's having bad hair :( It's perfectly within someone's rights to decide things on whatever criteria they'd like, but we could have a spectacular President (I thought people like Thomas Jefferson?) who cheats, and a really awful one that never does. I'd rather decide things on policy and let couples deal with their marriages, just as long as we don't have to fork out money for the hanky panky.

I've been told that it's more likely that Jefferson's brother was actually the Jefferson that fooled around with Sally Hemmings. :)

One thing about hanky panky is that it opens up the candidate to being essentially blackmailed. No way would I vote for somebody stupid enough to put themselves in that position.

And for the record, the National Enquirer was the paper that broke the S&L scandal back in the '80's. The "real" journalists don't investigate anything.

lester1/2jr
05-01-2010, 07:16 AM
it didn't affect clintons popularity. if he didn't do anything illegal I don't think anyone is gonna care. seriously

ChaosControl
05-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Meh, not like I'd vote for the scum anyway. However, I do admit that if someone did cheat it would impact my decision to vote for them since I would not vote for someone who I felt had no integrity. Cheaters are scum.

specsaregood
05-01-2010, 07:23 AM
if he didn't do anything illegal I don't think anyone is gonna care. seriously
Probably true, until the NE breaks the story about him where the other person is a male......just saying.

pacelli
05-01-2010, 07:32 AM
I think they got the name wrong. Obama had a steamy love affair with Larry Sinclair. This video has been around since campaign 07-08 season. I first saw it from a thread on this forum.

YouTube - Larry Sinclair: Obama's "Drug and Sex party limosine" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MceFVpJ-Gyc)

pacelli
05-01-2010, 07:54 AM
I saw another thread on this exact same story so I'll post this video again.

YouTube - Larry Sinclair: Obama's "Drug and Sex party limosine" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MceFVpJ-Gyc)

and another video just for this thread..

YouTube - Barack Obama -- Larry Sinclair Press conference Pt 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lrf8DbrJH0)

Natalie
05-01-2010, 07:54 AM
I bet Jesse James and Tiger Woods are excited. Finally they'll get some peace and quiet.

ARealConservative
05-01-2010, 08:02 AM

yeah, who cares about integrity and honesty in elected leaders. :rolleyes:

torchbearer
05-01-2010, 08:05 AM

she might take your gun to shoot her husband.

MelissaWV
05-01-2010, 08:10 AM
yeah, who cares about integrity and honesty in elected leaders. :rolleyes:

You're positive he cheated? You're positive his wife cares? You're positive this is even a violation of their marriage contract? You're involved why?

Someone can be whatever they want. They can dress up like a frilly frilly princess in their free time, and if they're going to do the right things in the position they are running for I'd rather vote for them than the one that looks good on paper, but I'm strange that way :p

If we carry your analogy further, we could dig up the tipping practices of politicians, or lay out little traps (like dropping money or a wallet or something and seeing what they do), or go back and see if they ever took a cookie from a store, or maybe they have overdue library books, or perhaps they have a whole flurry of speeding tickets...

Again, I would fear the utter smokescreen this will cause, and what would be done behind it while people aren't looking, far more than who Obama's been spending time with. I know I'm in the minority. That's what scares me. I feel like I'm the only one left, and I'll be going "OMG we're attacking that country! We just bombed ____!" and people will be going "wow that girl has way better tatas than Michelle!"

torchbearer
05-01-2010, 08:21 AM
I bet Jesse James and Tiger Woods are excited. Finally they'll get some peace and quiet.

I'm having a south park flash back.
"I really don't understand why a man with all the money and power in the world would want to use it to get with any woman he wants. It doesn't make sense"
:rolleyes:

catdd
05-01-2010, 08:38 AM
It's gonna be a looooong weekend at the White House.

lester1/2jr
05-01-2010, 08:49 AM
yeah, who cares about integrity and honesty in elected leaders.

are you serious? which one of our leaders has any integrity or honesty, besides the obvious

lester1/2jr
05-01-2010, 08:50 AM
prediction: theres going to be right wing bellyaching about "why is the mainstream media covering this" and it's going to turn out to be nothing

catdd
05-01-2010, 09:20 AM
And there will be left wing apologists crying about what the right wing will do before they do it..

mczerone
05-01-2010, 09:45 AM

You mean "anymore".

Golding
05-01-2010, 10:01 AM

Having leaders who are trust worthy is important.I know several people have already clarified that Ron Paul voted to impeach Clinton for lying under oath, not simply for having an affair. But he also voted for that reason begrudgingly, arguing that there were many other impeachable offenses they could have argued for.

YouTube - Ron Paul: Impeachment & Predicting 9/11 in 1998 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZtPzOukjZA)

ARealConservative
05-01-2010, 11:49 AM
You're positive he cheated? You're positive his wife cares? You're positive this is even a violation of their marriage contract? You're involved why?

It doesn't matter to me if his wife cares.

It involves me because I live in a society where we elect people to represent our interests. I want the people representing me to share by values as much as possible.

No1ButPaul08
05-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, the Enquirer has broken its share of serious stories in the past. Weren't they the first on the John Edwards affair?

Yes they also broke the Tiger Woods story.

Athan
05-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't care. Ron Paul is my president. :D

JustinTime
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Brings back memories of college days... ball chains around my neck, racing stripes down the leg of my jncos, cell phones and the internet seemed new, and the Lewinsky scandal broke.

There were some people who were 100% positive it would force Clinton out of office. The GOP (who I gave a shit about at the time) sunk time and resources down a rathole. Those of us who oppose Obama should learn a lesson.

If Obama cheated, its good for a few jokes, and thats about it. I hope nobody tries to make political hay of this.

angelatc
05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Brings back memories of college days... ball chains around my neck, racing stripes down the leg of my jncos, cell phones and the internet seemed new, and the Lewinsky scandal broke.

There were some people who were 100% positive it would force Clinton out of office. The GOP (who I gave a shit about at the time) sunk time and resources down a rathole. Those of us who oppose Obama should learn a lesson.

If Obama cheated, its good for a few jokes, and thats about it. I hope nobody tries to make political hay of this.

Uhm, you seem to be forgetting that the Democrats lost the 2000 election largely because Americans were repulsed by his behavior. Even Al Gore tried to distance himself from Clinton over it.

This isn't hay. If it's true (which I doubt), it's gold.

Galileo Galilei
05-01-2010, 12:53 PM
If Obama would cheat on his wife, would he cheat on the American people?

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-01-2010, 01:06 PM
If Obama would cheat on his wife, would he cheat on the American people?
he already cheated the american people, with the bankers

The Patriot
05-01-2010, 01:14 PM

The National Enquirer broke the John Edwards story, just saying...

Brian4Liberty
05-01-2010, 01:34 PM
...we could have a spectacular President (I thought people like Thomas Jefferson?) who cheats,

I've been told that it's more likely that Jefferson's brother was actually the Jefferson that fooled around with Sally Hemmings. :)

Aye Carumba! Jefferson's wife died after childbirth. He never remarried. The Sally Hemmings affair happened much later (if it's true). Maybe, just maybe, Tom and Sally liked each other, and had a wonderful relationship. Maybe Tom considered Sally his second wife, and they were happy together. Naw, that could never happen.

silus
05-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Angelina Jolie's twins have down syndrome?

RM918
05-01-2010, 01:49 PM
MSM is ignoring this, or burying this, so I doubt we'll be hearing of it again whether it's true or not.

low preference guy
05-01-2010, 01:51 PM
MSM is ignoring this, or burying this, so I doubt we'll be hearing of it again whether it's true or not.

Obama will just ignore it like the birth certificate issue, and it will probably go away, unless there's a tape of them having sex, which is close to impossible.

witnesses or even a confession by the lover won't do anything, because people trust obama more. only something like a security tape of them making out can make this thing believable.

Koz
05-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Meh, not like I'd vote for the scum anyway. However, I do admit that if someone did cheat it would impact my decision to vote for them since I would not vote for someone who I felt had no integrity. Cheaters are scum.

+1000

I may be old fashioned, but I want a president who has enough self control to keep from sticking his dick in someone other than his wife.

Now if he were single then I wouldn't care if he slept with 100 women a year. I just expect that if you are president and married you aren't screwing around.

Although I also expect them to folloow the Constitution, so I've been disappointed quite a bit to say the least with our last few presidents.

speciallyblend
05-01-2010, 01:53 PM
ta taaaaas

anaconda
05-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Is Vera Baker a tranny?

qh4dotcom
05-01-2010, 01:54 PM

+1

devil21
05-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Looks like they're already backtracking.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/national-enquirer-obama-story-update-retracts-hotel-surveillance-claim/

The National Enquirer, which published a report this morning that “investigators are attempting to obtain a tape” that proved an illicit rendezvous between President Barack Obama and former US Senate campaign staffer Vera Baker, has updated their story this afternoon to retract the claim that there is video evidence of the affair with the alleged testimony of an anonymous chauffeur.

Looks like the National Enquirer Obama sex scandal is unraveling rather quickly.
more at link

lester1/2jr
05-01-2010, 03:37 PM
http://gawker.com/5528907/national-enquirer-retracts-claims-of-obama-affair-video-already

theres no video. the story is now just one limo drivers testimony. in other words there is no story.

lester1/2jr
05-01-2010, 03:38 PM
I want the people representing me to share by values as much as possible.

lol

specsaregood
05-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Uhm, you seem to be forgetting that the Democrats lost the 2000 election largely because Americans were repulsed by his behavior. Even Al Gore tried to distance himself from Clinton over it.

I thought it was commonly accepted by many politicos that it was that distancing that helped Gore lose that election. Clinton was still well liked by their base, more so than Gore.

lester1/2jr
05-01-2010, 03:54 PM
during the 80's and 90's things were relatively good so something like the clinton scandal was a big deal. now, we have much bigger fish to fry, however distateful someones indiscretions may be

nate895
05-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I thought it was commonly accepted by many politicos that it was that distancing that helped Gore lose that election. Clinton was still well liked by their base, more so than Gore.

Gore lost because he is Al Gore. Who likes that intellectual poser?

specsaregood
05-01-2010, 04:05 PM

Exactly. Clinton, despite his faults was still liked more than Gore. Gore, by distancing himself from Clinton, turned off some of the clintons supporters at worst and failed to use clinton to energize them at best.

low preference guy
05-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I think Bush destroyed Gore in the debates. That's why Al lost.

YouTube - The George Bush You Forgot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc)

lester1/2jr
05-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I remember that election, Bush won because he had a much more straightforward style than Gore. Gore talked around the questions, Bush answered them. Of course, in retrospect you'd have to say Gore would have been the better president because how could anyone possibly have been worse? it's inconceivable

angelatc
05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Aye Carumba! Jefferson's wife died after childbirth. He never remarried. The Sally Hemmings affair happened much later (if it's true). Maybe, just maybe, Tom and Sally liked each other, and had a wonderful relationship. Maybe Tom considered Sally his second wife, and they were happy together. Naw, that could never happen.

I admittedly don't know very much about it, but there were some works published that asserted that TJ was out of the country when Hemming's was impregnated, and that his brother was staying at Monticello during that time.

However, a quick Google search indicates that Monticello.org doesn't seem to put much credence in that theory, and I'm not interested enough to dig any more than that. :)

dr. hfn
05-01-2010, 04:24 PM
lmao i hope this is true

BlackTerrel
05-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Don't forget that Gore won the majority of the vote.

He lost because of the electoral college.

angelatc
05-01-2010, 04:28 PM

I was there. I am absolutely positive that that the independents were totally disgusted with the whole Democratic party, largely because of Clinton's follies. That's how we ended up with the House, the Senate, and the White House.

I can't believe people think it didn't affect the elections. Do you really think that AL Gore, who literally grew up eating, sleeping and breathing in a political family, would have declared his candidacy while simultaneously intentionally "isolating the base?" Why would the Democratic base abandon Gore over Clinton's affair?

Al Gore formally opened his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination yesterday and instantly distanced himself from President Clinton, whose impeachment now threatens his own political future.

With the fervor of a preacher, the 51-year- old vice president pledged a moral campaign of "values, faith and families" beyond his political agenda of gun control, slowing suburban growth and improving schools.

The debates were indeed dominated by Bush, but hardly anybody watches them. We're political junkies, but most of America isn't.

It is absolutely absurd to think that the Clinton marital scandal didn't cost the Democratic Party dearly. The country was cruising on autopilot then - Gore should have won as easily as GHWB did.

BlackTerrel
05-01-2010, 04:29 PM
http://gawker.com/5528907/national-enquirer-retracts-claims-of-obama-affair-video-already

theres no video. the story is now just one limo drivers testimony. in other words there is no story.

I'd have to think if there was a video and the National Enquirer really believed they had a chance to get it they would have waited until they had it to launch the story.

I also can't imagine such a tape exists since 2004 and nobody had it by now. Do you have any idea how much something like that would be worth? The peak of it's value would have been shortly before the election which is when it would have been sold if it really existed.

nate895
05-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Don't forget that Gore won the majority of the vote.

He lost because of the electoral college.

He didn't win the majority, he won the plurality. The majority is 50%+1, and Al Gore received 48.4% of the vote nationwide to Bush's 47.9%.

lester1/2jr
05-01-2010, 04:43 PM
there was a non scandal about john mcCain and an aide that came out and was done with in like a day as well during the 08 campaign. weird.

Is the cab driver a disgruntled supporter? who knows

The debates were indeed dominated by Bush, but hardly anybody watches them.

yeah but the "opinion leaders" watch them and it filters down via op eds and so forth who won.

Liberty Stud
05-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Would Barak Hussein even step down if this was true?? Even if they had video of him with the woman, it's not 100% evidence, like Monica's blue dress. And even old Billy Bob didn't step down when he got caught.

It would probably mean that Hussein will lose even worse in 2012, if the GOP can come up with a halfway decent presidential candidate. (Hint: Rand!)

Natalie
05-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Even if there is no video, I don't think they would write the story unless they were really sure of it. I know that for really big stories, they give polygraphs to anybody who claims to have information.

erowe1
05-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that when a true story about Obama cheating comes out, it won't be with a woman.

BlackTerrel
05-01-2010, 07:33 PM
He didn't win the majority, he won the plurality. The majority is 50%+1, and Al Gore received 48.4% of the vote nationwide to Bush's 47.9%.

Good point. My mistake.