PDA

View Full Version : youtube coverage?

itshappening
04-30-2010, 05:30 AM
I'd like to see some more youtube coverage of Dr. Paul's appearances in Kentucky and any big rallies he's holding before May 18th.

can't the campaign pay someone to take a video camera around and keep it updated? :cool:

thomas-in-ky
04-30-2010, 05:52 AM
Went to a well attended backyard fundraiser (house party) for Jack Ditty (candidate for State Senate) yesterday evening and wore my Rand Fan sticker. Got a lot of comments on the sticker, and started a lot of conversations about Rand Paul. I'm from Lewis Co., but I found out Rand has grass roots support in Greenup County too! The host and hostess of the event were full-out Rand Fans as well. I took them some big Rand signs, replenished their yard sign stash, and delivered bumper stickers. Sorry, no tubes (I know that's the thread!).... but it feels like the battle is being won here on the ground. :)

itshappening
04-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Tom, what's your feeling? would you be shocked if Rand doesn't win by a landslide?

BamaFanNKy
04-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Tom, what's your feeling? would you be shocked if Rand doesn't win by a landslide?

Please don't say landslide EVER again. Now go outside and spin three times, spit and throw a dime over your left shoulder.

radiofriendly
04-30-2010, 07:18 AM
I've got tentative permission from the official campaign for videoing some of the final days before the primary (even behind the scenes). I've asked off work---and will be in KY the final week.
I was the videographer for the Ron Paul blimp (one of them). I'll be posting a paypal to raise a bit for gas money/technical video stuff. - I'll probably post that here tonight.

Here's my email if you can help out: radiopirates1@gmail.com

thomas-in-ky
04-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Honestly, I think Rand will win, but not by the margin shown in the polls. Trey Grayson still has the lock on the establishment (everyone at the courthouse is voting for Trey) and some gullible people have been influenced by Grayson's relentless negative campaigning on TV. (Grayson's is a losing strategy at this point... his FUD has kept some Rand fans from becoming raving Rand fans... but it's done little to increase Trey's support... the net effect of his negative campaigning will be diminished turnout for the both of them.) Every thinking voter is voting for Rand, but how many of those do we have?!

We do not have this thing wrapped up. We must push all the way to the finish. Mostly, I'm focusing on my county - what I can affect. If Rand were to lose my county, I would not be able to look myself in the mirror for months. My post in this thread was to let folks know that at least the next county over is showing strong support for Rand too. Beyond that, I have little basis for an opinion.

Oh... and to the original thread's purpose... more tubes would be nice!

AuH2O
04-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Please don't say landslide EVER again. Now go outside and spin three times, spit and throw a dime over your left shoulder.

You want to tempt the wrath of whatever from high atop the thing?

MRoCkEd
04-30-2010, 09:12 AM
I've got tentative permission from the official campaign for videoing some of the final days before the primary (even behind the scenes). I've asked off work---and will be in KY the final week.
I was the videographer for the Ron Paul blimp (one of them). I'll be posting a paypal to raise a bit for gas money/technical video stuff. - I'll probably post that here tonight.

Here's my email if you can help out: radiopirates1@gmail.com
That's awesome.

TruthisTreason
04-30-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd like to see some more youtube coverage of Dr. Paul's appearances in Kentucky and any big rallies he's holding before May 18th.

can't the campaign pay someone to take a video camera around and keep it updated? :cool:

+1

Also, more emails keeping supporters and donors up to date, not just emails asking for money.

lx43
04-30-2010, 11:37 AM
+1

Also, more emails keeping supporters and donors up to date, not just emails asking for money.

Totally agree, it would be nice to know whats going on sometimes without being asked for money constantly in emails. I get the impression the campaign think of you as just a checkbook.

Thargok
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM

They have the events filmed, they don't have them edited down yet (to meet Youtube limits) and there was a lot of background noise during the bus tour so that video is taking a long time. Hopefully something will pop up.

Matt Collins
04-30-2010, 01:34 PM
We do not have this thing wrapped up. We must push all the way to the finish. Mostly, I'm focusing on my county - what I can affect. If Rand were to lose my county, I would not be able to look myself in the mirror for months.All politics is local! :)