PDA

View Full Version : Go Ahead call me a conspiracy nut.

awake
04-29-2010, 07:53 PM
I remember posting a thread some time ago asking what the environmental "event" would be used to push through Eco Protectionism... I guess I am not the only one who can see the POSE - Public Opinion Shaping Events - as they arrive in a timely manner.

Lew Rockwell
Notice that all the concerns about the spill from the former platform in the Gulf of Mexico is not for 11 men dead and 11 families ravaged, nor for a great economic loss and less petroleum for people, but over a possible dead fish or bird, or the water god offended. Oil is natural, organic, and biodegradable—if I may use greenspeak—and it will all go away. BP will clean up what does not. The Coast Guard-media hysteria is designed to advance the anti-human, eco-agenda. My view: Oil, oil, give us more oil.

UPDATE from Mark Davis:

Notice how there also is little or no concern over the cause of the “blast” or “explosion” as it is only briefly described as “unknown cause”. I assume the implication is that it must have been an accident. But how does an explosion occur under water on a simple well pipe without an explosive device? The debate over the recent change to allow drilling in the Gulf of Mexico will surely be impacted by this event. The potential for sabotage by eco-terrorists isn’t even on the radar in the media, but I must wonder about it. If someone does mention it and gets called a conspiracy theorist, then you’ll know it’s true.

Vessol
04-29-2010, 07:55 PM
I didn't really think about it and have paid little attention to the issue. I don't think your a conspiracy nut, I think it's a valid idea.

purplechoe
04-29-2010, 07:58 PM
You call it conspiracy, I call it con's piracy...

http://piratenews.org/great-cons-piracy.jpg

BuddyRey
04-29-2010, 08:07 PM
I kinda think Weatherbill might be onto something with his Sept. 2010 west-coast earthquake prediction. I'm not usually big on prophesies, but he posted his thread months and months before the levels of seismic activity dramatically rose worldwide.

jclay2
04-29-2010, 08:07 PM
I think that is a very real possibility. Given the timing of the thing, I think you are on to something. Any push for off shore drilling would be impossible after this.

bump for a great possibly accurate explanation of real world events

RedStripe
04-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Sure but to suggest that the best explaination for an explosion on an oil rig is an intentional explosive device is pretty LOL

awake
04-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Well lets just see how this plays out on the legislative front which it was meant to affect.

RedStripe
04-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Well lets just see how this plays out on the legislative front which it was meant to affect.

Like what?

silus
04-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Conspiracy nut.

TC95
04-29-2010, 08:33 PM
For crying out loud! What a bunch of conspiracy nuts around here! Get real, people! :mad:

Just kidding! I was thinking the same thing. :)

AdamT
04-29-2010, 08:42 PM
I put nothing past these people.

awake
04-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I think from the outcome some body wanted unrestricted offshore drilling off the ticket.

They also wanted a clear statement from Sarah Palin for some reason on the "drill baby drill" comment.

Interesting stuff...

Slutter McGee
04-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Ahh but that is not conspiracy. That is common sense. The recession was used to justify increased regulations. 911 was used to justify loss of liberties.

A conspiracy theorist believes that somebody caused this with the full purpose of increasing their power. A rational libertarian believes that the government will manipulate events into increasing their power.

I see nothing wrong with what you are saying, or even remotely controversial. And to those who do say the government caused this....these events happen naturally. I believe you are right on what the end result of these events are, opportunity for expansion of power, but why would the government, or any entity, force it to happen when it will eventually happen naturally?

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

dannno
04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I think it was done to incite eco-concious people, I don't think it was done by an eco-terrorist.. but it could have been done by a wing of a group who controls eco-terrorist related groups.

dannno
04-30-2010, 04:45 PM
A rational libertarian believes that the government will manipulate events into increasing their power.

A "rational" libertarian does not discount the possibility of conspiracy, that's bs.

It's so much easier to cause things than to wait for them to happen, especially if you have a lot of power and money. Plus you get to setup everything ahead of time and inform your media contacts of how to handle it when it goes down, etc..

lynnf
04-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I remember posting a thread some time ago asking what the environmental "event" would be used to push through Eco Protectionism... I guess I am not the only one who can see the POSE - Public Opinion Shaping Events - as they arrive in a timely manner.

Lew Rockwell
Notice that all the concerns about the spill from the former platform in the Gulf of Mexico is not for 11 men dead and 11 families ravaged, nor for a great economic loss and less petroleum for people, but over a possible dead fish or bird, or the water god offended. Oil is natural, organic, and biodegradable—if I may use greenspeak—and it will all go away. BP will clean up what does not. The Coast Guard-media hysteria is designed to advance the anti-human, eco-agenda. My view: Oil, oil, give us more oil.

UPDATE from Mark Davis:

Notice how there also is little or no concern over the cause of the “blast” or “explosion” as it is only briefly described as “unknown cause”. I assume the implication is that it must have been an accident. But how does an explosion occur under water on a simple well pipe without an explosive device? The debate over the recent change to allow drilling in the Gulf of Mexico will surely be impacted by this event. The potential for sabotage by eco-terrorists isn’t even on the radar in the media, but I must wonder about it. If someone does mention it and gets called a conspiracy theorist, then you’ll know it’s true.

not many terrorists have equipment to go 1 mile down to the ocean floor and blow something up. you don't need incendiaries to have an explosion down there because the oil is under pressure. rapid release of pressure is like an explosion. an explosion is just rapid oxidation. (I actually did learn something in chemistry class, how about that?)

so that basically leaves 2 options for a planned event: 1) a government did it or 2) BP sabotaged themselves. don't think it likely, but it is possible. very risky with possible murder charges, but, hey the 3,000+ killed in 9/11 didn't keep anyone from doing the dirty deed.

lynn

extrmmxer
04-30-2010, 05:22 PM
No way a conspiracy nut. You're right. I've been thinking the same thing.

When Obama first took office he wanted to pass the stimulus package. I clearly remember, claiming we need to work on our infrastructure. At that point, all I heard on MSM was the water pipes breaking, bridges cracking, sink holes in roads. I remember the MSM reporting on location during water main breaks. Now you don't hear a thing about infrastructure.

Then the whole healthcare debacle bill. What was the first thing we saw on MSM when they were trying to pass the bill. Aetna increases rates by 35% and other companies following suite with raising rates. Now we don't hear a thing.

NOW, they want to pass "Financial reform" for more regulations. What are we hearing from MSM. Goldman Sachs fraud. Now they're claiming the oil spill (explosion) was caused by the unregulated free market.

Not all coincidental to me. Completely planned.

torchbearer
04-30-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking the oil rig accident in the gulf was sabotage.

dannno
04-30-2010, 05:31 PM
When Obama first took office he wanted to pass the stimulus package. I clearly remember, claiming we need to work on our infrastructure. At that point, all I heard on MSM was the water pipes breaking, bridges cracking, sink holes in roads. I remember the MSM reporting on location during water main breaks. Now you don't hear a thing about infrastructure.

You are very intelligent to use the media as a weather bell for the elite's agenda. That's all I use them for.

dannno
04-30-2010, 05:34 PM

Did you see I posted the beastie boys song in the other thread about this :D

YouTube - Beastie Boys - Sabotage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE)

I Can't Stand It I Know You Planned It
But I'm Gonna Set It Straight, This Watergate
I Can't Stand Rocking When I'm In Here
Because Your Crystal Bal Ain't So Crystal Clear
So While You Sit Backand Wonder Why
I Got This Fucking Thorn In My Side
Oh My, It's A Mirage
I'm Tellin' Y'all It's a Sabotage
So Listen Up 'Cause You Can't Say Nothin'
You'll Shut Me Dow With A Push Of Your Button?
But I'm Out And I'm Gone
I'll Tell You Now I Keep It On And On
'Cause What You See You Might Not Get
And We Can Bet So Don't You Get Souped Yet
You're Scheming On A Thing That's A Mirage
I'm Trying To Tell You Now It's Sabotage
Why; Our Backs Are Now Against The Wall
Listen All Of Y'all It's A Sabotage
I Can't Stand It, I Know You Planned It
But I'm Gonna Set It Straight This Watergate
I Can't Stand Rockin' When I'm In This Place
Because I Feel Disgrace Because You're All In My Face
But Make No Mistakes And Switch Up My Channel
I'm Buddy Rich When I Fly Off The Handle
What Could It Be, It's A Miracle
You're Scheming On A Thing; That's Sabotage

phill4paul
04-30-2010, 05:39 PM

I started thinking that two days after it happened. Conspiracy nut? Yeah, whatever. Label me.

Carole
04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
You think maybe HA-ARP or maybe that thingy the Air Force sent up to space last Thursday??

:D

lynnf
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
speak of the devil, this just out:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100430/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill_the_rig

During its nine years at sea, the Deepwater Horizon oil rig operated by BP suffered a series of spills, fires — even a collision — because of equipment failure, human error and bad weather. It also drilled the world's deepest offshore well.

But Deepwater Horizon's lasting legacy will undoubtedly be the environmental damage it caused after it exploded and sank, killing 11 crew and releasing an estimated 210,000 gallons of oil a day into the Gulf of Mexico.

What likely destroyed the rig in a ball of fire last week was a failure -- or multiple failures -- 5,000 feet below. That's where drilling equipment met the sea bed in a complicated construction of pipes, concrete and valves that gave way in a manner that no one has yet been able to explain.

LibForestPaul
04-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Until reading this post, I had no idea that anyone died.

That takes me a bit aback.

awake
04-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Murray Rothbard figured all this out many years ago...

The domestic oil cartel wants production slashed not increased. This oil rig accident was a direct means and message to Obama: lay off the exploration of new supplies , we are trying to raise oil prices not lower them with new supply.

That's why we need to get off of foreign oil, they, the domestic oil cartel, want oil prices much higher - desperately - as inflation and the fall off in demand due to the depression has changed the economic climate ; foreign oil makes it impossible to plan prices.

Since the emergency economic protection measures, known as the climate change bill, designed to install a restrictive quota and energy allocation mechanism (further cartelization) seem to be falling apart - presto- oil platform disaster.

One month after Obama dared increase exploration and drilling, one ecological disaster later, we need to outlaw offshore drilling ASAP as it is too unsafe and is destroying the environment.

It smells so bad I can taste it.

dwdollar
04-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Deep down most people believe it, but they keep telling themselves the world can't possible be this evil.

phill4paul
04-30-2010, 10:28 PM
It smells so bad I can taste it.

Yeppers.

TER
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Gulf oil spill: The Halliburton connection (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2010/04/gulf-oil-spill-the-halliburton-connection.html)

"Investigators delving into the possible cause of the massive gulf oil spill are focusing on the role of Houston-based Halliburton Co., the giant energy services company, which was responsible for cementing the drill into place below the water. The company acknowledged Friday that it had completed the final cementing of the oil well and pipe just 20 hours before the blowout last week."

klamath
05-01-2010, 09:21 AM
not many terrorists have equipment to go 1 mile down to the ocean floor and blow something up. you don't need incendiaries to have an explosion down there because the oil is under pressure. rapid release of pressure is like an explosion. an explosion is just rapid oxidation. (I actually did learn something in chemistry class, how about that?)

so that basically leaves 2 options for a planned event: 1) a government did it or 2) BP sabotaged themselves. don't think it likely, but it is possible. very risky with possible murder charges, but, hey the 3,000+ killed in 9/11 didn't keep anyone from doing the dirty deed.

lynn

one modified WWII depth charge...

torchbearer
05-01-2010, 09:26 AM
one modified WWII depth charge...

i think both of your are missing the mark.
that explosion could be the result of mistakes made in the drilling process. the mistakes can be created at the platform level. if you wanted to sabotage a well, like what happened here, all you need to do is over-torque.

lynnf
05-01-2010, 09:41 AM
more grist for the grist mill....

//www.imagesharex.com/out.php/i4916_WhiteHouseBombed.jpg

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/05/us-orders-blackout-over-north-korean-torpedoing-of-gulf-of-mexico-oil-rig/

A grim report circulating in the Kremlin today written by Russia’s Northern Fleet is reporting that the United States has ordered a complete media blackout over North Korea’s torpedoing of the giant Deepwater Horizon oil platform owned by the World’s largest offshore drilling contractor Transocean that was built and financed by South Korea’s Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., that has caused great loss of life, untold billions in economic damage to the South Korean economy, and an environmental catastrophe to the United States.

Most important to understand about this latest attack by North Korea against its South Korean enemy is that under the existing “laws of war” it was a permissible action as they remain in a state of war against each other due to South Korea’s refusal to sign the 1953 Armistice ending the Korean War.

Brian4Liberty
05-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Sure but to suggest that the best explaination for an explosion on an oil rig is an intentional explosive device is pretty LOL

Sure. Next thing you are going to tell us is that an explosion at a fireworks factory wasn't intentional. Or at the gasoline refinery. ;)

Occam's razor applies here...

awake
05-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I am not saying how It could be done, just that it was done as a public opinion changing event.

You only need to read the aftermath in relation to the energy cartel bills up for senate passage.

They are reporting that a oil rig disaster 40 years ago started the environmental movement; they just celebrated 40 years Earth Day.

This event had a direct impact on national oil production policies 1 month after a declaration to open up offshore drilling.

It isn't North Korea, Iran, China or any other scape goat. It is an direct action to force an emergency production restriction to benefit select national and oil industry interests.

Would any one garner to guess how much in taxes the State loses when the oil price drops in half? 170 dollar per barrel of oil to 70 dollars per barrel? Is it any wonder that on the verge of national bankruptcy that the parasites who gain their whole existence from government force and fraud would not take the matter into their own hands? Especially seeing how politicians are nearly politically impotent as of late?

The climate and energy bills waffling around right now were the wish lists of industry welfarists. They want their special protections and they want it bad.

Brian4Liberty
05-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Oil is natural, organic, and biodegradable—if I may use greenspeak—and it will all go away.

That applies to just about everything. It's the concentration that's important (and how long it takes to degrade). Perhaps Lew wouldn't mind his house being filled with sewage? It's natural, organic, and biodegradable.

Baptist
05-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I kinda think Weatherbill might be onto something with his Sept. 2010 west-coast earthquake prediction. I'm not usually big on prophesies, but he posted his thread months and months before the levels of seismic activity dramatically rose worldwide.

ROFL that would be crazy if he was right. I bumped his thread a month or two ago.

awake
05-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally oil was collected from the surface and bubbled up from the ground. The Ignorant of course would not know this. Drilling came later.

awake
05-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Alfafa Murray (Wild Bill)

"Murray's most vivid use of the military was in restraining oil production. Because of the vast quantity of newly opened wells in Texas and Oklahoma, oil prices had sunk below the costs of production. Murray and three other governors met in Fort Worth, Texas to demand lower production. When the Oklahoma producers did not comply, on August 4, 1931, Murray called out the Guard, declared martial law, and ordered that some 3,000 oil wells be shut down.

By the end of his administration in 1935, Murray had called out the National Guard forty-seven times and had declared martial law over thirty times. He did not seek re-election in 1934. Murray left office on January 15, 1935."

Certain elements in the oil industry itself asked the government to shoot and kill other producers help out the oil industry as a whole.

With Obama granting more offshore drilling, it wasn't a concession to buy support, it was a threat to force compliance.

Griffith
05-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Ron Paul talks about conspiracy nuts here 3:48

YouTube - End the Fed | Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwHdSl1ASbA)

awake
05-01-2010, 02:04 PM
I think Ron Paul has a soft spot for conspiracy nuts... they helped him get the message out.