PDA

View Full Version : Why I offically dropped out of my Ron Paul Meetup group.

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 05:39 PM
This is the fucking email I get when I don't think we as Ron Paul supporters should all hold hands with co-opted Tea Party crapping on our progress:

"Marc it's s bit unrealistic for you to stand on principles while your country is being take over. I don't think recall is being attempted because we feel it is in fact unconstitutional. We all have a right question our government. I'm sorry you feel that Tea Party's are bad. You don't even practice a civil disobedience. It's your way of not having to do anything. No civic duty, what that about? I'm for the rule of law and I don't believe a recall is going to hurt your movement which is not only yours but mine too. What would say if they find the recall perfectly constitutional and the Sen. is removed? I applaud your libertarian stance & I identify with it but you are not making headway. Certainly blaming other events, like recalls, is not the answer. It's just scapegoating for the lack of Libertarian success. We should try to come together for our country.

Fuck. This. Prick.

Nothing but a group of fucking coffee shop activists.

RonPaulCult
04-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Is your Ron Paul group just one person?

cswake
04-29-2010, 05:47 PM
It's your time and you're doing the hard work - ultimately it's your call.

However, I'd argue you don't have to compromise your principles to work with the co-opted side of the Tea Party as long as you do it on an issue-by-issue basis. For example, Ron Paul worked with Alan Grayson on the Audit the Fed bill.

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Is your Ron Paul group just one person?

This guy speaks for the group of scumbags. Believe me. They sit at meetings and go along with whatever he says. I've been in a nice little e-mail battle with all of them all day.

They believe even if the recall in Jersey is an Unconstitutional movement we should go ahead with anyway. Yea, that won't make us hypocrites. So in the future anytime we attack someone for being Unconstitutional, we get this thrown in our face.

I'm disgusted today. Can't believe these people attach their names to Dr. Paul.

JK/SEA
04-29-2010, 05:51 PM
BE the R3VOLUTION.

For example: I had my teeth cleaned the other day, and while sitting in the chair, the Hygenist mentioned a few things in the political sense, and i replied that there are answers to these current problems, and he said...what?...my answer...RON PAUL. And the gates were opened.

I do this whenever and wherever the opportunity strikes without fail.

Baby steps are turning into giant steps. People are waking up.

Keep at it. And by the way, i to have stepped away from meet-ups, and i'm very selective of what meetings i do go to. There is always something you can do to further the cause.

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 05:56 PM
It's your time and you're doing the hard work - ultimately it's your call.

However, I'd argue you don't have to compromise your principles to work with the co-opted side of the Tea Party as long as you do it on an issue-by-issue basis. For example, Ron Paul worked with Alan Grayson on the Audit the Fed bill.

I agree. But I don't practice civil disobedience because I don't attend Tea Party rallies? :rolleyes: Not one of these fuckers would stand up to federal thugs.

I'm just personally offended. And it also makes me wonder how much of this watering down of the Liberty movement is going around the country.

Dr. Paul didn't compromise anything. Grayson jumped on his bandwagon. This is the opposite. Jump on the angry, bitter, McCain voter bandwagon because they are too lazy to start anything themselves.

Fair-weather activists?:cool:

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
BE the R3VOLUTION.

For example: I had my teeth cleaned the other day, and while sitting in the chair, the Hygenist mentioned a few things in the political sense, and i replied that there are answers to these current problems, and he said...what?...my answer...RON PAUL. And the gates were opened.

I do this whenever and wherever the opportunity strikes without fail.

Baby steps are turning into giant steps. People are waking up.

Keep at it. And by the way, i to have stepped away from meet-ups, and i'm very selective of what meetings i do go to. There is always something you can do to further the cause.

Individual activism is how we make progress. Like your example. This just reeks of collectivism.

The first line really set me off.

ARealConservative
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I agree. But I don't practice civil disobedience because I don't attend Tea Party rallies? :rolleyes: Not one of these fuckers would stand up to federal thugs.

I'm just personally offended. And it also makes me wonder how much of this watering down of the Liberty movement is going around the country.

Dr. Paul didn't compromise anything. Grayson jumped on his bandwagon. This is the opposite. Jump on the angry, bitter, McCain voter bandwagon because they are too lazy to start anything themselves.

Fair-weather activists?:cool:

Dr Paul compromises all the time. For instance, he does not endorse liberty candidates that are running against incumbents. That is a clear compromise he has made with the GOP.

tangent4ronpaul
04-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Go to Meetup and start a group.
Search locally and near you for people "interested in joining a RP meetup". You will find them.

-t

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Dr Paul compromises all the time. For instance, he does not endorse liberty candidates that are running against incumbents. That is a clear compromise he has made with the GOP.

I understand. But there has to be a line for us individuals. Some of us have to be pure with our stances, because then what is left?

I'm talking about grassroots. I find it insulting when a bunch of people that meet at diners once a month, then email each other think they can pass judge on me.

They like the idea of the Tea Party. What it now stands for matters little to them.

ARealConservative
04-29-2010, 06:22 PM
I understand. But there has to be a line for us individuals. Some of us have to be pure with our stances, because then what is left?

I'm talking about grassroots. I find it insulting when a bunch of people that meet at diners once a month, then email each other think they can pass judge on me.

They like the idea of the Tea Party. What it now stands for matters little to them.

the line for me is if they are willing to support liberty candidates.

If they do, but once we lose a primary, they go the lesser of two evils approach and vote for some neo-con, then I'm not burning bridges with them! I don't join them, but I don't shun them either.

This thing is not a sprint.

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Go to Meetup and start a group.
Search locally and near you for people "interested in joining a RP meetup". You will find them.

-t

I'll do that.

This thing is not a sprint.

I agree. And some of these people are willing to sacrifice for results now, no matter how watered down they are.

RM918
04-29-2010, 06:48 PM
What, there's a Jersey recall? I think I haven't been paying enough attention to local politics.

EDIT: Menendez, eh? I find it hard to be sympathetic to him, at the least.

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 06:52 PM
What, there's a Jersey recall? I think I haven't been paying enough attention to local politics.

The Tea Party wants to recall Menendez. He is hiding behind the Constitution. My fellow Ron Paul supporters don't seem to care if its Constitutional or not at the federal level. They don't see the danger of doing so.

Southron
04-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Who are they trying to recall? And why might it be unconstitutional there?

Edit. Beat me to it.

Distinguished Gentleman
04-29-2010, 07:53 PM
This reminds of members of church congregations separating into fragments over disputes regarding scripture, traditions, etc. At the end of the day, you have large overarching themes and policies in which you could achieve much more together.

Regarding the recall dispute. Serious legalist are going to be outnumbered wherever you go. Absolute fidelity to the constitution is really only the domain of our small corner of the internet. In the real world, the large majority, even good people, are guided by their emotions and their alliances to groups. It's just the reality of human nature. Yes, you should voice your displeasure. It just sounds like you are burning bridges with people whom are the closest thing you'll get to real life ideological allies. Just treat the group for what it is, a loose affiliation of people who identified with enough of Paul's ideas to join a group named after him.

If nothing else join or start a Liberty on the Rocks group. (http://www.libertyontherocks.com/) Joining a group based on political advocacy alone without making any social bonds strikes me as a formula for ideological fissures, not to mention less fun.

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=Distinguished Gentleman;2671941]This reminds of members of church congregations separating into fragments over disputes regarding scripture, traditions, etc. At the end of the day, you have large overarching themes and policies in which you could achieve much more together.

Regarding the recall dispute. Serious legalist are going to be outnumbered wherever you go. Absolute fidelity to the constitution is really only the domain of our small corner of the internet. In the real world, the large majority, even good people, are guided by their emotions and their alliances to groups. It's just the reality of human nature. Yes, you should voice your displeasure. It just sounds like you are burning bridges with people whom are the closest thing you'll get to real life ideological allies. Just treat the group for what it is, a loose affiliation of people who identified with enough of Paul's ideas to join a group named after him. /QUOTE]

When I pointed out that their favorite Tea Party ran 2 candidates against Dr. Paul, it was news to them. All it takes to join a group is a click of a mouse. Their understanding of what he stands for is limited. And they don't want to be educated by a 23 year old kid. Fair-weather supporters.

I agree that most people are guided by emotions. This all started because I was just playing Devil's Advocate. Wanted to make sure they knew what could happen if we as Ron Paul supporters got behind a movement that may not be Constitutional.

Burning bridges are fine when the material their made of is poison.

Stary Hickory
04-29-2010, 08:40 PM
It's a minor squabble, don't just go away and surrender the group to incorrect principles. I would love to see that scumbag recalled but if it's not correct according to the constitution then fine, can't do it.

Inflation
04-29-2010, 09:14 PM
According to Dr. Paul's marching orders, our number one job is to "Have Fun!"

If you're not having fun, you are doing it wrong.

http://www.adrinael.net/wrong10.jpg

mczerone
04-29-2010, 09:27 PM
This is the fucking email I get when I don't think we as Ron Paul supporters should all hold hands with co-opted Tea Party crapping on our progress:

"Marc it's s bit unrealistic for you to stand on principles while your country is being take over. I don't think recall is being attempted because we feel it is in fact unconstitutional. We all have a right question our government. I'm sorry you feel that Tea Party's are bad. You don't even practice a civil disobedience. It's your way of not having to do anything. No civic duty, what that about? I'm for the rule of law and I don't believe a recall is going to hurt your movement which is not only yours but mine too. What would say if they find the recall perfectly constitutional and the Sen. is removed? I applaud your libertarian stance & I identify with it but you are not making headway. Certainly blaming other events, like recalls, is not the answer. It's just scapegoating for the lack of Libertarian success. We should try to come together for our country.

Fuck. This. Prick.

Nothing but a group of fucking coffee shop activists.

Really?

(1) I'm assuming that you copied and pasted that, because of the number of incomplete sentences and grammatical mistakes.

(2) "our country is being take over" [sic]: really? Did this guy not have a problem with Bush? The last 100 years of political leadership has been nothing but the same welfare/warfare crap.

(3) Is he trying to say that "Tea Party's" [sic] are more than just choir-preaching rallies, and are a form of civil disobedience? It seems to me that they are perfectly obedient little soirees that are asking for a lighter hand from master.

(4) I don't know about the recall effort, but it doesn't sound like taking a job from one guy and having a new vote will do anything for Liberty in general, or any Ron Paul related effort. You're better off spending time volunteering with a charity group and talking to new people, throwing in nuggets of liberty whenever they complain than working with this meet-up for any political ends.

(5) If you want real activists, try NH.