PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on Sarah Palin?

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 04:09 PM
What is your opinion of Sarah Palin?
Mine is 'very unfavorable'.
My personal opinion is Palin is a trojan horse from the establishment to undermine Ron Paul and freedom movement he is leading.
She has infiltrated Tea party movement to water down the message of libery, freedom, and constitution (what Ron Paul stands for) and replace it with big government, endless war neocon propaganda.
Let me point out just a few things about her although it's just a tip of iceberg.
1) She had an Israeli flag hanging in her office while she was the governor of Alaska.
2) During the 2008 campaign, she canceled the important event more than once to meet with AIPAC people.
3) Recently, during the Fox interview (Chris Wallace), she said America should start war vs. Iran to show our support of Israel. She said she'd like to see Obama taking that action.
So, in my opinion, she has a messed up priority, to put it very, very mildly.
She puts Israeli interest before American interest to pursue her selfish greed.
She's doing the bid of AIPAC, Israeli lobbyists and Military Industrial Complex to an extreme.
Her foreign policy is 100% pure neocon warmongering propaganda.
Basically Palin is Dick Cheney on steroid.
To be completely honest with you, I THINK PALIN IS A BORDERLINE TRAITOR BECAUSE SHE HAS PUT A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT'S INTEREST BEFORE OURS.
AIPAC and all the lobbyists for Israel adore her because of that.
Palin is a polar opposite of what our great stateman Ron Paul stands for.
Sarah 'Miss World War III' Palin should be stopped for America and for humanity.

tremendoustie
04-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I don't think you're going to find much love for Palin's politics here. She's a warmonger, and a neocon. She's got nothing to do with liberty in any meaningful way.

lester1/2jr
04-29-2010, 04:23 PM
I voted unfavorable. I think she is what she is and she is making a career of sorts for herself as this sort of de facto leader if not candidate for republicans. I wish more people would do that instead of run for office!

at the same time, you have to have some sort of intellectual heft to any kind of movement and she really lacks that. You don't have to be Ron Paul but you gotta have something, some sort of consistency.

I am really thankful for that katie couric interview. If only she had interviewed bush in 2000 we might be in a better place today

BuddyRey
04-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Very Unfavorable - she's all flash and no substance. More than a year after she first arrived on the national scene, I still have no idea what her actual political philosophy is, besides very vague and generalized statements about smaller government and lower taxes. I just don't see anything special or different about her.

ViniVidiVici
04-29-2010, 04:27 PM
I like her for all the enemies she's made but I could never vote for someone like her.

RedStripe
04-29-2010, 04:27 PM
One of the dumbest people I have ever heard speak in my entire life.

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 04:29 PM
I am really thankful for that katie couric interview.
I couldn't agree with you more.
Can you imagine what America'd be like if she got elected?
We might be in a full-scale war vs. Iran by now, for one thing!
:eek:

Fozz
04-29-2010, 04:31 PM
My opinion of her is neutral to slightly negative.

I would never vote for Palin, mostly because of her profound ignorance on foreign policy.

Dreamofunity
04-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Indifferent to negative.

Inflation
04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
I see lots of negativity here, with no positive suggestions.

How else are we going to get rid of Obama in 2012?

What's the alternative to Sarah Palin?

Would you rather have two Obama terms than one Palin term?

purplechoe
04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/palin-kissinger.jpg

http://neoneocon.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/palinkiss.jpg

http://mikepiperreport.com/Articles_Archive/AmericanFreePress/AFP2008_07-12/Art/AFP_20081103.p16__Sarah_Palin_and_William_Kristol. jpg

http://www.politicallore.com/images/GOP_Sinking_Ship.jpg

RedStripe
04-29-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.politicallore.com/images/GOP_Sinking_Ship.jpg

That's actually a good reason to like her....

RedStripe
04-29-2010, 05:18 PM

If those are the only choices, absolutely.

FreeTraveler
04-29-2010, 05:20 PM
OMG, people! Wake up! Sarah Palin is undoubtedly the biggest threat the liberty movement has seen in decades. She's wrapping Theocracy and Empire in a small-government wrapper, and selling it to OUR BEST CUSTOMERS!

Ron Paul needs to get out there and duke it out with her for leadership of the movement. She gets way too much press, and she's polishing her image for OUR BEST CUSTOMERS!

The Theocrat/libertarian split in the tea parties is obvious, and if we lose that battle, we're done for our lifetime.

Obama is what he is; his transparency makes him a manageable concern. Palin is the worst trojan horse in the history of government.

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 05:22 PM

What do you think will happen under Sarah Palin presidency?
How about a full-scale war vs. Iran (for a start) "to show our support of Israel" (Palin's words, NOT mine)?

Fozz
04-29-2010, 05:25 PM

I highly discourage anyone here from developing an "Anybody But Obama" mentality.

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 05:26 PM
OMG, people! Wake up! Sarah Palin is undoubtedly the biggest threat the liberty movement has seen in decades. She's wrapping Theocracy and Empire in a small-government wrapper, and selling it to OUR BEST CUSTOMERS!...... Palin is the worst trojan horse in the history of government.
You summed up Sarah Palin more accurately than myself!

Natalie
04-29-2010, 05:30 PM

Ron Paul!! duh :rolleyes:

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 05:34 PM
The Theocrat/libertarian split in the tea parties is obvious, and if we lose that battle, we're done for our lifetime.
THAT is the reason why I posted this poll. And that is the reason why I am trying to talk to as many people as possible regarding what's truly going on in Tea party movement. We CANNOT lose this battle because the stake is too high.

Natalie
04-29-2010, 05:35 PM
I'd love to see Palin and Paul in a debate. He'd totally wipe the floor with her.

Golding
04-29-2010, 05:37 PM

Would you rather have two Obama terms than one Palin term?Negativity is warranted when asked an opinion of a politician without many positive qualities. Palin is simply vapid. When it comes to someone with such little breadth of thought, she becomes easily misinformed and steered in the wrong direction. It was already seen in her brief fame as McCain's candidate. She will surrender freedom for her success in the blink of an eye.

Palin offers zero chance of getting rid of Obama in 2010. She embodies the stupidity that everyone remembers with Bush. There are liberty candidates that will likely emerge in the coming years, but you'll have to look for them. the newz may not eagerly report them, just as they didn't report Ron Paul very much in 2008.

I would rather have neither of 2 Obama terms nor 1 Palin term. I'd vote for neither.

pcosmar
04-29-2010, 05:39 PM
If you have to ask,, you really don't understand.

ClayTrainor
04-29-2010, 05:41 PM
She's a pretty solid MILF, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about her.

Chieppa1
04-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Fuck Sarah Palin. Did anyone here vote to make her Tea Party leader?

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 05:46 PM
she's a pretty solid milf, but that's about the only positive thing i can say about her.
lololol.
:d

BuddyRey
04-29-2010, 05:48 PM

The answer to both questions is Ron Paul.

Southron
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
My opinion is that she was a nobody governor from Alaska that the Republican establishment thought they could use but it didn't work out.

I am indifferent to her really.

Edit: Not sure why everyone here hates her so much. I really don't see her as a threat. The establishment dumped her when McCain starting going down.

Inflation
04-29-2010, 06:03 PM
I highly discourage anyone here from developing an "Anybody But Obama" mentality.

Good idea. (And that applies to "Anybody But Palin" as well.)

Too late.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bBreQW26u04/SMqfmuzNW4I/AAAAAAAAAAc/R5z5vvFSGVQ/S600/palin+crowd.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XckT2h8g80s/SxH-Qw7ALKI/AAAAAAAAARQ/uzsvq5dDeec/s1600/c4p+bestseller+governor.jpg

http://muddlingtowardmaturity.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c511153ef010535d5fc20970c-800wi

dean.engelhardt
04-29-2010, 06:19 PM

Did you happen to notice this is a Ron Paul forum? Please place palm on face now.

JCF
04-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Not a lover nor hater of hers... 2012? Fuck that. I wouldn't even vote for her to be my rep.

silus
04-29-2010, 06:55 PM

You sound like you would prefer another Bush term if you could have it... People are here because they are done playing the game of going back and forth between two forced options.

RM918
04-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Palin would be just as bad as Obama. Nothing will change, tyranny will merely keep coming in a slightly different color.

nbhadja
04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
i see lots of negativity here, with no positive suggestions.

How else are we going to get rid of obama in 2012?

What's the alternative to sarah palin?

Would you rather have two obama terms than one palin term?

palin is a liberal and no different than obama.

FreeTraveler
04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
At least with Obama, people's common sense seems to be kicking in. Let Palin get in office and start invoking the bible, and a lot of people who are incensed now will be turning their brains back off and getting back in line.

FreeTraveler
04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Palin is by no means a liberal, in either the modern or classical sense. She is a theocrat, the most dangerous of all politicians.

tremendoustie
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm open minded, but as far as I can tell, the only republican that has any shot at the nomination that I could vote for in the general, is Ron Paul. If he doesn't get nominated, I expect to vote third party.

.Tom
04-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Palin is worse than Obama because with Obama we already know he's another statist - with Palin all the neocon teabaggers will suddenly think everything's okay and small government because she's doing it.

I'm definitely voting Libertarian or not at all if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination.

brandon
04-29-2010, 08:42 PM
She seems like a nice lady, and she's hot.

I also do not think she is a sociopath like 99% of the political elite.

That said I completely disagree with her politics and think she is kind of dumb

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Palin is worse than Obama because with Obama we already know he's another statist - with Palin all the neocon teabaggers will suddenly think everything's okay and small government because she's doing it.
Yes, neocon voters will vote for Palin believing what they are getting is small government.
It's just the same with Obama in 2008 that liberal/progressive voters were voting for Obama believing what they are getting is ending the Iraq war and peace.
Both of the assumptions/expectations were/are totally wrong.
Our only hope is Ron Paul.
We have to do whatever it takes to persuade Ron Paul to run again.

Brett
04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I voted favorable. She doesn't have enough political experience to run anything, but as a talking head she's definitely more good than harm. Although I'm a Catholic, so I don't mind her theocratic stances on some of the issues. I can see why someone who isn't religious wouldn't like her.

RonPaulwillWin
04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
^^ Well said...and this is coming from an atheist. That's what I love about RPF's

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 09:03 PM
I voted favorable. She doesn't have enough political experience to run anything, but as a talking head she's definitely more good than harm. Although I'm a Catholic, so I don't mind her theocratic stances on some of the issues. I can see why someone who isn't religious wouldn't like her.
I don't think all the people who criticize her as being a theocrat are necessarily doing so because they do not like religion.
During 2007 christmas season, Ron Paul had an interview regarding Huckabee and christmas ad.
What Ron Paul said was, although he is a believer but doesn't want to overtly expressing it for PR or photo-op and etc.
Ron Paul quoted from one of this favorite books that when a fascism comes to this country, it will come wrapped up with a cross.
Does that mean Ron Paul hates religion?
No, that means although Ron Paul is a pious baptist, he doesn't want to use it for his political advantage (like Sarah Palin is doing right now).
The man drips integrity all over his body unlike 99.99% of other politicians.

Brett
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
That's what I love about RPF's
Me too. It's great to have so many people I can agree with, or respectfully disagree with. Either one is always fine with me.

Ron Paul quoted from one of this favorite books that when a fascism comes to this country, it will come wrapped up with a cross.
Does that mean Ron Paul hates religion?
No, that means although Ron Paul is a pious baptist, he doesn't want to use it for his political advantage (like Sarah Palin is doing right now).
The man drips integrity all over his body unlike 99.99% of other politicians.

The actual quote is wrapped in an American flag carrying a cross, not just the religious part. And I'm not against Ron Paul, or his position on invoking religion in government. But personally, if Palin somehow became president none of my rights would be violated, so I don't mind her.

Why do you think she's doing it for political advantage?

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Me too. It's great to have so many people I can agree with, or respectfully disagree with. Either one is always fine with me.

The actual quote is wrapped in an American flag carrying a cross, not just the religious part. And I'm not against Ron Paul, or his position on invoking religion in government. But personally, if Palin somehow became president none of my rights would be violated, so I don't mind her.

Why do you think she's doing it for political advantage?
Yes, I think your quote is more accurate. (I didn't double check the interview)
My bad.
And regarding your question that why I think she's doing it for political advantage is, in America, two things always sell.
They are sex and religion.
They never fail to sell.
;)

Fozz
04-29-2010, 09:26 PM
She's a pretty solid MILF, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about her.

Yep, pretty much.

Fozz
04-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Fuck Sarah Palin. Did anyone here vote to make her Tea Party leader?

I know many guys here want to :D

Imaginos
04-29-2010, 09:27 PM
But personally, if Palin somehow became president none of my rights would be violated, so I don't mind her.

I am not quite sure about that part.
Through out the human history, when a theocrat hold power, unpredictable things/policies had happened/imposed.

dean.engelhardt
04-30-2010, 04:51 AM
I also do not think she is a sociopath like 99% of the political elite.

What part of military empire building is not socilpathic? She wants to go to war with Iran to support the troops????:confused:

Stupid does not equal harmless in this case. She also wrecked the budget in each position she held.

ninepointfive
04-30-2010, 08:15 AM
My opinion is that she was a nobody governor from Alaska that the Republican establishment thought they could use but it didn't work out.

I am indifferent to her really.

Edit: Not sure why everyone here hates her so much. I really don't see her as a threat. The establishment dumped her when McCain starting going down.

ha! What's your idea of establishment? Shes been in the news and was(is?) constantly on the tabloids!

JohnEngland
04-30-2010, 08:27 AM
I voted favorable. I've read Going Rogue, I know who she is, how the media smeared and lied about her. She's a decent person. Sure, she's no Ron Paul, but she's a good human being.

TC95
04-30-2010, 08:31 AM

I'm thinkin' Ron Paul.

TC95
04-30-2010, 08:33 AM
I voted "very unfavorable" because she's a neocon warmonger. Nuff said.

Southron
04-30-2010, 08:37 AM
ha! What's your idea of establishment? Shes been in the news and was(is?) constantly on the tabloids!

John McCain. I think if you saw her win the primaries, you would see the establishment Republicans silently withdraw support much like you saw with Barry Goldwater.

Anyway, it is Mitt Romney's turn is it not?

RM918
04-30-2010, 08:54 AM
I voted favorable. I've read Going Rogue, I know who she is, how the media smeared and lied about her. She's a decent person. Sure, she's no Ron Paul, but she's a good human being.

I don't care about her being a 'good human being'. The personality smears mean nothing to me. She could be the devil incarnate or she could be mother Theresa, all I care about are her policies. And as far as I've seen, her differences with Bush are slim to none.

She's the Obama of the right. People with him only cared about 'change' and how 'intellectual' he was and how great his speeches were. With Palin, all the care about is her 'common sense conservatism', how 'American' she is and her down hominess. They are completely unconcerned that both of their policies, no matter how you wrap them up, are simply more of the same in a pretty package. They're both unabashedly for the status quo, except in the case of giving us more wars and more statism.

EN81
04-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Unlike Dr. Paul, Palin is no intellectual. She has no consistent ideology, no knowledge of the economy, and she rarely speaks about ideas. She is, however, extremely goofy and keeps making a fool of herself. She has little integrity, and represents the worst elements of the Tea Party movement.

.Tom
04-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Stupid ≠ harmless. Just look at George Bush.

FreeTraveler
04-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Stupid ≠ harmless. Just look at George Bush.
Amen... and I'm not religious. :D

lester1/2jr
04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
she was the republicans attempt to energize the base the way the dems did with obama.

the turning point was at obamas dem convention acceptence speech when he layed out this really dry plan with all these facts and people were like okay he has some substance. Palin still hasn't made that speech because she can't.

more to the point: it's just american idol politics. people like her because she's a good candidate. that's it. I doubt any of her followers even know her various contradictory positions on anything.

too her supporters: was the katie couric interview a "smear"? if so the word is REALLY being misused here

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I'll give her this much, she's easy on the eyes (especially when she lets her hair down), but she's a neocon, warmongering twat. In other words, she's poison.

Andrew-Austin
04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
In addition to what others have said, she strikes me as just another politician, a cauldron of personality and rhetoric lacking any degree of depth or substance.

Old Ducker
04-30-2010, 01:07 PM

Do you think Hannity is a "good human being" too?

Brett
04-30-2010, 01:38 PM
And regarding your question that why I think she's doing it for political advantage is, in America, two things always sell.
They are sex and religion.
They never fail to sell.
Ironic combination there :p

She's been a Christian her entire life. In her teens she convinced her entire family (4+ siblings and religious parents) to convert to a religion that she felt represented them more. She doesn't pervert Christianity to fit her political views like some other people do. She talks about religion and interventionism, but never defends it with religion. She may on moral issues, where it makes sense, though.

I am not quite sure about that part.
Through out the human history, when a theocrat hold power, unpredictable things/policies had happened/imposed.
I'm not sure how following the Bible is unpredictable. With her she'd follow the Bible or the Constitution, and either one would be fine by me.

BlackTerrel
04-30-2010, 01:57 PM
THAT is the reason why I posted this poll. And that is the reason why I am trying to talk to as many people as possible regarding what's truly going on in Tea party movement. We CANNOT lose this battle because the stake is too high.

You're taking your argument to the wrong place. Obviously most people on this forum will agree with you.

Inflation
05-01-2010, 07:39 PM

You are focused on isolating, ridiculing, and destroying Gov. Palin.

Dr. Paul says he prefers to debate issues, principles, and philosophy.

Can you spot the difference?

:confused:

Aratus
05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
BP just bobbled the momentum of sarah palin's "drill, baby, drill" even so...

M House
05-02-2010, 12:51 PM
This thread makes me wonder, I mean she's not that hot. I guess she's much more attractive than Pelosi or Hillary, but common with minimal effort you could find a woman who looked better than her and was smarter with way better views. She's attractive only if you compare her to a few other female politicians. Considering how fugly some politicians are, I mean why is she the center piece here of anything?

Slutter McGee
05-02-2010, 12:59 PM
This thread makes me wonder, I mean she's not that hot. I guess she's much more attractive than Pelosi or Hillary, but common with minimal effort you could find a woman who looked better than her and was smarter with way better views. She's attractive only if you compare her to a few other female politicians. Considering how fugly some politicians are, I mean why is she the center piece here of anything?

Are fucking kidding? She is a babe. Now that isn't to say that she would be my first second or third choice for president, but come now, for a woman with that many kids, she is a hottie.

Now to the real issue. Favorability. I am not really sure. She has shown some "balls" to come out in support of Rand Paul. She seems to have no problem throwing a wrench into the mechanics of the establishment Republican Party. She speaks her mind, and I think she is honest.

At the same time, she backs the interventionist policies of the last two administrations. I think of Palin much like I do of Kucinich. I respect her because I think she is honest, but I am not sure I could ever vote with her because of the disagreements I have with her on policy.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Sentient Void
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
I'd tap that sweet ass.

But that's about it.

"UNFAVORABLE"

M House
05-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I still don't know what I can say positive about her, but she's hotter than Michele Bachmann. I'm doing alittle bit of boring research, and I'd say congress is rather hot chick deficient. I mean do we elect hot chicks? You could probably pick some girl outta the Miss America pageant and she'd be smarter and obviously better looking.

lester1/2jr
05-02-2010, 01:31 PM
I find michelle bachman attractive actually. but not palin

ClayTrainor
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I find michelle bachman attractive actually. but not palin

Both are solid MILFS, imo.

Imaginos
05-02-2010, 01:43 PM
You are focused on isolating, ridiculing, and destroying Gov. Palin.

Dr. Paul says he prefers to debate issues, principles, and philosophy.

Can you spot the difference?

:confused:
Palin is infiltrating into Tea party movement.
She's MISLEADING millions of good people from the cause of liberty/freedom/constitution (what Ron Paul stands for) to same old warmongering neocon propaganda.
SHE'S DESTROYING US FROM WITHIN!
Cancer should be stopped before it destroys its host and I see Palin as nothing more than a cancer.
I'm sorry if my blunt assessment on Palin hurts your feeling but I have to speak up because I truly believe she's a cancer from the establishment.

M House
05-02-2010, 01:44 PM
But the tea party needs tits...

lester1/2jr
05-02-2010, 02:10 PM
bachman is more cerebral and approachable

purplechoe
05-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Palin is to conservatism what Obama is to liberalism..

Same shit, different asshole...

http://www.jamesmaurer.com/images/obama-palin-dancing.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/05/article-0-02E4973800000578-807_468x312.jpg

Fozz
05-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Sarah Palin is not Dick Cheney in a dress. Cheney is supporting Trey Grayson.

Brett
05-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Palin is infiltrating into Tea party movement.
No, the people who infiltrated it invited her.

Inflation
05-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Sarah Palin is not Dick Cheney in a dress. Cheney is supporting Trey Grayson.

Nice try, but your facts and logic have no place here.

These haters don't think, they just come here to emote and vent their ugly feelings.

Nothing can treat their Chronic Palin Derangement.

Best to leave them alone, and let them cry themselves to sleep.

Maybe they won't be such cranky babies after a good nappy-poo.

speciallyblend
05-03-2010, 09:12 PM
YouTube - SARAH PALIN - IN HER OWN WORDS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw3aFz0kwRs)

palin the woman who couldn't finish her own term and used lawsuits as the reason!!
crap crap crap crap crap crap. palin is her own worse enemy. the folks following this woman are basically brainwashed folks of some sort!!!

nice to see 75% at least in rpf understand that palin should never be trusted!!!

palin spammers must not be online!!

RM918
05-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice try, but your facts and logic have no place here.

These haters don't think, they just come here to emote and vent their ugly feelings.

Nothing can treat their Chronic Palin Derangement.

Best to leave them alone, and let them cry themselves to sleep.

Maybe they won't be such cranky babies after a good nappy-poo.

On what issues, exactly, does she differ with Bush?

I don't care about how smart Palin is. I don't care about how hot she is, I don't care about how many beauty contests she won, I don't care how many moose she's shot, I don't care about her kids and I don't care about her personality. All I care about are her stances on the issues, and from what I've seen, she's far closer to George Bush than us.

Inflation
05-04-2010, 01:40 AM
On what issues, exactly, does she differ with Bush?

I don't care about how smart Palin is. I don't care about how hot she is, I don't care about how many beauty contests she won, I don't care how many moose she's shot, I don't care about her kids and I don't care about her personality. All I care about are her stances on the issues, and from what I've seen, she's far closer to George Bush than us.

That's an interesting question! Thanks for rising above the infantile nonsense of the haters to pose it.

A quick Google reveals:

Perry/Palin vs. Hutchison/Bush: End of things, new beginnings (http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/152-uncategorized/77325-perrypalin-vs-hutchisonbush-end-of-things-new-beginnings)

The Austin American-Statesman reports that former President George H.W. Bush will endorse Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison in the Republican primary for governor in her race against Rick Perry. Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Margaret Spellings and Karen Hughes also support Hutchison.

Sarah Palin: George Bush In Lipstick? (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/07/sarah-palin-george-bush-i_n_124654.html)
A core Democratic talking point against Sarah Palin is beginning to take shape: she is, critics say, the female counterpart of the current President of the United States, not only in terms of policy and social conservatism, but even personality.

"She's not a pitbull in lipstick," said one female Democratic operative, referencing a line from Palin's convention speech. "She's George Bush in lipstick."

From her hard-right stances on abortion and contraception and the deep affection she engenders from conservative evangelical leaders, to her involvement in a possible "abuse of power" scandal in Alaska and even her charming demeanor, some see in Palin the second coming of the 43rd president.

Sarah Palin Slams Bailouts in Hong Kong Speech (http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/09/23/sarah-palin-slams-bailouts-in-hong-kong-speech/)
On the bailouts, she said, "It sends the message that the bigger that you are, the more problems that you get yourself into, the more likely the government is to bail you out." She added, "Of course the little guys are left out then. We're left holding the bag, all the moms and pops all over America."

Palin also criticized the role of the Federal Reserve in overseeing financial markets. "How can we think that setting up the Fed as monitor of systemic risk in the financial sector will result in meaningful reform?" she said. "The words 'fox' and 'henhouse' come to mind."

fatjohn
05-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Anyway, it is Mitt Romney's turn is it not?

Mmh, Haven't seen him attending a bilderberg meeting yet...

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 05:34 AM
nice to see only about 8% are brainwashed!!

Inflation
05-04-2010, 12:13 PM

Dude, you know that Todd (Alaskan Independence Party) and his snow racing buddies probably grow and smoke out in the woods where nobody can catch them, right?

http://www.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/Alaska_Independence_Party.jpg

You know that Wasilla is right next to Matanuska, right?

http://fadedfools.com/medical_marijuana/matanuska_mist.jpg

Chill out on Palin. She's almost one of us, so why freak out over the minority of issues where we disagree?

RM918
05-04-2010, 02:38 PM
That's an interesting question! Thanks for rising above the infantile nonsense of the haters to pose it.

A quick Google reveals:

I'm seeing nothing about policies in there, except that ONE speech in Hong Kong she made ages ago, and wasn't she for the bailouts before she was against them?

Inflation
05-04-2010, 04:33 PM
The "one" Hong Kong speech wasn't "ages" ago. You're just trying to minimize its importance.

Would it make you happy if Palin repeated her HK speech every day, just so you don't have to whine about how it was only the "ONE" "old" speech? *rolls eyes*

Gov Palin came out against bailouts and the Fed in that speech.

No wonder you grasp at straws, trying to escape the implications.

I'll take Michele Bachmann and Rand Paul's opinion over yours.

RM918
05-04-2010, 05:12 PM
The "one" Hong Kong speech wasn't "ages" ago. You're just trying to minimize its importance.

Would it make you happy if Palin repeated her HK speech every day, just so you don't have to whine about how it was only the "ONE" "old" speech? *rolls eyes*

Gov Palin came out against bailouts and the Fed in that speech.

No wonder you grasp at straws, trying to escape the implications.

I'll take Michele Bachmann and Rand Paul's opinion over yours.

Whining? She made one freaking speech that MAYBE put her in opposition to Bush's policies on one thing after he did it. You give me one speech she made and then call me unreasonable when I'd like more proof about her policy differences to Bush?

You're also acting like a dick when I'm trying to approach this amicably. This might be a good reason why no-one listens to you.

charrob
05-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I see lots of negativity here, with no positive suggestions. .... Would you rather have two Obama terms than one Palin term?

yep.

Brett
05-04-2010, 05:48 PM

I'd rather think for myself and come up with a different answer than 92% then to bash Palin just to fit in.

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I'd rather think for myself and come up with a different answer than 92% then to bash Palin just to fit in.

hmm it says unfavorable, that is not bashing. that is saying unfavorable!!! if the pro-palin folks want to take that as bashing. i would say the best basher is palin herself speaking!! i am just glad over 80% of rpf isn't buying the palin bs. no one is bashing palin. we just say she is unfavorable!!

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 06:43 PM

haha,no one is trying to fit in, the best thing for palin is to remove her from tv and for her to shut up. she bashes herself everytime she opens her mouth!! no one is trying to fit in. we just find palin unfavorable!! at least 8% fit in;) haha

i actually voted very unfavorable thinking i would be the 8% , i was for sure the palin bot lovers would have spammed this poll. i am glad over 80% are not buying the palin bs!! that is not bashing!!

speciallyblend
05-04-2010, 06:47 PM

ok here is a positive suggestion for palin stfu palin and you would be doing us a favor. palin is no friend to liberty!!

obama/palin 2012 bring our troops home , i choose neither!! if you guys love palin so much then go to www.sarahpalinforums.com or create your own!! this is Ron Paul forums not palin love fest!! why not try beck forums orsomething??

Brett
05-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Calling everything she says self-bashing, telling her to stfu, telling her supporters to leave and calling any of her supports "Palinbots" isn't bashing?

If a Bush supporter called you a Paulbot and told you to leave, would you consider it bashing Paul?

DamianTV
05-05-2010, 03:45 PM
What difference would it make? Neither one would be calling the shots.

speciallyblend
05-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Calling everything she says self-bashing, telling her to stfu, telling her supporters to leave and calling any of her supports "Palinbots" isn't bashing?

If a Bush supporter called you a Paulbot and told you to leave, would you consider it bashing Paul?

she is self bashing,so take that up with her not me. i did give a positive aspect to her. i said stfu, (that is me nicely telling her to shut up)! that would do her much good!!! palinbots paul bots ooo the horror!!

palin is palin ,like isaid she bashes herself everytime she opens her mouth. she couldn't finish the job she was elected to!

palin and romney are a sure bet for the gop to lose in 2012.

the best advice i have for palin is to keep her mouth shut!!! she is her own worse enemy. we cannot make the stuff up she says!!
i view palin as very unfavorable/unfavorable, nothing but palin herself brought this opinion on herself!!
palin is nothing more then a neo-con trying to co-op the Liberty Tea Message!!! i am just glad that over 80% of rpf is not buying her BS!!

go start a palin lovefest forum. this is rpf not spf!!! palin is a neo-con

lester1/2jr
05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
and no sarah palin fans come on at the end of this thread when it's over and bump it with a circle jerk of we like palin posts either.

someperson
05-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Ms. Palin supports, among other things, pervasive interventionism - both foreign and domestic. This is the status quo. It matters not whether Mr. Obama is driving such destructive policies or another individual takes the helm in his stead. Please stop focusing on personalities, and start focusing on policies. Support ideas, not people. I find the policies that these individuals promote abhorrent. I couldn't care less about them on a personal level.

Brett
05-05-2010, 06:58 PM
palin is nothing more then a neo-con trying to co-op the Liberty Tea Message!!! i am just glad that over 80% of rpf is not buying her BS!!

You're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not painting her to be the solutionist I believe Paul to be. I'm not saying she fits in with the tea party. I'm not even saying that she's a neocon, I'm saying that I view her "favorably".

I am saying that assuming that anyone who would ever view her favorably is brainwashed is complete collectivist BS. Just because you don't like her doesn't mean that anyone who listens to any word she says is a brainwashed Palinbot.

Inflation
05-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Whining? She made one freaking speech that MAYBE put her in opposition to Bush's policies on one thing after he did it. You give me one speech she made and then call me unreasonable when I'd like more proof about her policy differences to Bush?

You're also acting like a dick when I'm trying to approach this amicably. This might be a good reason why no-one listens to you.

You asked a question, I was nice enough to Google It For You.

The HK speech was seminal in that it was Palin's first post-campaign appearance outside the USA. It was hyped as setting the tone for her future plans, and answering some of the question marks about where she stands on financial and economic issues (it was an $$$$$-per-seat Economic Forum she spoke at).

Instead of accepting the information you asked me to provide, you denigrate it.

I feel that entitles me to be likewise dismissive of you, because you were being a whiner.

Why don't you bother also likewise seeking to discipline SP for his posts on this thread, where he acts less than amicably (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2678041&postcount=92) (cough, like a burnt-out dick as usual, cough). :rolleyes:

The fact that you responded to me disproves your assertion that "no-one listens to" me. :rolleyes:

Calling me a "dick" is not "trying to approach this amicably." :rolleyes:

Calling me a "dick" is FAILing to approach this amicably. :rolleyes:

Is that enough or do you want more? :p

Oh oops, I forgot you're not listening! :rolleyes:

purplechoe
05-07-2010, 12:28 AM
http://www.jokeemail.com/pictures/mccain_palin.jpg

Inflation
05-07-2010, 01:39 AM
This one is better:

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/j/I/2/mccain-palin-simpsons.jpg

RM918
05-07-2010, 02:00 AM
You asked a question, I was nice enough to Google It For You.

The HK speech was seminal in that it was Palin's first post-campaign appearance outside the USA. It was hyped as setting the tone for her future plans, and answering some of the question marks about where she stands on financial and economic issues (it was an $$$$$-per-seat Economic Forum she spoke at).

And it's never been brought up again.

Instead of accepting the information you asked me to provide, you denigrate it.

You're the one saying that Palin is somehow closer to us than Bush. I just pointed out one speech where she mentioned the Fed and the bailouts, when she'll do something afterward like endorse pro-bailout McCain, obviously is insufficient evidence for your assertion.

I feel that entitles me to be likewise dismissive of you, because you were being a whiner.

I guess everyone who brings up a point you can't argue against rationally is a 'whiner'.

Why don't you bother also likewise seeking to discipline SP for his posts on this thread, where he acts less than amicably (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2678041&postcount=92) (cough, like a burnt-out dick as usual, cough). :rolleyes:

SP's acting immature, so I'm ignoring him. He didn't respond to me, you did. Is it suddenly my responsibility to police every single immature comment in this thread because he's arguing against you?

The fact that you responded to me disproves your assertion that "no-one listens to" me. :rolleyes:

'Listening' in this context meaning 'believing what you say'.

Calling me a "dick" is not "trying to approach this amicably." :rolleyes:

Calling me a "dick" is FAILing to approach this amicably. :rolleyes:

Is that enough or do you want more? :p

Oh oops, I forgot you're not listening! :rolleyes:

Why should I show respect for someone who refused to show it to me in the first place?