PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton says economic problems caused by leaving gold standard

NYgs23
04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
At 1:00, he says it was "necessary for economic management," but led to over-investment in finance. Similar to Obama saying the state has a "monopoly on violence.

YouTube - Clinton: Timing Of Goldman Sachs Suit Is "Suspect" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjBdfKJMO4&feature=player_embedded#!)

dannno
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Wow, he has a better understanding than I would have imagined.. but still some misunderstadings on the issues as well..

Anti Federalist
04-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Wow, he has a better understanding than I would have imagined.. but still some misunderstadings on the issues as well..

That means he knows what's wrong.

In his eight years as president was there any effort to correct it?

dannno
04-29-2010, 02:35 PM

That depends on what your definition of "is" is...

ClayTrainor
04-29-2010, 02:36 PM
that depends on what your definition of "is" is...

lol!!! :D

ItsTime
04-29-2010, 02:53 PM

My guess is he wanted to live. I'm sure he was well aware what happened to JFK when he went against the banking mob.

Anti Federalist
04-29-2010, 02:56 PM
That depends on what your definition of "is" is...

Arrgh. :mad:

Very frustrating.

These sluts, like BC, know what the hell they are doing, it slips out from time to time, like this remark.

And yet there are still some people who dismiss what government does as "bumbling, uneducated, unaware stupidity".

Bullshit.

emazur
04-29-2010, 03:09 PM
My guess is he wanted to live. I'm sure he was well aware what happened to JFK when he went against the banking mob.

THE JFK MYTH
Was he assassinated because he opposed the Fed?
http://www.freedom-force.org/freedomcontent.cfm?fuseaction=jfkmyth&refpage=issues

BuddyRey
04-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I guess it's not a full-blown Freudian slip since he was so quick to dispense the half-assed caveat that "it was necessary for economic management", but it's still pretty revealing coming from somebody like him.