PDA

View Full Version : Reaching Out to the Baby Boomers

dtritton
06-07-2007, 07:25 AM
I have been disheartened by the lack of knowledge of who Ron Paul is by the middle-aged and older. Dr. Paul's campaign has been led mainly by internet users, who happen to constitute a generally young portion of the population. Yes, he has participated in the debates, but mainstream media ignores him! This leads to older people who tend towards television and newspaper for media to only be focused on the media favorites - McCain, Giuliani, Romney. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how we can get the word out in ways that reaches out to this older generation, the Baby Boomers, who represent a very significant fraction of our population. My own parents did not even know who Ron Paul is! I was thinking of sending links to Ron Paul sites to my parents and telling them to send them to their friends. We need to start focusing on the people outside of our web 2.0 community, the people left behind by the internet revolution.

beermotor
06-07-2007, 08:23 AM
I've been preaching to my parents, in-laws, etc. You gotta do it, be persistent, patient, and point out why Fred Thompson is a horrible choice. Stay on it. Be firm, polite, and calm.

They know the truth deep down. You just gotta get them to remember it.