PDA

View Full Version : Need help!! to get to the bottom of the polls??

fj45lvr
10-10-2007, 08:41 PM
any of you out there willing to call up randomly some folks so we can make our own "poll"

Aren't you all just a tad bit curious about these things???

I suppose you could call/or ask in person some folks and ask them:

Hello, I am calling for 30 seconds of your time to answer a presidential poll. Do you intend to vote for a republican candidate for president?

if yes, who do you consider the top 2 candidates for your vote??

finally, "are you familar with or know of Ron Paul?"

(please inject your criticism or suggestions)

I would love to see 20 people on here at least 5 different people (randomly) and get back to us with the results so we can have our own "national poll"

Anyone???

ACJohn
10-10-2007, 08:49 PM
You have a great idea here. If every Meet-up group called until they received 20 answers we would have a large enough sample to be statistically relevant.

Now if we had consistent questions:

Randomize the candidates (all of them)

Other Questions ???

fj45lvr
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
yes!!!

I think that it would help us all tremendously to actually KNOW where we are in comparison to the proclaimed "scientific" polling.

You can get the info and give a plug to Paul if they have not heard of him (a dual benefit).

if we have a standard and very short poll to ask of folks and get results back it would be AWESOME to see where we actually are instead of ??????? guessing.

AFTFNJ
10-10-2007, 10:04 PM
this is a great way to inform people about Mahatma Paul sitting on your butt @ home.

libertythor
10-10-2007, 10:29 PM
This is a great idea. It could be a good extra credit project for anybody taking advanced statistics in college. If you are in such a course, speak to your professor about this....he/she might be more than happy to give guidance as to sampling methods. (Using Census data ...etc.)

fj45lvr
10-11-2007, 07:11 AM
bump