PDA

View Full Version : Which political debate do you like better?

dude58677
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
A) Ron Paul and his blowback debate with Rudy Guilanni.

B) Rand Paul calling Trey Grayson intectually dishonest.

Nathan Hale
04-28-2010, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't even consider the Giuliani exchange one of Ron Paul's best debate moments. His best one was vs McCain, when the crowd booed McCain.

BuddyRey
04-28-2010, 08:22 PM
My favorite debate moment of all time was when Chris Wallace accused Ron Paul of "taking marching orders from Al-Qaeda" and Ron snagged total victory from the jaws of humiliation by responding, "No!!! I'm saying we should take our marching orders from our Constitution!!!"

Not only did he deflect the attack, he turned it completely around and scored one of the most memorable soundbytes in the entire debate, and coined a slogan that the freedom movement still uses today. Though the media didn't treat it as such, this was Ron's "I paid for this microphone" moment. The whole arena exploded with applause.

Second would have to be his "Just come home!" line from another debate. When Ron's at his best, he can come up with catchy slogans and aphorisms as well as any of his carefully coached and groomed rivals.

Jeremy Tyler
04-28-2010, 09:24 PM
This was my favorite

YouTube - Ron Paul Video Fox doesn't want you to see (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seuL1ZeWHSU)

Aratus
04-29-2010, 08:29 AM
(B)!!!

then

ron v. mitt
ron v. mccain
ron v. "W"

economics102
04-29-2010, 09:32 AM
This was my favorite

YouTube - Ron Paul Video Fox doesn't want you to see (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seuL1ZeWHSU)

That's my favorite moment too. I thought his comparison about us overthrowing democracy in Pakistan and then claiming to be promoting democracy in Iraq was brilliant because it forced an audience that has been fed warhawking mantra after warhawking mantra to stop and realize that all these neocons are a bunch of lousy hypocrites, and he did it using damning, irrefutable logic.

Nathan Hale
04-29-2010, 10:08 AM
You're right, his reply to that douche Carl Cameron was the best. I thought we were limited to candidate vs candidate exchanges.