PDA

View Full Version : OH wants AZ immigration bill

Sarge
04-28-2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.wlwt.com/news/23279581/detail.html

torchbearer
04-28-2010, 09:05 AM
what state wouldn't want more police power?
i'm pretty certain ohio isn't worried about mexicans crossing its border, but it sure would like to give its police force the power to negate the whole bill of rights things that gets in the way of their important police work.

Stary Hickory
04-28-2010, 09:33 AM
what state wouldn't want more police power?
i'm pretty certain ohio isn't worried about mexicans crossing its border, but it sure would like to give its police force the power to negate the who bill of rights things that gets in the way of their important police work.

I mean really you gonan roll with this? The ability to enforce imigration laws is about self defense and soverignity. The AZ bill gave police the ability to enforce the laws on the books about immigration. How in the world to you enforce immigration laws without giving the authorities the power to do so?

Really sometimes people are making half baked arguments. They say they are against illegal immigration but against any kind of enforcement.

Philmanoman
04-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Im not against enforcing the laws.

Do I have to give up any freedoms to stop illegal immigration?

John Taylor
04-28-2010, 10:05 AM

Doubtfull, not under this law, but possibly some smily politico will try...

We have to keep anyone and everyone out who is dispurportionately likely to back further redistributionism here in the U.S. Simple as that.

Philmanoman
04-28-2010, 10:10 AM
I remember hearing an idea a while back(probably variations of it too)...something about coming up with ways to make it non-profitable for illegals to come here.

slothman
04-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I want to see Ohio make an underwater electric fence in Lake Erie to prevent illegal Canadians.
:D

dannno
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM

If the cops suspect you of being an illegal immigrant in AZ, they can change the status of the encounter to "lawful contact" and ask you for your idenfitication. If you don't have it on you, they can arrest you. Currently, if you are a natural born citizen there is NO law that says you need to keep your 'papers' or ID on you, as it should be. But now you will be arrested and your 4th amendment rights will be violated even if you are participating on only lawful activity. If they find any illegal substances, they will be able to charge you with those crimes based on the fact that they were suspicious that you might be an illegal alien. It's unconstitutional, but you might have to get an expensive lawyer and appeal to get out of it. But always remember, your fourth amendment rights were VIOLATED.

angelatc
04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
If the cops suspect you of being an illegal immigrant in AZ, they can change the status of the encounter to "lawful contact" and ask you for your idenfitication. If you don't have it on you, they can arrest you.

I know you believe that, but the SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled that the police can't randomly demand people show ID. This law doesn't change that.

They can ask to see an ID, but you don't have to show it to them.

dannno
04-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I know you believe that, but the SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled that the police can't randomly demand people show ID. This law doesn't change that.

They can ask to see an ID, but you don't have to show it to them.

Ya, actually the bill spells it out. They can change the status to lawful contact simply if they suspect you are illegal. What that means? Who knows.

If you don't have your ID, they can arrest you.