PDA

View Full Version : I went to a Hillary fundraiser today...

Green Mountain Boy
10-10-2007, 07:59 PM
...because I wanted my free $1,000. But alas, there was already a huge line going around the block.

Actually I lied. My colleagues and I were there to introduce Ron Paul to the crowd and to the rush hour traffic in Boston. We got there about 45 minutes before the wicked witch of the east showed up in her black suburban motorcade (totally unnecessary in my opinion). We were there in force with about 15 meetup members and I think many people who were unaware of the event thought it was a Ron Paul event, not a Hillary Clinton fundraiser. One pedestrian asked, "Is Ron Paul here?" Unfortunately we had to tell her no. We handed out a bunch of literature comparing Ron Paul to Democrats and there were some singing anti-war grannies there to lambaste Hillary but they weren't too interested in hearing about Ron Paul.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhMWBTCVaQ

Cindy
10-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Green Mountain Boy;260709

there were some singing anti-war grannies there to lambaste Hillary.

That paints a funny image.

Nice work showing up there to support Paul. Thank your group for us!

steph3n
10-10-2007, 08:08 PM
wow a guy in a suit??

ross11988
10-10-2007, 08:13 PM
wow a guy in a suit??

maybe a high paid guy who hates having $50,000 goto the irs every year

EvilEngineer
10-10-2007, 08:15 PM
buhahhahaha. Poor hitlary... her mindless masses standing in line to be slaughtered, now being exposed to the Ron Paul Revolution! Break free sheep, break free and wake up!

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
...because I wanted my free $1,000. But alas, there was already a huge line going around the block.

Actually I lied. My colleagues and I were there to introduce Ron Paul to the crowd and to the rush hour traffic in Boston. We got there about 45 minutes before the wicked witch of the east showed up in her black suburban motorcade (totally unnecessary in my opinion). We were there in force with about 15 meetup members and I think many people who were unaware of the event thought it was a Ron Paul event, not a Hillary Clinton fundraiser. One pedestrian asked, "Is Ron Paul here?" Unfortunately we had to tell her no. We handed out a bunch of literature comparing Ron Paul to Democrats and there were some singing anti-war grannies there to lambaste Hillary but they weren't too interested in hearing about Ron Paul.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhMWBTCVaQ

lol, that is genius. Just because we hate the CIA doesn't mean we can't learn from them. We'll keep sending in secret Ron Paul agents to destabalize the other candidate's rallys and fundraisers with Ron Paul slimjims :p

Cindy
10-10-2007, 08:20 PM
her mindless masses standing in line to be slaughtered

You said it! They were a lame support crowed. They must be zombies for sure and that's how she's got them.

RP croweds are alive with energy, vitality, creativity, excitment inovation, and sound. I love it!!

Lord Xar
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
you guys did a great job!!!!

Were they "really" waiting in line to pay $1000?? What a sickening travesty... wow... terrible.. Hillary is jus gonna cost them more money.....

You guys did a great job!!

Green Mountain Boy
10-10-2007, 08:36 PM
General admission to the fundraiser was $20 but "preferred seating" inside Symphony Hall went upwards of $1,000. Supposedly the Goo Goo Dolls were there too.

There was a cute girl from Arizona who came up to us and said she was a Ron Paul supporter. She didn't think there were any of us in the Northeast so she was surprised to see us there.

d991
10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
It is interesting that people thought it was a Ron Paul event. All you really see is a whole lot of people and some Ron Paul signs. People in cars might just assume its a Ron Paul event and think to themselves "WOW look at all those people supporting Ron Paul. I better go home and check up on this guy" (assuming they don't know who he is of course)

bbachtung
10-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Obama has done a similar thing on the trail (charging $20) in order to bump up individual donor numbers.

lx43
10-10-2007, 09:12 PM
You should have gotten Hillary to take a photo in front of an RP sign. :D You know sort of like the Thompson event. lol I love that video.

Matt Collins
10-10-2007, 09:21 PM
We were there in force with about 15 meetup members and I think many people who were unaware of the event thought it was a Ron Paul event, not a Hillary Clinton fundraiser. One pedestrian asked, "Is Ron Paul here?" Unfortunately we had to tell her no. Friggin hilarious! :D

Supposedly the Goo Goo Dolls were there too.
http://advancedlubetech.com/puke.gif Them and Shillary? That sounds about right :(

terlinguatx
10-10-2007, 09:32 PM

TheEvilDetector
10-10-2007, 09:58 PM
buhahhahaha. Poor hitlary... her mindless masses standing in line to be slaughtered, now being exposed to the Ron Paul Revolution! Break free sheep, break free and wake up!

Baaaaaaah, Baaaaaaaahh, Baaaaaaah

devil21
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
General admission to the fundraiser was $20 but "preferred seating" inside Symphony Hall went upwards of $1,000. Supposedly the Goo Goo Dolls were there too.

There's your draw right there. Younger people will look at it as a $20 concert and the proceeds go to Hillary. They weren't there to see her, but rather the performers.

Drknows
10-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Awesome job guys! Loved it!

Green Mountain Boy
10-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Looks light we got some news coverage after all!

Ron Paul + Goo Goo Dolls = Good Times (http://www.bostonmagazine.com/blogs/boston/2007/10/11/ron-paul-goo-goo-dolls-good-times/)
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/blogs/boston/2007/10/11/ron-paul-goo-goo-dolls-good-times/

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/blogs/boston/wp-content/uploads/Boston/0907BostonDaily/ronpaul.jpg

Upon leaving Boston Daily HQ last night, we found a bona fide circus outside Symphony Hall. Unable to resist the lure of media trucks and mysterious signs, we detoured to see what was going on.

At first glance, it seemed to be a rally for Ron Paul, the excitable Republican presidential candidate from Texas. There were also surly malcontents with no affiliation whatsoever, holding signs on fluorescent orange poster board with Hillary Clinton’s face printed on one side and a handwritten “Life’s a bitch– Don’t vote for one” on the other. By the way, whatever happened to “I Like Ike”?

There were women dressed as suffrage workers, as imagined by the Mad Hatter, with bright purple hats and full-length skirts, singing a song to the tune of “Let it Snow” that went as follows:

Oh the war in Iraq is mountin’,
And the troops & people shoutin’,
We’re tired of Neocon lines,
Get a spine, Get a spine, Get a spine

In the midst of the Paul People, and others there to protest the war, stood a beleaguered Hillary Clinton supporter. He helpfully explained that Clinton was in town to give a talk at Symphony Hall, and then the Goo Goo Dolls would perform. Now it made sense. (Not the Goo Goo Dolls. The Hillary part.)

While we’re kind of disappointed that Hillary didn’t invite us, we were completely entertained by the show going on outside. Especially since it didn’t involve music from the Goo-Goo Dolls.

Akus
10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
motorcade suburban unnecessary?

do you, GMB, understand that she is a former first lady?

goldstandard
10-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Goooood job. Now that's a good strategy.

Green Mountain Boy
10-11-2007, 03:03 PM
motorcade suburban unnecessary?

do you, GMB, understand that she is a former first lady?

Even though she is a former first lady and gets secret service protection I thought a motorcade with 5 black suburbans, led and tailed by police vehicles was a little much. She's not the president, yet.

Akus
10-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Even though she is a former first lady and gets secret service protection I thought a motorcade with 5 black suburbans, led and tailed by police vehicles was a little much. She's not the president, yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barbara and Nancy travel the exact same way:cool: