PDA

View Full Version : How Does Mexico Treats Illegal Aliens?

bobbyw24
04-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Mexican President Felipe Calderon has accused Arizona of opening the door "to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement." But Arizona has nothing on Mexico when it comes to cracking down on illegal aliens. While open-borders activists decry new enforcement measures signed into law in "Nazi-zona" last week, they remain deaf, dumb or willfully blind to the unapologetically restrictionist policies of our neighbors to the south.

The Arizona law bans sanctuary cities that refuse to enforce immigration laws, stiffens penalties against illegal alien day laborers and their employers, makes it a misdemeanor for immigrants to fail to complete and carry an alien registration document, and allows the police to arrest immigrants unable to show documents proving they are in the U.S. legally. If those rules constitute the racist, fascist, xenophobic, inhumane regime that the National Council of La Raza, Al Sharpton, Catholic bishops and their grievance-mongering followers claim, then what about these regulations and restrictions imposed on foreigners?

-- The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics." How's that for racial and ethnic profiling?

-- If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

-- Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years' imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama's illegal alien aunt -- a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

-- Law enforcement officials at all levels -- by national mandate -- must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens' arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

-- Ready to show your papers? Mexico's National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

All of these provisions are enshrined in Mexico's Ley General de Población (General Law of the Population) and were spotlighted in a 2006 research paper published by the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Security Policy. There's been no public clamor for "comprehensive immigration reform" in Mexico, however, because pro-illegal alien speech by outsiders is prohibited.

Continued...

http://townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2010/04/28/how_mexico_treats_illegal_aliens

stu2002
04-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Damn hypocrites

Sarge
04-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Yes, and few on this board will acknowledge that.

TX, UT and OH are going to submit bills patterned after ours is the latest hitting the news.

We had a call from Oklahoma and Wisconsin supporting our State yesterday. BO sounds to be in big trouble in OK next election is the word.

Now back to our regular programing and 100 new threads on each of the next three States.

constituent
04-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Actually, most "illegals" in Mexico are just ignored. Even if you're caught it's nothing that can't be fixed by a fifty dollar bill (might take a hunsky. depends on the cop. ;))

amy31416
04-28-2010, 07:13 AM
We are not Mexico and how they treat illegal aliens and is irrelevant to how we treat people, in my opinion.

That whole "setting an example" and being a beacon of light in the world is long gone when people's best defense of our policies is "Look! They're just as bad, if not worse!"

How many people tried to justify our torture program by saying "Islamic extremists are worse..."

bobbyw24
04-28-2010, 07:17 AM
We are not Mexico and how they treat illegal aliens and is irrelevant to how we treat people, in my opinion.

That whole "setting an example" and being a beacon of light in the world is long gone when people's best defense of our policies is "Look! They're just as bad, if not worse!"

How many people tried to justify our torture program by saying "Islamic extremists are worse..."

I am not saying we should copy anything that Mexico does. They do things so badly that most of their people wanna come here.

I posted it to show that Mexican officials are hypocrites for criticizing our policies when theirs are worse.

amy31416
04-28-2010, 07:19 AM
I am not saying we should copy anything that Mexico does. They do things so badly that most of their people wanna come here.

I posted it to show that Mexican officials are hypocrites for criticizing our policies when theirs are worse.

I didn't think you were, to be honest. And yes, they are hypocrites, but man, our house is such a mess right now that it prompts me to point things like that out to those who may think that Mexico's actions in any way justify our own.

tmosley
04-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Other nations act in a despicable manner, therefore we should to.

Great logic, that. Imma go kill me some political dissenters now.

stu2002
04-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Other nations act in a despicable manner, therefore we should to.

Great logic, that. Imma go kill me some political dissenters now.

You are a Dumbass tmosely.

I am glad that idiotic Libertarians like you will never be more than 3% of the population and will never win a meaningful election.

Deborah K
04-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Mexican President Felipe Calderon has accused Arizona of opening the door "to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement." But Arizona has nothing on Mexico when it comes to cracking down on illegal aliens. While open-borders activists decry new enforcement measures signed into law in "Nazi-zona" last week, they remain deaf, dumb or willfully blind to the unapologetically restrictionist policies of our neighbors to the south.

The Arizona law bans sanctuary cities that refuse to enforce immigration laws, stiffens penalties against illegal alien day laborers and their employers, makes it a misdemeanor for immigrants to fail to complete and carry an alien registration document, and allows the police to arrest immigrants unable to show documents proving they are in the U.S. legally. If those rules constitute the racist, fascist, xenophobic, inhumane regime that the National Council of La Raza, Al Sharpton, Catholic bishops and their grievance-mongering followers claim, then what about these regulations and restrictions imposed on foreigners?

-- The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics." How's that for racial and ethnic profiling?

-- If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

-- Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years' imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama's illegal alien aunt -- a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

-- Law enforcement officials at all levels -- by national mandate -- must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens' arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

-- Ready to show your papers? Mexico's National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

All of these provisions are enshrined in Mexico's Ley General de Población (General Law of the Population) and were spotlighted in a 2006 research paper published by the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Security Policy. There's been no public clamor for "comprehensive immigration reform" in Mexico, however, because pro-illegal alien speech by outsiders is prohibited.

Continued...

http://townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2010/04/28/how_mexico_treats_illegal_aliens

And there you have it. As I've stated so many times before - all countries have borders and immigration laws. Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy.

bobbyw24
04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
And there you have it. As I've stated so many times before - all countries have borders and immigration laws. Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy.

Glad you got my point. I was NOT trying to say we should emulate Mexico.

Deborah K
04-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Glad you got my point. I was NOT trying to say we should emulate Mexico.

Anyone who reads your posts knows that, Bobby. ;)

Sarge
04-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Wrong. Mexico is bad mouthing our new law which follows the Federal Law. It is relevant, if they are going to shoot off their mouths. They are great at sand papering witnesses is a known fact in AZ. No problem on getting illegals to change their stories and lie.

They fail to prevent illegals coming here. They stand and look and laugh as people climb the fences and shoot if a Border Patrol agent crosses one foot onto their territory.

I just love all you that don't live here know more about the situation than those that live here.

I know all your arguments and agree with some but, until the they stop the drain on this State I am for the law.

They are asking us to vote for a State tax increase now so I can support more illegals in school and provide more medical care. Guess our votes yesterday. Guess the votes on our other family members.

Hey, the illegals can head over to CA where they are more welcome if they don't like it here. I am just tired of paying for them.

tropicangela
04-28-2010, 07:48 AM
They are asking us to vote for a State tax increase now so I can support more illegals in school and provide more medical care. Guess our votes yesterday. Guess the votes on our other family members.

Hey, the illegals can head over to CA where they are more welcome if they don't like it here. I am just tired of paying for them.

What is being done about this particular problem in Arizona? Wouldn't this fall under immigration reform? AZ passed this identification bill, but what about the economic part?

constituent
04-28-2010, 07:53 AM

Actually, the real reason there is very little clamor for immigration reform in Mexico is much less nefarious than that.

If I want to visit Mexico, I walk into the office (optional) after crossing the border (and showing my papers or submitting my property to no one for inspection), show them my birth certificate and Texas driver's license, pay them about $20 american and purchase my permission to travel into/out/around their country for the next six months. When that expires, I show up at the local immigration office and repeat step one. Stay for another six months.

If I want to move to Mexico, I show them that I've got at least $1000/mo coming in, get a house ($200/mo.) and a phone number, proof that I'm not wanted by the law and tell them I'm retiring. Simple enough.

The reason people aren't up in arms over Mexico's immigration policy is because Mexico wants you to visit. The country and the vast majority of people welcome all down to earth folks willing to switch over to Mexico time with open arms. There is no real incentive to sneak in unless you're running from the law.

America, not really the case.

Deborah K
04-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Wrong. Mexico is bad mouthing our new law which follows the Federal Law. It is relevant, if they are going to shoot off their mouths. They are great at sand papering witnesses is a known fact in AZ. No problem on getting illegals to change their stories and lie.

They fail to prevent illegals coming here. They stand and look and laugh as people climb the fences and shoot if a Border Patrol agent crosses one foot onto their territory.

I just love all you that don't live here know more about the situation than those that live here.

I know all your arguments and agree with some but, until the they stop the drain on this State I am for the law.

Hey now!!! Don't send em here! We've got more than our fair share already!!

tmosley
04-28-2010, 08:18 AM
You are a Dumbass tmosely.

I am glad that idiotic Libertarians like you will never be more than 3% of the population and will never win a meaningful election.

Hey boys, look at that! It's a political dissenter! GET HIM.

Sarge
04-28-2010, 08:19 AM
T,

It is a tough one. They bus students in from Mexico to go to school and they show they have a relative on this side of the border. Even though the ID can be fake. The Fed's make it hard on schools trying to stop that.

How do they deal with the illegals that shows up at the ER? That is where they all show up. Deny them treatment and get sued when they die? They get a junker car with no insurance and hope they don't get stopped or caught. Unlucky you if they hit your vehicle.

Note this article and the problems and written by a teacher.

http://www.alipac.us/article157.html

Not sure how, other than deport them as you find them violating the law. Unless they give hospitals immunity for not treating them with no valid ID I am not sure what the hospitals can do to stop the free treatments.

If they allowed us to ship convicted illegals back to Mexico they would be back across the border because Mexico will not either take them or do anything about them. So we get stuck with the jailing expense. I do like the idea of shipping them to DC once convicted and say here you are gang.

Like D. said on the murder how many convictions did the guy have already. Still back across the border to kill.

Then there is the just killed rancher.

ssforronpaul
04-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Actually, the real reason there is very little clamor for immigration reform in Mexico is much less nefarious than that.

If I want to visit Mexico, I walk into the office (optional) after crossing the border (and showing my papers or submitting my property to no one for inspection), show them my birth certificate and Texas driver's license, pay them about $20 american and purchase my permission to travel into/out/around their country for the next six months. When that expires, I show up at the local immigration office and repeat step one. Stay for another six months.

If I want to move to Mexico, I show them that I've got at least $1000/mo coming in, get a house ($200/mo.) and a phone number, proof that I'm not wanted by the law and tell them I'm retiring. Simple enough.

The reason people aren't up in arms over Mexico's immigration policy is because Mexico wants you to visit. The country and the vast majority of people welcome all down to earth folks willing to switch over to Mexico time with open arms. There is no real incentive to sneak in unless you're running from the law.

America, not really the case.

Personally I don't care what Mexico's policy is for illegal immigration. I do feel sorry for their citizens in choosing to live with that corrupt government, just as I feel sorry for ours.

But please don't just speak of an American crossing the northern border of Mexico, but also the southern border with poor Guatemalans and other poor. People with money usually don't have problems in most countries, but what about the poor. A couple excerpts from articles talking about the southern border of Mexico:

A New York Times article from 2006:

Few politicians have made public speeches about such matters. But Deputy Foreign Minister Gerónimo Gutiérrez recently acknowledged that Mexico's immigration laws were "tougher than those being contemplated by the United States,"

"A migrant with money can make it across Mexico with no problems," Father Barilli said. "A migrant with no money gets nowhere."

or an article this year

Kidnap, rape, murder: the dangers faced in Mexico by migrants to US http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/27/mexico-dangers-migrants-to-us

The Amnesty report draws on a National Human Rights Commission investigation that estimated about 10,000 migrants were kidnapped in Mexico over a six-month period last year. Even when these cases are reported to the authorities, a serious investigation is almost unheard of. Murders and disappearances of migrants are similarly forgotten.

Most information in both reports comes from interviews in church-run shelters where migrants feel safe enough to talk about their ordeals, which include sexual violence estimated to affect six out of 10 female migrants. Rape is so common that some people smugglers who guide Central Americans through Mexico reportedly advise women to have contraceptive injections before starting the journey. Abused migrants have also learned by experience to distrust the authorities. Most incidents of kidnapping cited in the reports involved some degree of official complicity, and many migrants are also subjected to direct official abuse. Last week a train laden with Central Americans was stopped by masked federal police in the southern state of Oaxaca. "They came shooting their guns, got us off the train, beat us, forced us to lie on the floor and put their boots on people's heads," Guatemalan migrant Martha Chilel, 21, said in a phone interview from a shelter. "They took all our money, and they fondled the women. Then they told us to run."

ssforronpaul

tmosley
04-28-2010, 10:19 AM
T,

It is a tough one. They bus students in from Mexico to go to school and they show they have a relative on this side of the border. Even though the ID can be fake. The Fed's make it hard on schools trying to stop that.

How do they deal with the illegals that shows up at the ER? That is where they all show up. Deny them treatment and get sued when they die? They get a junker car with no insurance and hope they don't get stopped or caught. Unlucky you if they hit your vehicle.

Note this article and the problems and written by a teacher.

http://www.alipac.us/article157.html

Not sure how, other than deport them as you find them violating the law. Unless they give hospitals immunity for not treating them with no valid ID I am not sure what the hospitals can do to stop the free treatments.

If they allowed us to ship convicted illegals back to Mexico they would be back across the border because Mexico will not either take them or do anything about them. So we get stuck with the jailing expense. I do like the idea of shipping them to DC once convicted and say here you are gang.

Like D. said on the murder how many convictions did the guy have already. Still back across the border to kill.

Then there is the just killed rancher.

It's all simple and easy to deal with. On the ER portion, have a look at how we go to this situation in the first place: http://mises.org/daily/4276

Roll back the fascism in medicine, and the ERs will disappear, and we will have far more doctors. It can then be up to the doctors to treat foreign nationals for free or not.

Get rid of federally funded education. Let the local school boards decide if they want to allow foreign nationals into their schools, and whether they will attend for free or not. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if they attended school so long as they paid their tuition. Charitable organizations would operate schools for free as well, and they could choose to discriminate if that is their desire.

If we militarize the borders, but make the immigration easier, we can filter out the criminals and drug gangs, while letting those who want to work through.

Legalize drugs, and you cut the legs out from under the drug gangs in any event, leaving the criminals with no easy means to cross the border (as the coyotes would go out of business without the artificial restrictions on immigration).

Things are easily solved without resorting to gestapo tactics. All you have to do is actually believe in freedom, and thus find the true source of the problem.

Sarge
04-28-2010, 10:50 AM
T

"Roll back the fascism in medicine, and the ERs will disappear, and we will have far more doctors. It can then be up to the doctors to treat foreign nationals for free or not.

Get rid of federally funded education. Let the local school boards decide if they want to allow foreign nationals into their schools, and whether they will attend for free or not. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if they attended school so long as they paid their tuition. Charitable organizations would operate schools for free as well, and they could choose to discriminate if that is their desire."

How many years do you think that will take us fighting the Fed all the way. Let alone making drugs legal? Like our broke State can pull that off when they have to fight the Fed Govt on everything?

Does anyone think the illegals are going to care about not having one of BO'S health care policies when the show up at the ER very sick?

At let me say, if I have a head injury or stroke I want a top flight ER. I could just picture trying to find out who or where to go to in the middle of the night.

I believe in small government and Freedom. I also believe them crossing the border and killing and draining us dry has to stop and as the Fed's won't do it, AZ will do it in line with their laws.

Most the police I have talked to here are pretty nice guys. Their ranks are thin now, and I don't see them going off the deep end on this.

If the Fed would do their job all the way, I would vote for overturning this new law. I am not holding my breath on that.

D,

Come on be a good sport.

Inflation
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Mexico treats its immigrants according to the La Raza motto:

For the Race of Us, Everything.

For the Race of You, Nothing.

The post-Catholic culture is very superstitious and irrational. Honesty, the Golden Rule, logical consistency, and other operating principles of American civic society are mostly absent from Mexican culture.

That's the main reason it is such a crappy place to live. Mexicans know it, and know we know it too, but hate and resent us for patronizing them with the soft bigotry of lower expectations.

I've lived on the border and most people there will tell you the same thing, regardless of their last name being Smith, Lopez, or Chang.