PDA

View Full Version : Had a kid bring up Auditing the Fed in class today.

haaaylee
04-27-2010, 08:48 PM
We were talking about the Financial bill in Government course today and a kid was talking about how more regulation wouldn't help because we've gone so long with deregulation and my super Liberal Professor agreed with deregulation being the problem, etc. And gave his Liberal talking points on regulation.

But then the kid went "But isn't it really the Federal Reserve's fault? Shouldn't we audit them? They won't even let us audit them and they aren't even a part of the Goverment, they're private." So i chimed in, of course, about how the Fed was the real culprit, etc. And the kid went on about how a congressman asked the Fed members what happened to $200 millions and they said "We don't know." (wasn't that Ron, btw?)

And our teacher said "So you agree with everything he said?" Yes! But i could tell he didn't know everything he needed to know because he thought Liberals had created the Fed, because our professor literally tries to make us Liberals said "Well, if you are for reform then you're a Liberal." The kid said "Well, on the Fed I guess I am." (he is the other thorn in the teacher's side when he starts on his Liberal rants.) But the teacher told us that if that is something we are passionate about we should look into it more and join some sort of group (ha) and that was when I brought up HR 1207 and its co-sponsors. And the kid went on to say "I'm obsessed with studying the Federal Reserve, don't worry."

He also said the Rockerfellers run the country :p

I think me bringing up the Fed in class a lot is starting to work.

cmasslibertarian
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Sounds like you 2 would be excellent candidates for starting a YAL chapter!

sofia
04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
read this

www.tomatobubble.com

Imperial
04-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, if you are for reform then you're a Liberal

umm, in the current American conception of the term? Not really. Besides, 'reform' has no positive or negative definition if one looks at the word. We connotate it as positive, although often we probably shouldn't.

Ekrub
04-27-2010, 10:12 PM
It was Bernie Sanders

YouTube - SEN. SANDERS GOES OFF ON BERNANKE_ 03/03/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWXrMCGJT4)

Don't Tread on Mike
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
it seems every class i have always has 1, or 2....