PDA

View Full Version : New Ron Paul Tax Free Tip Card - Do I need any changes?

in ron we trust
10-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Just finished designing this new Ron Paul Tax Free Tip Card, Would like to have some people look it over for mistakes, or additions/subtractions they would make to the card.

Planning on releasing in on Friday.

http://www.ronpaulcard.com/images/stories/slideshow/tips_card_preview_large.jpg
RonPaulCard.com (http://www.ronpaulcard.com)

honkywill
10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I like it. Now this is the card we need.

The only thing I would change is the DARK RED background of the top border.

Thunderbolt
10-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Where is the actual text of the bill? That is the best part of the whole thing. It shows people who the man really is.

DrNoZone
10-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Where is the actual text of the bill? That is the best part of the whole thing. It shows people who the man really is.

Do you really think that would fit on a card the size of a business card? Seriously, you gonna be handing out magnifying glasses with them?

Thunderbolt
10-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Do you really think that would fit on a card the size of a business card? Seriously, you gonna be handing out magnifying glasses with them?

Well, excuuuuuuuussse me. I didn't see the size of this item listed anywhere. If this is a business sized card you lose a lot by using it. If you use a flier, that can be posted for hundreds to see at once. This thing only gets into one person's hand and maybe gets passed around to a few more. It doesn't do much to introduce Ron Paul and you lose the value of this wonderful bill that he is pushing through congress.

Give them a flier or two and several slim jims to introduce them to him and you have reached dozens or hundreds at one time. This is expensive, slow, and ineffective.

McDermit
10-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I'd opt for a coaster-sized flyer... or maybe even a 4x6. Double sided so you can hit on some other issues.

JenHarris
10-13-2007, 10:30 PM
I like the card a lot. My only critique is that it doesn't jump out that Ron Paul is also running for president. I know the text is there but is there a way to make that pop a bit?

OptionsTrader
10-13-2007, 10:35 PM

Query http://thomas.loc.gov and select Ron Paul, and keywords "Tax free" and it will pop up on the Library of Congress site.

----------------------

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 3664
To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that tips shall not be subject to income or employment taxes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

September 25, 2007
Mr. PAUL introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that tips shall not be subject to income or employment taxes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

(a) Short Title- This Act may be cited as the `Tax Free Tips Act of 2007'.

(b) Amendment of 1986 Code- Except as otherwise expressly provided, whenever in this Act an amendment or repeal is expressed in terms of an amendment to, or repeal of , a section or other provision, the reference shall be considered to be made to a section or other provision of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.

SEC. 2. TIPS NOT SUBJECT TO INCOME OR EMPLOYMENT TAXES.

(a) In General- Section 102 (relating to gifts and inheritances) is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:

`(d) Tips- For purposes of subsection (a), tips shall be treated as property transferred by gift.'.

(b) Exclusion From Social Security Taxes-

(1) SOCIAL SECURITY TAXES-

(A) Paragraph (12) of section 3121(a) is amended to read as follows:

`(12) tips;'.

(B) Section 3121 is amended by striking subsection (q) (relating to tips included for both employee and employer taxes).

(C) Subsection (a) of section 3102 is amended by striking `; and an employer who is furnished by an employee a written statement of tips (received in a calendar month) pursuant to section 6053(a) to which paragraph (12)(B) of section 3121(a) is applicable may deduct an amount equivalent to such tax with respect to such tips from any wages of the employee (exclusive of tips) under his control, even though at the time such statement is furnished the total amount of the tips included in statements furnished to the employer as having been received by the employee in such calendar month in the course of his employment by such employer is less than $20'.

(D) Section 3102 is amended by striking subsection (c) (relating to special rule for tips).

(E) Subsection (a) of section 3202 is amended by striking the second sentence.

(2) TIER 1 RAILROAD RETIREMENT-

(A) Section 3202 is amended by striking subsection (c).

(B) Paragraph (3) of section 3231(e) is amended to read as follows:

`(3) Solely for purposes of the taxes imposed by section 3201 and other provisions of this chapter insofar as they relate to such taxes, the term `compensation' shall not include tips.'.

(C) Section 3231 is amended by striking subsection (h).

(c) Exclusion From Unemployment Compensation Taxes- Subsection (s) of section 3306 is amended to read as follows:

`(s) Tips Not Treated as Wages- For purposes of this chapter, the term `wages' shall not include tips.'.

(d) Exclusion From Wage Withholding-

(1) Paragraph (16) of section 3401(a) is amended to read as follows:

`(16) tips;'.

(2) Section 3401 is amended by striking subsection (f).

(3) Section 3402 is amended by striking subsection (k).

(e) Tips Defined- Subsection (a) of section 7701 (relating to definitions) is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:

`(50) TIPS- The term `tips' includes any gratuity provided to a salaried employee by a customer or client of the employer's business.'.

(f) Conforming Amendments-

(1) Clause (i) of section 32(c)(2)(A) (defining earned income) is amended by striking `tips,'.

(2)(A) Section 45B (relating to credit for portion of employer social security taxes paid with respect to employee cash tips) is hereby repealed.

(B) The table of sections for subpart D of part IV of subchapter A of chapter 1 is amended by striking the item relating to section 45B.

(C) Subsection (b) of section 38 is amended by striking paragraph (11) and by redesignating the succeeding paragraphs accordingly.

(D) Subsection (c) of section 196 is amended by striking paragraph (8) and by redesignating the succeeding paragraphs accordingly.

(E) Subsection (m) of section 6501 is amended by striking `45B,'.

(3) Section 220(b)(4)(A) is amended by striking `tips,'.

(4) Section 451 is amended by striking subsection (c).

(5) Section 6001 is amended by striking the last sentence.

(6) Section 6041 is amended by striking subsection (e).

(7) Subsection (c) of section 6041A is amended by striking `, 6052, or 6053' and inserting `or 6052'.

(8) Subsection (a) of section 6051 is amended by striking `In the case of tips received by an employee in the course of his employment, the amounts required to be shown by paragraphs (3) and (5) shall include only such tips as are included in statements furnished to the employer pursuant to section 6053(a).'.

(9) Section 6053 (relating to tip reporting) is hereby repealed.

(10) The table of sections for subpart C of part III of subchapter A of chapter 61 is amended by striking the item relating to section 6053.

(11) Section 6652 is amended by striking subsection (b) (relating to failure to report tips).

(12) Section 6674 (relating to fraudulent statement or failure to furnish statement to employee) is amended by striking `or 6053(b)' each place it appears.

(13) Subparagraph (B) of section 6724(d)(1) is amended by striking clause (xv) and redesignating the succeeding clauses accordingly.

(14) Paragraph (2) of section 6724(d) is amended by striking subparagraph (V) and redesignating the succeeding subparagraphs accordingly.

(g) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall apply to tips received in calendar months beginning after the date of the enactment of this Act.

rycodge
10-15-2007, 01:42 AM
If you're truly supporting Ron Paul you would make pdf's available to anyone who wants them. It would be better to use your domain for hosting multiple pdf's of different business cards supporting Ron Paul.

Razmear
10-15-2007, 02:30 AM
There is one handout available at:
http://rp4.us/tips/
I'll add more when I find them and have the time.

For the card, I agree that it needs to scream Ron Paul a bit more, maybe swap the graphic of the guy with the dollar bill to something more Ron'ish or use the space for more text. That image is taking up a lot of space on a small card.
You might also want to mention the Bills HR number.

Also, the bill seeks to reclassify tips as gifts which would make them tax free, that might be able to be used to explain the logic of the bill. If I give you $5 out of the kindness of my heart it's not taxable, so why should the $5 I give you because I like the way you served me my lunch be taxed?

eb

Man from La Mancha
10-15-2007, 03:18 AM
Great job. I like the card. easy to carry a couple dozen and to leave with your tip.

in ron we trust
10-15-2007, 08:34 PM
If you're truly supporting Ron Paul you would make pdf's available to anyone who wants them. It would be better to use your domain for hosting multiple pdf's of different business cards supporting Ron Paul.

You're right, I will make PDF's available tomorrow, with the stipulation that others will not print out and sell.

Tax Free Tip Cards, have been released.

RonPaulCard.com (http://www.ronpaulcard.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=2)

Rivington Essex
10-15-2007, 08:35 PM
We need these in NY. I like the idea, and we will buy some if:

Across the top: Ron Paul for President. Use the same font as the campaign with the blue background.

Let me give you a tip ...

Ron Paul introduced HR3664 titles the Tax Free Tips Act. This would make tips and gratuities tax free for waitresses and bartenders.

On the flip side.

1. Vote for Ron Paul
2. Google Ron Paul.
3. Donate to Ron Paul
4. Tell your Friends!

www.ronpaul2008.com

Michele
10-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I eat out (maybe a lot more than I should) frequently and this would be great. I have a confession to make. I work for a large income tax preparation company. I am going into my second season doing taxes, and my company has bunches of books they encourage us to hand out to waiters. I know how valuable they can be in a state like Nevada where it seems every place is on "tip compliance." and it is where your company decides how much tips you are probably earning on a given night and reports it as such to the IRS. But if you have evidence to back up that you received less tips that they are alleging, then you can lower your income by however many dollars, which lowers your tax.
So now I might be slipping one of those cards to them instead, or perhaps tucked inside the book itself.

jgmaynard
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
VERY nice - state representative should be state's representative, however - My state rep is in Concord. :O)

JM

BlueCalico
10-22-2007, 06:24 AM
You can get 250 FREE business cards at Vista Print. See Kansas City's here: http://bluecalico.blogspot.com/. Our MeetUp group members will provide them to our waiters in restaurants across Kansas City.

These are two-sided cards and have a charge, but you can create the one-sided card FREE & just write this message on the back: "THIS IS NOT A TIP! See other side".

ckhagen
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Are there PDFs available for this yet?
I've got a huge stack of printable biz card sheets sitting here that I'll never use for anything else, I would love to start handing these out... we ate out twice today :o

lucius
10-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Wonderful!

Flirple
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
PDF yet?