PDA

View Full Version : Nomi Prins former Goldman executive

SamFisher
04-27-2010, 12:00 PM
explains how the bipartisan political corruption is used by wall street to fleece the public:

YouTube - Nomi Prins - former Goldman Sachs Executive 2. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb3WtCUTyoE)

hugolp
04-27-2010, 12:24 PM
She is obviously a partisan hack. Why are you posting this?

Brian4Liberty
04-27-2010, 01:38 PM
She is obviously a partisan hack.

A partisan in what way?

hugolp
04-27-2010, 02:03 PM
A partisan in what way?

All her "solutions" where pro-goverment, but I kept watching the video because you know, people have their own opinions. I kept watching the "we need more goverment" fest until I saw the title of her second book at the middle of the video. It was something like: "Sacked: How conservatives have are stealing you (wether you vote them or not)". That was enough: Someone who believes that republicans (because that is what she meant by conservatives) are stealing while democrats are trying to help you is either living in lalala land or is a partisan hack.

Just watch the video.

Brian4Liberty
04-27-2010, 02:16 PM
All her "solutions" where pro-goverment, but I kept watching the video because you know, people have their own opinions. I kept watching the "we need more goverment" fest until I saw the title of her second book at the middle of the video. It was something like: "Sacked: How conservatives have are stealing you (wether you vote them or not)". That was enough: Someone who believes that republicans (because that is what she meant by conservatives) are stealing while democrats are trying to help you is either living in lalala land or is a partisan hack.

Just watch the video.

Wow, that was like the last ten seconds of the video, and the host was talking. No wonder I missed it the first time around. I really didn't hear any solutions proposed, more of a description of the problems.

But yes, that title sounds like a dig at "conservatives".

SamFisher
04-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Wow, that was like the last ten seconds of the video, and the host was talking. No wonder I missed it the first time around. I really didn't hear any solutions proposed, more of a description of the problems.

But yes, that title sounds like a dig at "conservatives".

That's because a bastardized version of conservativism is used to steal your money. this is not conservativism as William F Buckley Jr. or Ike understood it. This is a version peddled by private equity moguls like Pete Peterson, oil company honchos like the Koch brothers and sovereign wealth funds like the saudi royal family who's one of the largest shareholders of CITI and Newscorp.

I just heard David H. Walker, former comptroller general, appointed by Clinton in 98, talking about all the burden and responsibilities that the middle and working classes will have to take on if we want "entitlements" in old age or if we get sick. This seems to be the mantra coming from the corporate media 24/7. Apparently about 1/2 of us are not paying taxes at all.

Of course he doesn't tell you that his boss, Pete Peterson makes a living hiding his wealth in offshore tax shelters and there are so many tax loopholes for the few elites he works for that their effective tax rate is basically zero. There is an estimated $1.5 TRILLION wealth hidden offshore ILLEGALLY by the richest american individuals, not to mention the trillions in plain sight that they don't pay taxes on because of perfectly legal loopholes they bought from Congress the last 50 years. Under Ike they paid 90% top marginal tax rate, last I checked the middle class was doing fine and the economy was growing much faster than the national debt.

Look up the Blackstone group, Bain Capital and the Carlyle Group. These are the real masters of the universe: all live off of government contracts and the taxes paid by the middle class while they avoid paying their fair share. Not real conservatives, all of them are corporate marxists and apparatchiks for corporate welfare. Wall Street is full of them: CINOs Conservatives In Name Only! that's what Nomi Prins is talking about. I am just as much against that conservativism as I am against corporate liberalism.

SamFisher
04-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Compare the level of discourse between this:

YouTube - Noam Chomsky vs. William F. Buckley Debate : Part 1 of 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlMEVTa-PI)

and this:

YouTube - Hannity and Traficant Get into Shouting Match Over Israel Lobby and U.S. Policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xMzb-SvWcE)

fox News and MSNBC treat the news as entertainment and they treat us as infants who have no fully developed brains.

"there is a group of enemies who fight against us and we don't fight against them" that's the level of understanding, it never goes beyond this: why do you think that is?! Is this in the interest of the american people?! The dumbing down of discourse and the hatred between liberals and conservatives is sure convenient for the feudal overclass.