PDA

View Full Version : video: phony libertarian causes melodramatic scene at US border

Petar
04-27-2010, 01:12 AM
YouTube - Imprisoned in the USA for "Obstruction of Justice" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEfOKaUIBj0)

I'm also a Canadian, and I live in a border town and deal with US customs somewhat frequently, and this moron is absolutely ridiculous.

This guy came equipped with his voice recorder and his completely belligerent attitude, just BEGGING for these guards to "abuse" him, so that he could cry to everyone on the internet about what a "victim" he is.

I almost wish that those guards had beat the shit out of him, and I think that he may be some kind of co-intel phony "activist" anyway.

Reason
04-27-2010, 01:32 AM
"what stores are you going to?"

Is a seriously bullshit question...

Reason
04-27-2010, 01:38 AM
lmao @ this border guard claiming they catch 3 terrerests a day looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooool

Reason
04-27-2010, 01:42 AM
I call bullshit on this whole story btw...

YouTube - "To Whom It May Concern" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4eFX5WTuZ4)

Petar
04-27-2010, 02:28 AM
"what stores are you going to?"

Is a seriously bullshit question...

When you enter a foreign country, you are agreeing to be investigated.

Border agents regularly ask you stupid annoying questions, and half of their purpose is just to see if you get upset, the way that people with something to hide often do.

People who feel as if they are entitled to enter another persons country, no questions asked, really do deserve to be interrogated like criminals.

Besides, this guy was doing everything that he could to intentionally get the response that he got, and I don't blame the guards for feeling threatened, when he started going off about "are you going to shoot me?", on top of all the rest of his intentionally obnoxious behavior.

"Uttering threats" does sound like a rather stupid charge though, as well as "assault for pulling away", but I somehow doubt he was really charged with either.

"Obstructing justice" would be totally fair though, because this guys whole purpose was just to fuck with these border guards who were just trying to do their jobs.

I'm not sure exactly what is up with this obviously staged event, but the border guards do at least sound real to me.

dannno
04-27-2010, 02:43 AM
When you enter a foreign country, you are agreeing to be investigated.

...and that is why you are a statist

I only agree with it because they have more guns.

Petar
04-27-2010, 03:04 AM
"Statist" implies that I believe in totalitarian government.

If you knew me at all, then you would understand that I believe in minimal government.

1. You can't have a government if you don't define your nations borders.

2. Borders don't mean shit if you don't at least know who is coming and who is going.

3. You probably wanna avoid letting criminals into your country, and that is why it is necessary to investigate those that you do choose to let in.

I'm not saying that everyone should be completely interrogated, but a couple of stupid annoying questions never killed anyone.

Besides, if a person can't handle a couple of stupid annoying questions, just because they believe that they are entitled to enter a foreign country, then they should just be denied entry, to stay in their own homeland, so that they can just sit there and think about what a retarded douchebag that they are.

Stay the fuck out until you learn some civil fucking manners.

Pete_00
04-27-2010, 03:26 AM
From the very beginning you can see, by the tone of his voice, that he was looking for conflict. And why the voice recorder ready?

Some people "intellectualize" too much, the martyr-wannabe was asking for it.

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-27-2010, 03:55 AM
1. You can't have a government if you don't define your nations borders.

Stay the fuck out until you learn some civil fucking manners.

How about going and reading some supreme court cases that elaborate on the limited nature of federal jurisdiction and understanding the reasons borders are defined in state, not federal constitutions and shut the fuck up.

Here is an easy to read primer:
http://www.constitution.org/juris/fedjur1.htm

Feel free to look up all of the citations in it to satisfy your own intellectual constitutional personal development endeavors.

Commonwealth v. Young, Brightly, N.P. 302, 309 (Pa. 1818)

The legislation and authority of congress is confined to cessions by particular states for the seat of government, and purchases made by consent of the legislature of the state, for the purpose of erecting forts. The legislative power and exclusive jurisdiction remained in the several states, of all territory within their limits, not ceded to, or purchased by, congress, with the assent of the state legislature, to prevent the collision of legislation and authority between the United States and the several states

Petar
04-27-2010, 04:33 AM
How about going and reading some supreme court cases that elaborate on the limited nature of federal jurisdiction and understanding the reasons borders are defined in state, not federal constitutions and shut the fuck up.

Here is an easy to read primer:
http://www.constitution.org/juris/fedjur1.htm

Feel free to look up all of the citations in it to satisfy your own intellectual constitutional personal development endeavors.

Thanks for the tip ***!

OK, So let's say that the national borders of the Unites States are handled by individual states.

That would not change the fact that:

1. You can't have a government (national) if you don't define your nations borders.

2. Borders (national) don't mean shit if you don't at least know who is coming and who is going.

3. You probably wanna avoid letting criminals into your country, and that is why it is necessary to investigate those that you do choose to let in.

I mean I know it would be nice if countries didn't have to keep track of immigration between each other, and maybe some day human civilization could get to that point, but not yet, considering how messed up the world is still.