PDA

View Full Version : Does the representative in your district deserve re-election?

tangent4ronpaul
04-26-2010, 03:52 PM
listening to someone talk about - Charlie Cook of Cook Political Report.

Most polls say reps in general don't, but do think theirs does. Do they?

A recent poll had these results:
49% - Yes
40% - No

Now consider that out of the gate, without knowing who their opponent is, 40% want ANYBODY ELSE!

hmmm....

-t

Daamien
04-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Short answer: Absolutely no.

Kotin
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
not at all.. but my liberty candidate lost the republican primary to a huge neocon tool.. so I am still trying to decide but I think I might be voting for the incumbant anyway.. the republican is so terrible.

specsaregood
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
//

Fozz
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
No, Steny Hoyer does not deserve reelection.

tangent4ronpaul
04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Something depressing he said later was that in the past century, in only one case where a presidential candidate had won the seat from the other party, did they as an incumbent not win re-election.

We REALLY need to make that rwice! Obama's got a 67% disapproval rating and I don't know if this country can survive another 6 years of this BS. Besides, this is probably going to be out last chance to get RP a shot at the presidency. He is getting a bit old.

He thinks Repubs are going to win 40+ seats in the House and have a good chance of 10 seats in the Senate.

-t

The Patriot
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Henry Waxman does not deserve re-election. Though he will win in a landslide. I won't even vote in that race.

QueenB4Liberty
04-26-2010, 05:46 PM
No, Michael McCaul does not deserve re-election.

Koz
04-26-2010, 05:55 PM
No Boehner does not, he's a lock though in my district.

akforme
04-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Don Young... could be worse he's 60% right but no.

mikem317
04-26-2010, 06:49 PM
No, but I'll vote. I'll probably write-in myself.

slothman
04-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes but only because she is a power person, high senority(sp), in the House.
She might actually listen to me, if I write, and could change laws.
If there were more candidates with more agreement of my issues then maybe.

I am for term limits, even 1(one) term.
I know people like Rep Ron Paul would be kicked out but imagine all the new folk who weren't already bribed, er lobeyied(sp), with new laws.
A proportional method would work better than this one.

P.S. I am happy with all my votes in the last two elections.
The pres candidate didn't get in, as I guessed but the others were good.

Imperial
04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
I live in Texas congressional district 14...

I am for term limits, even 1(one) term.
I know people like Rep Ron Paul would be kicked out but imagine all the new folk who weren't already bribed, er lobeyied(sp), with new laws.

With the massive electoral turnover rate, wouldnt that make reps reliant on lobbyists to get the funding they need to win elections? Did agree that proportional representation though has certain merits to be (carefully) considered.

tangent4ronpaul
04-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I live in Texas congressional district 14...

You don't need to say anything else.... ;)

-t

Justinjj1
04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Ralph Hall, another typical Republican douchebag that needed to go a long time ago.

Ninja Homer
04-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't like Michelle Bachmann's foreign policy, but she does help out Ron Paul on other things so I'll probably vote for her.

zero
04-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Walter B. Jones is could do better, but he is a Liberty Caucus member and he did support Ron Paul in 2008 and I imagine he will probably support him again in 2012....:)

Brett
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Compared to most Democrats mine has done well.
Too bad he's ranked as the most vulnerable Congressmen. one and done.

ChaosControl
04-26-2010, 08:30 PM
No, not really. But she could be worse too. I wouldn't vote for her in the primary, but she is tolerable enough to vote for in the general.
I don't have the option to vote third party in the general due to the idiotic way my state does elections, otherwise I would.

2young2vote
04-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Where i currently live, Bart Stupak isn't coming back ;)

Where i live with my parents, Not really. He is a typical Neo-con. Opposed the bailouts and healthcare and all that big stuff, but he is still a neo-con. But he is pretty involved with the community in my city. He gets ice cream at my dads ice cream shop and he's a nice guy.

Brian Defferding
04-26-2010, 08:36 PM
I was almost thinking about voting for my Democrat Congressman next election (Dr. Steve Kagen) because he voted against the bailout twice and co-sponsored the Audit the Fed bill, but he also voted for the health care reform bill along with a few other government-expanding bills, so it looks like I'll vote for either a Libertarian or I'll just write in myself. I wish there was a mainstream candidate in my district that actually wanted to protect both civil AND economic liberties, and work towards repealing government instead of growing it.

davesxj
04-26-2010, 08:37 PM
FL District 13. Vern Buchanan.

If I cared I'd do everything in my power to make sure he isn't re elected. BUT I don't so I'll just keep on ignoring his FB invites.

TC95
04-26-2010, 08:40 PM
No, Emanuel Cleaver does not deserve re-election.

ord33
04-26-2010, 08:46 PM
It will feel good to vote for the incumbent in my district and it isnt even TX-Dist. 14!TN Congressman John Duncan - votes in line with Dr. Paul in a very large majority of votes, upholds the constitution and is truly for reducing government spending! I don't think I could ask for much more. I hope he stays in office for a LONG time.

tangent4ronpaul
04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't think anyone is running against my critter. he is HORRID! :(

-t

slothman
04-26-2010, 08:56 PM
I wish there was a mainstream candidate in my district that actually wanted to protect both civil AND economic liberties, and work towards repealing government instead of growing it.

hahaha.
That's a good joke.:D
How many mainstream candidates in ANY district that match your requirements.
I am guessing the number can fit on 1 hand.

Isaac Bickerstaff
04-26-2010, 09:06 PM
I am afraid to say anything bad about John Kline because his brownshirts--er, redshirts-- may kick in my door and lynch me. (asshole neocons)

Athan
04-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Mine? LOL HELL no.

Prester John
04-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Gerry Connolly, 1st term Dem in northern Virginia. The only reason he won last time was the half of the Dems hated him as county board chairman and sending him to Congress was the only way to get rid of him. He's voted 97% of the time with the Queen Bee. Beatable but will not be easy.