PDA

View Full Version : How about this idea...

Anti Federalist
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Kicking around how to move past the money bomb and tea party concepts that have been co-opted by our enemies.

This popped into my mind:

A walkathon or run or march with pledges for those participating, to be used to raise funds for freedom candidates.

Could raise some media awareness, assuming it's not a another blackout like 2008 and allow those who couldn't attend the chance to be part of it.

amy31416
04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Kicking around how to move past the money bomb and tea party concepts that have been co-opted by our enemies.

This popped into my mind:

A walkathon or run or march with pledges for those participating, to be used to raise funds for freedom candidates.

Could raise some media awareness, assuming it's not a another blackout like 2008 and allow those who couldn't attend the chance to be part of it.

And it can't hurt to get some of us computer jockeys away from the internets for a bit either.

I'm game.

freshjiva
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
First-ever Liberty Marathon? I'm currently training for the Marine Corps Marathon in DC. Why not a Liberty Marathon? Run 26.2 miles for Ron Paul? I am down.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2010, 01:26 PM
And it can't hurt to get some of us computer jockeys away from the internets for a bit either.

No kidding, I know I could.

tangent4ronpaul
04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
There was a walk like this going into Saint Lewis that wasn't that successful. The media completely ignored it.

The other problem is getting everyone together to do it, unless it's next to another event that will draw people from all over. I suppose a distributed event could be tried, but like the Tea Parties - sometimes you get a very small showing at some locations and that could be used to show lack of support for out side / candidates by hostile aspects of the media.

A regional thing might work better so people didn't have to travel as far with pledges per mile collected nationwide via the Internet.

A variation like pledge per banner made and hung might be more effective, though there is the cost for materials. That would have the side effect of getting the message out - and bypassing the media.

just a couple of thoughts...

-t

damiengwa
04-26-2010, 01:57 PM

I'm game.

Can i bring my Jesus Phone? Then i can walk AND troll RP Forums over the Inter-Network System...

KCIndy
04-26-2010, 01:58 PM
First-ever Liberty Marathon? I'm currently training for the Marine Corps Marathon in DC. Why not a Liberty Marathon? Run 26.2 miles for Ron Paul? I am down.

If I tried to run 26 miles, I would be "down" too - WAY down, probably six feet under! :) But I'll still say it's a good idea in general.

pooflinger1488
04-26-2010, 02:00 PM
This could be a good idea for local YAL's or CFL to organize.

My buddy ran a marathon for charity and raised about 1 grand to donate to charity through family and such. Could do that accross the nation, run the marathon on one day, and then donate the money to liberty canidates like you said. Would probably make the local news as well.

amy31416
04-26-2010, 02:00 PM
No kidding, I know I could.

Sunshine is good. :)

Can i bring my Jesus Phone? Then i can walk AND troll RP Forums over the Inter-Network System...

Far be it from me to deny you your Jesus phone. :p Can ya get 4-chan on that puppy?

Anti Federalist
04-26-2010, 06:01 PM
///

Nate-ForLiberty
04-26-2010, 06:17 PM
why not have a mass bike ride that follows the path Moresco took?