PDA

View Full Version : Collins Bailey from Maryland -- a Liberty Candidate!

freshjiva
04-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Sorry if there is a thread somewhere else on Collins Bailey, though I did some searching on RPF but couldn't find anything dedicated to this guy.

Anyone know anything about him? I live in Maryland and was driving down Route 1, and saw a massive sign with Collins Bailey's name on it with the phrases "ABOLISH THE IRS" and "Restore the Republic" on it, and of course these are very familiar themes for Paulians :)

Anyone know much about him? Sounds like he's in our camp for sure!

COLLINS BAILEY for CONGRESS, Maryland's 5th Congressional District.

http://www.baileyforuscongress.com

Fozz
04-25-2010, 08:19 PM
I met him last Wednesday, he gave a pretty good talk about our growing national debt and how to fix the problem. He even gave me a free Constitution.

But Collins Bailey is never going to beat Steny Hoyer, not only because of his district, but he is too socially conservative. He describes this country as a Christian Constitutional Republic, and I just cannot agree with the Christian part. Liberals and moderates are adamantly opposed to the idea of mixing religion with government.

I do love everything else about him, and RP endorsed him last election.

charrob
04-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I met him last Wednesday, he gave a pretty good talk about our growing national debt and how to fix the problem. He even gave me a free Constitution.

But Collins Bailey is never going to beat Steny Hoyer, not only because of his district, but he is too socially conservative. He describes this country as a Christian Constitutional Republic, and I just cannot agree with the Christian part. Liberals and moderates are adamantly opposed to the idea of mixing religion with government.

I do love everything else about him, and RP endorsed him last election.

...not sure (i'd have to look up) but isn't Steny Hoyer in congressional district #4?

I agree about the 'Christian Constitutional Republic', in particular in Hoyer's district-- most people in this district don't speak english, or very broken english, and are basically from all over the world. I used to live in that district and i remember one day looking for an item in a jammed-packed k-mart type of store and people were talking Asian, Indian, Hindu, Spanish, French, Muslim and everything else except english: i tend to think the idea of America being a 'Christian Constitutional Republic' is the last thing on their minds... wonder why he doesn't try running in a more conservative part of Maryland (like western Md)?

Fozz
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
...not sure (i'd have to look up) but isn't Steny Hoyer in congressional district #4?

I agree about the 'Christian Constitutional Republic', in particular in Hoyer's district-- most people in this district don't speak english, or very broken english, and are basically from all over the world. I used to live in that district and i remember one day looking for an item in a jammed-packed k-mart type of store and people were talking Asian, Indian, Hindu, Spanish, French, Muslim and everything else except english: i tend to think the idea of America being a 'Christian Constitutional Republic' is the last thing on their minds... wonder why he doesn't try running in a more conservative part of Maryland (like western Md)?

Steny Hoyer is in District #5, but I think Collins Bailey probably lives in southern MD, and western MD already is represented by a hardcore conservative who is almost a liberty supporter (except he is pro-war).

Matt Collins
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
No relation...