PDA

View Full Version : How are the polls looking?

Liberty Stud
04-25-2010, 02:41 PM
How is Adam doing in the polls for his race?

TCE
04-25-2010, 04:32 PM
How is Adam doing in the polls for his race?

This is the only public poll that has been done: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_NM_225.pdf

Liberty Stud
04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
No recent polls???

dr. hfn
04-25-2010, 05:54 PM
that poll was very inspiring

TCE
04-25-2010, 06:40 PM
No recent polls???

No recent public polls, although it is likely that there are internal polls we don't know about.

Nathan Hale
04-25-2010, 07:21 PM
wasn't there some depressing primary poll released a month or two ago?

TCE
04-25-2010, 07:29 PM

Please see my post #2.

libertybrewcity
04-25-2010, 08:11 PM

recently, the only depressing news has been the 81-19 loss at the convention which forced kokesh to collect lots of sigs. it is only a showing of conservative leaders in the district, and not of the people who tend to favor kokesh.

Liberty Stud
04-25-2010, 08:53 PM
recently, the only depressing news has been the 81-19 loss at the convention which forced kokesh to collect lots of sigs.

what are you talking about? can you please elaborate on this? links?

Nathan Hale
04-26-2010, 11:35 AM
recently, the only depressing news has been the 81-19 loss at the convention which forced kokesh to collect lots of sigs. it is only a showing of conservative leaders in the district, and not of the people who tend to favor kokesh.

that's the poll I was thinking of.

Nathan Hale
04-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Please see my post #2.

Please see libertybrewcity's post after your last post

ronpaulhawaii
04-26-2010, 03:32 PM
what are you talking about? can you please elaborate on this? links?

New Mexico is a bizarre place. Ballot access is a challenge.

The GOP "Pre Primary Convention" is like a straw poll for party insiders and Adam got swiftboated, with GOP execs breaking laws, and rules, to smear Kokesh as he was speaking. Even with their machinations we only missed the automatic ballot place by 1 vote. That meant that we had to turn in more signatures. It turns out we had already turned in enough sigs previously, but since we could not get a good answer from the Sec't Of State, we used the opportunity to do a canvassing blitz which had us turning in ~4x the needed sigs. The massive amount of sigs scared off the country club repubs from challenging any and we are on the ballot. Here is a news report regarding the convention.

http://www.muckrakersguide.com/tag/gary-kanin/

“I’m for Adam Kokesh!” former Corrales mayor Gary Kanin declared when asked what he thought of the convention. “Mullins can get the Republican vote, but he’s not gonna do diddly in Santa Fe and Rio Arriba. If you can’t get the Democratic vote as a Republican, you’re not gonna win.”

Kokesh got only 19.5% of the delegates’ vote, which means he’ll have to collect signatures in order to make it on the ballot for District 3. That fact, to Kanin, is “embarrassing: They’re too glued to a successful, business-oriented candidate who cannot win the election.”

And no, there hasn't been any other polling done than the PPP one which showed a tight race all around. After that poll we re-tuned our messaging and it seems to be working.

libertybrewcity
05-01-2010, 01:19 AM
And no, there hasn't been any other polling done than the PPP one which showed a tight race all around. After that poll we re-tuned our messaging and it seems to be working.

how have you retuned the message?

tpreitzel
05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
When's Adam's primary again? Hmmm June 1st....

Money bomb, tomorrow? I don't know if I .... we'll see.

Reason
05-10-2010, 01:27 AM
//

WorldonaString
05-10-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm hoping for good news outta New Mexico. Kokesh would make C-Span so much more interesting!

DirtMcGirt
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Any kind of projections for this race?

DirtMcGirt
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Couldn't find any polling numbers but here is recent article from a santafenewmexican about the race.
Adam's opponent called him an internet celebrity...:D

From May 16
excerpt-
Mullins has been the most aggressive in attacking his primary opponent. At a January Tea Party candidate forum in Rio Rancho, Mullins publicly denounced Kokesh as "an Internet celebrity and a war protester" who didn't deserve the seat, conservative blogger Jim Scarantino reported. This was around the same time Mullins wrote on his campaign blog, "My primary opponent is a war protester and proud of it. I have spoken with many veterans who believe that Adam's actions dishonor the military and our nation's military men and women. I agree with their opinion."

Kokesh's campaign later responded, "We believe that Mr. Mullins' insinuation that Adam's service to our country as a Marine in Iraq isn't worth a line on his resume is a slap in the face to all military personnel and veterans. ... Whatever perspective you may have on our foreign policy, there is no excuse for degrading the sacrifice a veteran has made for our country. It is possible that, because he has never served in the military, Mr. Mullins does not understand the type of commitment and dedication required to volunteer for our armed forces."

In an interview Thursday, Mullins said Kokesh has "a track record of poor judgment." He challenged Kokesh's claim of being a "lifelong Republican" and said Kokesh had never voted in New Mexico.

Kokesh, in an interview, said that for a few years during the Bush administration he became so frustrated with the national GOP leadership that he registered Libertarian. Kokesh said he changed back to Republican in 2008. He said he did vote in the 2008 election and in the nonpartisan Santa Fe mayoral race. "But the reason I didn't vote in New Mexico before that was because I was in the military before I was eligible to vote." He enlisted at the age of 17.

Though he has defended himself against some of Mullins' attacks, Kokesh has not attacked his opponent. "I'm proud that I've run a clean campaign. I've only criticized Tom on his ability to win and on the issues," Kokesh said.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/localnews/3rd-congressional-district--Traditional-Republican--squares-off