PDA

View Full Version : The Courier-Journal will not endorse anyone in KY Republican Senate Race

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 01:57 AM
From the newspaper that calls Sarah Palin an "extremist"... I wonder if they have any influence in KY.

Editorial | In Republican Senate race, a dismal choice

Dr. Paul's maverick streak is a challenge of sorts to the pooh-bah of Kentucky Republicans, U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who at least behind the scenes is backing Mr. Grayson. The secretary of state is positioning himself to be a loyal foot soldier in Mr. McConnell's destructive, dishonest effort to undermine virtually every initiative from the Obama administration.

The trouble with Dr. Paul is that despite his independent thinking, much of what he stands for is repulsive to people in the mainstream [is this bad?].

Read more (http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100425/OPINION01/4250319/Editorial+|+In+Republican+Senate+race++a+dismal+ch oice)

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 01:58 AM
It doesn't surprise me, I was expecting this. From the questions in the interview, they sounded just like brainwashed east-coast liberals.

silus
04-25-2010, 02:02 AM
I personally think its disgusting that a newspaper could even think of endorsing a candidate. But that is another issue, as this newspaper just doesn't seem to like the choices. Pathetic nonetheless.

0zzy
04-25-2010, 02:07 AM
hah, silly liberals, tricks are for kids!

Seriously though, it's almost insulting how pro-choicers will never ever understand the pro-life position. For some unknown reason to me, they think that human life only begins after birth. That truly is an insult to science.

I am not one to say life begins at conception, however. I don't know when life begins. Perhaps when the heart starts beating? But once it does, it's life should be given attention and not looked down upon as nothing more than a "zygote" or "fetus" which lives no life but only is the potential of life depending on the decisions of the mother. It's a ridiculous though process really.

RoamZero
04-25-2010, 02:30 AM
Has the Courier Journal historically endorsed anyone in any prior Republican primaries?

Aratus
04-25-2010, 07:47 AM
why did they ignor gurley L. martin? with the idea that at about 85 ot 86 he has at best
only three good terms in the senate, at least there is a bona fide term limits candidate
if one ignors the sincerity of youthful young doctor rand paul! the C-J staff are idiots!!!

Matt Collins
04-25-2010, 08:08 AM
These guys are out of touch with the rest of Kentucky and even the rest of America for sure.

There are soooo many things wrong with this piece I don't even know where to begin.

Here are a few points just off the top of my head:
- one would think that major media would understand the difference between Libertarian and libertarian. Apparently they are ignorant, lazy, or intentionally deceptive.

- they need to look at research and see that a good portion of the country has libertarian tendencies (http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com/2010/02/dave-boaz-of-cato-overwhelming-number.html).

- why is it liberals think that when a crime is committed (rape) it's ok to perpetuate another crime against another life (abortion)? Have they truly not thought it through, or are they being intellectually dishonest?

- Everyone they mentioned as icons violated the Constitution in a major way.

My guess?
They know that Rand is going to win and they are already doing everything they can to stop that freight train of a victory in November.