PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff - "I'm almost tapped out of cash!!, I need your help!"

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-24-2010, 06:06 PM
YouTube - Schiff for Senate May Day Money Bomb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sbJK2heW0w&feature=player_embedded#)!

V-rod
04-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I wasn't planning on donating to anyone this year, but I'm in for $50 next Saturday.

Schiff is the man.

ctiger2
04-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Bump

Kotin
04-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Bump

cswake
04-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Personally I think he is the most articulate, likable, and credible candidate the liberty movement has. He alone could cause a lot of good in the Senate - can't imagine what's possible if he also has Rand to work with.

pcosmar
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Man, I have been unemployed for over 4 years. I have seen several money bombs for this guy.

Millionaires begging for money ( from poor folks) kind of sets my teeth wrong.

:(

Sentient Void
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Damn, I'm seriously like *out* of money - but I'm donating $50 anyways.

Bergie Bergeron
04-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Where did all that money go?!

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Man, I have been unemployed for over 4 years. I have seen several money bombs for this guy.

You've been unemployed for 4 years? Who pays your bills? The taxpayers? If so, stop complaining about the guy who is paying your bills!

Peter should be thanked for what he is doing. You're totally out of place here.

pcosmar
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM
You've been unemployed for 4 years? Who pays your bills? The taxpayers? If so, stop complaining about the guy who is paying your bills!

Fuck you. I get no Taxpayer money. No one is paying my bills. :mad:

torchbearer
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM

you know what assuming does?

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 08:49 PM
you know what assuming does?

I haven't assumed anything. I said IF. And put a question mark.

Even if the IF is false, he is out of place discouraging donations for Schiff.

torchbearer
04-24-2010, 08:59 PM
I haven't assumed anything. I said IF. And put a question mark.

Even if the IF is false, he is out of place discouraging donations for Schiff.

um

You're totally out of place here.

You don't have that authority. These words should never be spoken to anyone here unless your are the owner.

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 09:01 PM
You don't have that authority. These words should never be spoken to anyone here unless your are the owner.

I wasn't using the literal meaning, since I am not the owner. But the dictionary contains the figurative meaning.

*out of place

Fig. inappropriate. (*Typically: be ~; Seem ~.) That kind of behavior is out of place at a party. Your crude language is out of place.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/out+of+place

torchbearer
04-24-2010, 09:06 PM
I wasn't using the literal meaning, since I am not the owner. But the dictionary contains the figurative meaning.

*out of place

Fig. inappropriate. (*Typically: be ~; Seem ~.) That kind of behavior is out of place at a party. Your crude language is out of place.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/out+of+place

and do you know that we have democrats, republicans, indies, lpers, cpers, anarchs here?
who is out of place?

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 09:09 PM
and do you know that we have democrats, republicans, indies, lpers, cpers, anarchs here?
who is out of place?

Any anarchist, lpers, cpers, anarchs, indi, republican, democrats, ron paul supporters who discourage donations for Schiff.

torchbearer
04-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Any anarchist, lpers, cpers, anarchs, indi, republican, democrats, ron paul supporters who discourage donations for Schiff.

if they have a valid disagreement, what is wrong with that?

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 09:17 PM
if they have a valid disagreement, what is wrong with that?

This thread was made with the intention to support donations for Schiff. Good job derailing it. I'm surprised, as you usually call on the "purists" to do the right thing. Disappointing, torch.

TCE
04-24-2010, 09:22 PM
If you want to debate Schiff again, and I would be more than happy to, we can take it to HT. As of this moment, I can't see how attacking people who won't donate to Schiff, especially when they haven't even posted on this topic, will help him. Anyone who does or doesn't is making a choice.

Bergie currently has the best post on this thread.

Taco John
04-24-2010, 09:29 PM

I disagree with this sentiment. Peter shouldn't be expected to fund the campaign primarily with his own money. A campaign is a movement, and the efficacy of that movement is measured not only by votes, but also financial support.

No1ButPaul08
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM
nevermind

pacelli
04-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Talk about totally out of place... pcosmar has a point. You're too blinded by idol worship to notice what in the hell it is.

PS-- DONATE TO SCHIFF NOW

Baptist
04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
*** thread hijack alert ***

at least the thread is getting bumped though lol

JeNNiF00F00
04-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Talk about totally out of place... pcosmar has a point. You're too blinded by idol worship to notice what in the hell it is.

PS-- DONATE TO SCHIFF NOW

Hear Hear!

No1ButPaul08
04-24-2010, 10:15 PM

These two events are unrelated. There have been more money bombs for Rand. Did you post you were unemployed in those threads?

I can't understand the hate for Schiff sometimes on here. He has said from the beginning he wasn't going to fund this campaign himself. He was drafted into the campaign and he's not supposed to ask for donations? Also more donations and donators shows he's a candidate who actually has support and someone who is not trying to buy the election, unlike one of his opponents.

The guy is sacrificing his time and money. Not only the money he's spending on the campaign but the time he's using not growing his business.

Do you think he would rather travel the world and get paid to speak or travel CT and pay to speak?

I don't understand the point of your post and it really derailed the thread. Good work.

No1ButPaul08
04-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Where did all that money go?!

Well he had 2.5 million total. In one of his video blogs I believe he said it was 500k for 2 weeks worth of TV and radio. He said he reserved time up until the convention. That made for I believe 6 weeks worth which would be 1.5 million. Another 500k on the rest of his campaign so far ( a guess, seems a little high, but he declared in Sept., 8 months ago). 500k on hand and there you go.

pcosmar
04-24-2010, 10:25 PM
These two events are unrelated. There have been more money bombs for Rand. Did you post you were unemployed in those threads?.
I have posted about my situation several times.

I can't understand the hate for Schiff sometimes on here. He has said from the beginning he wasn't going to fund this campaign himself. He was drafted into the campaign and he's not supposed to ask for donations? Also more donations and donators shows he's a candidate who actually has support and someone who is not trying to buy the election, unlike one of his opponents.

The guy is sacrificing his time and money. Not only the money he's spending on the campaign but the time he's using not growing his business.

Do you think he would rather travel the world and get paid to speak or travel CT and pay to speak?

I don't understand the point of your post and it really derailed the thread. Good work.

No hate for Schiff, but an accumulation of annoyance at the constant begging for money.
I have been more and more annoyed as time has gone on.
I have been just deleting numerous E-mails without bothering to read them for this same reason.
It's just getting old.

ninepointfive
04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Ohh man, I thought I was infallible this season about only donating my time and efforts!

Money money money!

pacelli
04-24-2010, 10:49 PM
No hate for Schiff, but an accumulation of annoyance at the constant begging for money.
I have been just deleting numerous E-mails without bothering to read them for this same reason.
It's just getting old.

Ditto. This isn't a fundraising forum. It is an activism forum. "Donor saturation" aka "donor fatigue" hasn't magically disappeared since it first occurred in 2008. Donor fatigue is not going to go away. It is a growing trend, and tells us a little bit about where we are going. Anyone who expects to get a significant amount of FRNs from this forum is not paying attention to the trends. There are ways to be a liberty activist and not give a penny to any campaign.

mstrmac1
04-24-2010, 10:55 PM

Whatever your situation is...Its not everyone. Its causing you to act over emotional. Just because you are getting emailed by the schiff campaign does not mean he is begging for money.

We finally have a candidate who will stand up to the status-quo and your making him seem like a money hawk. Don't bring us all down because of YOUR situation! Feel free Not to donate or unsubscribe from his email list!

Thank You.

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 11:03 PM
It's just getting old.

If asking to do what it takes to win a Senate seat is annoying to you, please unsubscribe from the e-mail list and leave us alone!

JeNNiF00F00
04-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Whatever your situation is...Its not everyone. Its causing you to act over emotional. Just because you are getting emailed by the schiff campaign does not mean he is begging for money.

We finally have a candidate who will stand up to the status-quo and your making him seem like a money hawk. Don't bring us all down because of YOUR situation! Feel free Not to donate or unsubscribe from his email list!

Thank You.

Its not just him. Probably half this board is unemployed right now, and just about EVERYDAY there is a moneybomb. People are tapped out.

mstrmac1
04-24-2010, 11:08 PM
When in Rome..

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Mods, can you move the hijacking posts to another thread please?

This is a thread about raising money for Schiff, not a debate about the unemployment level of people in the forum.

mstrmac1
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Mods, can you move the hijacking posts to another thread please?

This is a thread about raising money for Schiff, not a debate about the unemployment level of people in the forum.

Agreed!

pcosmar
04-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Hey
There is a banner at the top of the page. There is a Schiff forum. Use it.
And it is not just Shiff, It is CFL, Rand, and several other groups.
There are almost daily begging threads.
It is getting old.

mstrmac1
04-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey
It is getting old.

Your getting old...

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Hey
It is getting old.

alright, I reposted this thread on the Schiff forum.

congratulations on your thread hijack.

JeNNiF00F00
04-24-2010, 11:32 PM
alright, I reposted this thread on the Schiff forum.

congratulations on your thread hijack.

Thank you, and you are welcome.

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Thank you, and you are welcome.

what an ass.

i wasn't even addressing you. it was hijacked way before your first post, so don't take credit.

JeNNiF00F00
04-24-2010, 11:36 PM
what an ass.

i wasn't even addressing you. you didn't to the deed, so don't take credit.

Why thank you. I've been told it was nice looking.

tnvoter
04-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Definitely bombing for this one.

Kotin
04-25-2010, 12:25 AM
I would not describe asking for donations as begging.. Begging was what a lot of us did to get Peter to run in the first place.. He deserves our support. If you cannot donate, fine.. But don't call the man a beggar because he is asking for help.. It may be him personally running, but he represents us all.. This kind of talk is a bit ridiculous.. It takes money to run a campaign, sorry..

Nate-ForLiberty
04-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Why thank you. I've been told it was nice looking.

youtube or it didn't happen.

JeNNiF00F00
04-25-2010, 12:47 AM
youtube or it didn't happen.

I dont think you could handle it! :P

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Ditto. This isn't a fundraising forum. It is an activism forum. "Donor saturation" aka "donor fatigue" hasn't magically disappeared since it first occurred in 2008. Donor fatigue is not going to go away. It is a growing trend, and tells us a little bit about where we are going. Anyone who expects to get a significant amount of FRNs from this forum is not paying attention to the trends. There are ways to be a liberty activist and not give a penny to any campaign.

I was going to start a new thread on that issue.

I do OK for myself and have kicked in quite a few bucks over the past couple of years, some people here have gone way beyond that, into tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I've done it happily and willingly.

But "donor fatigue" is setting in, you can only do so much and it seems like every day there is a new money bomb for this or that person.

If you don't want to make mockery of the whole money bomb idea then maybe it's time to concentrate and focus more and not be so scattergunned about it.

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Sure donor fatigue is setting in, but it so happens that our mayor 3 candidates have two primaries and one convention all in May. What can we do? There's no option but trying to raise money.

Discouraging donors and disparaging candidates as "beggars" is not going to help us fund the election. If you can't/don't want to donate, don't do it, fine. But the fact that the states of KY, CT, and IN set their elections in May is something beyond the control of the candidates and the forum. Donor fatigue might be a fact, but the election calendar is real and unchangeable, so we'll just have to deal with it, even if some people are tired.

After May there will be a decrease in the request of donations. But this it not the time to give up, we are getting close to the finish line.

JeNNiF00F00
04-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Sure donor fatigue is setting in, but it so happens that our mayor 3 candidates have two primaries and one convention all in May. What can we do? There's no option but trying to raise money.

Discouraging donors and disparaging candidates as "beggers" is not going to help us fund the election. If you can't/don't want to donate, don't do it, fine. But the fact that the states of KY, CT, and IN set their elections in May is something beyond the control of the candidates and the forum. Donor fatigue might be a fact, but the election calendar is real and unchangeable, so we'll just have to deal with it, even if some people are tired.

No one is discouraging anything. Youre the one discouraging people to participate in the forums however.

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 01:02 AM
No one is discouraging anything. Youre the one discouraging people to participate in the forums however.

For some reason you decided to mock me when I was addressing someone else and gloated about hijacking an important thread. I don't think replying to your posts is worth it.

tremendoustie
04-25-2010, 01:04 AM

I do OK for myself and have kicked in quite a few bucks over the past couple of years, some people here have gone way beyond that, into tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

But "donor fatigue" is setting in, you can only do so much and it seems like every day there is a new money bomb for this or that person.

If you don't want to make mockery of the whole money bomb idea then maybe it's time to concentrate and focus more and not be so scattergunned about it.

Yeah, I was bummed that the B.J. Lawson money bomb didn't do better. I haven't been participating in fund raising too much since the RP campaign, but that was one I was excited about.

Frankly, although fund raising for campaigns is good, I think it's time for a new paradigm shift, which it'd be great to have in place for RP '12, assuming it happens.

I'd like to see people empowered to support specific efforts they believe in -- running particular ads, sending particular mailers, etc. I'm confident that the net intelligence of activists is superior to central campaign management.

Here's one example of the way this kind of thing could be implemented: YouTube - Liberty Club Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnDkljuan7A)

I think it also might help increase enthusiasm.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 01:10 AM
I'd like to see people empowered to support specific efforts they believe in -- running particular ads, sending particular mailers, etc. I'm confident that the net intelligence of activists is superior to central campaign management.

I think it also might help increase enthusiasm.

An excellent idea, donating to specific actions within a campaign.

Gives a greater sense of "ownership".

Just so long as it doesn't devolve into a bunch of factional fighting nonsense, ie: blimpers vs. non-blimpers.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I was bummed that the B.J. Lawson money bomb didn't do better.

Meant to comment on that as well.

It's tough to overcome the "regionalism".

I understand perfectly the argument, a friend of liberty is a friend of liberty no matter who's district they are representing.

But the fact remains, it would be tough for me to drum up financial support for a NH district 12 state house rep or even senator or governor.

It just as tough for say, Gunny or even someone like Schiff or Lawson to overcome that.

Nate-ForLiberty
04-25-2010, 01:30 AM
I dont think you could handle it! :P

"No! Don't do it!! IT'S TOO SEXY!!"

http://img.snlarc.jt.org/caps/episode_sketches/1998-11-21-5.jpg

".....but I must!" :D

nandnor
04-25-2010, 03:47 AM
nvm

qwerty
04-25-2010, 05:16 AM
spread the word!

qwerty
04-25-2010, 05:17 AM

LOL!

Just think how much Peter sacrifices for you (time and money).

Btw. If Peter gets to senate you have better chances to get a job. ;)

ClayTrainor
04-25-2010, 06:38 AM

I'm with you on that.

I'm always annoyed thinking about how all this hard earned money, will be used to funnel ad revenue back into the propaganda networks that work against the ideas of Liberty. There's gotta be a better strategy.

qwerty
04-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm with you on that.

I'm always annoyed thinking about how all this hard earned money, will be used to funnel ad revenue back into the propaganda networks that work against the ideas of Liberty. There's gotta be a better strategy.

LOL!

Where would the liberty movement be now without all the money spent for example to Ron Paulīs campaign ?

We are now winning the fight and now people are not putting the money where mouth is ? Yeah, thatīs reaaaaally smart!

I full of this complaining, itīs never good for some of you. First you complain that you donīt have candidates to support for who have chances to win. When you have that kind of candidates, you complain if they ask for money...

Yeah, letīs loose the fight for liberty once again and save few hundred dollars ( which wonīt have any value soon)

speciallyblend
04-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Fuck you. I get no Taxpayer money. No one is paying my bills. :mad:

i hear you man!! do not let others judge you! it is so easy for folks to judge you. I feel your sentiment!! honestly focus on your local races. if folks want to jump on you so quickly. they can donate for you to!!!

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Damn!! Thread got str8 up jacked!!

ClayTrainor
04-25-2010, 09:01 AM
[Quote]
Where would the liberty movement be now without all the money spent for example to Ron Paulīs campaign ?

About where it is now, with a few million more in our pockets for grassroots projects. I simply don't like the idea of funneling my money into the pockets of guys like Rupert Murdoch, and Rush Limbaugh which is exactly where a lot of political advertising loot will go.

We are now winning the fight and now people are not putting the money where mouth is ? Yeah, thatīs reaaaaally smart!

What are the odds? What happens if we don't win, Is there any return on the investment at all?

Many people in this economy don't have very much money for their daily lives, and are in debt, and they are still donating what they can to political campaigns. I personally would advise that my poor friends get out of debt and earn financial freedom, before I would ever suggest they take on more debt to help out a self-made millionaire candidate. What about you?

I full of this complaining, itīs never good for some of you. First you complain that you donīt have candidates to support for who have chances to win. When you have that kind of candidates, you complain if they ask for money...

That's a generalized straw-man. That first complaint is not one of mine.

Just throwing out my 2 cents. People should absolutely donate to Peter if they want to and can afford it.

speciallyblend
04-25-2010, 09:02 AM
curious where is all his state supporters??? We have liberty Candidates in "Colorado" that are already winning delegate votes and local polls!!

I want schiff to win,but as a voter and liberty supporter! i am supporting candidates that have won their primary delegate votes in Colorado and can win their primary election and win their general election!!

like i said i like schiff but shouldn't his own supporters in his state step up!!! We are in Colorado!!!

i wish i had money to donate to him! i post in hopes someone can donate something to Schiff's Campaign.

maybe after i lose my house and everything. i might be able to spare something!!

i think clay makes valid points!!!!

cswake
04-25-2010, 09:22 AM
His town halls at the Republican meetings seem to have very positive responses. The true test of his viability will come at the Connecticut Republican delegate convention on May 21-22. (http://www.hartfordrepublicans.org/)

pacelli
04-25-2010, 09:41 AM

I've also spent thousands on Ron Paul's campaigns. I've got some comments about money bomb planning if you wanted to start a new thread. I think money bombs (and make-up moneybombs) have gotten out of control and solutions need to be developed. Otherwise, we are setting ourselves up for $4000/day money bombs come 2012. If we don't start making some small common sense changes in how fundraising is done, we'll be caught flat-footed for 2012 and will be using 4-year old techniques designed for 1 campaign and applying those techniques to at least a dozen campaigns.

The tap is going to run dry for Ron Paul if we don't make some changes. Again I have some ideas and am willing to help solve the problem, but obviously that can't be accomplished in this thread.

Bergie Bergeron
04-25-2010, 09:45 AM
I've also spent thousands on Ron Paul's campaigns. I've got some comments about money bomb planning if you wanted to start a new thread. I think money bombs (and make-up moneybombs) have gotten out of control and solutions need to be developed. Otherwise, we are setting ourselves up for $4000/day money bombs come 2012. If we don't start making some small common sense changes in how fundraising is done, we'll be caught flat-footed for 2012 and will be using 4-year old techniques designed for 1 campaign and applying those techniques to at least a dozen campaigns.

The tap is going to run dry for Ron Paul if we don't make some changes. Again I have some ideas and am willing to help solve the problem, but obviously that can't be accomplished in this thread.
Start a thread, good idea.

qwerty
04-25-2010, 10:08 AM
About where it is now, with a few million more in our pockets for grassroots projects. I simply don't like the idea of funneling my money into the pockets of guys like Rupert Murdoch, and Rush Limbaugh which is exactly where a lot of political advertising loot will go.

Without Ron Paulīs campaign we wouldnīt have grassroot like this.

You can reach more people in radio or tv, thatīs simply a fact.

Are you really thinking that you are just giving your money away if we buy some tv ads ?

Iīm thinking that we are buying time for our message in mainstream media and reaching people new people with our ideas.

What are the odds? What happens if we don't win, Is there any return on the investment at all?

If you take a look at the video, Peter tells you the odds.

Ron Paul lost, but he started a revolution.

We are preparing for bigger thing in 2010, itīs 2012. All the new people we get now will help us in 2012.

Many people in this economy don't have very much money for their daily lives, and are in debt, and they are still donating what they can to political campaigns. I personally would advise that my poor friends get out of debt and earn financial freedom, before I would ever suggest they take on more debt to help out a self-made millionaire candidate. What about you?

You know. I really think that dollar WILL crash if the direction is not changed.

What will those people do then... What will they do when the dollar is worth toilet paper ?

So you really think that Peter should spend only his own money for his campaign, cause he happens to be a millionaire ?

I think that you forget that people DRAFTED Peter to run.

That's a generalized straw-man. That first complaint is not one of mine.

Just throwing out my 2 cents. People should absolutely donate to Peter if they want to and can afford it.

Yeah, it wasnīt yours but thatīs the feeling i get here.

First we complain how thereīs nobody to vote for and now when thereīs plenty of awesome candidates, some are not ready to support them.

I agree that if you canīt donate, you shouldnīt. BUT there are still TON of things you can do for Peter.

You can spread the word about the moneybomb, all that costs is your internet connection payment and time.

pacelli
04-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Here's a new thread to discuss moneybombs, donor saturation, and coming up with solutions for 2012:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241786

speciallyblend
04-25-2010, 10:46 AM
damn!! Thread got str8 up jacked!!

if anyone can donate ,please do!

qwerty
04-25-2010, 11:33 AM
if anyone can donate ,please do!

And if you canīt donate, you can still do ton of things for FREE!

TCE
04-25-2010, 11:37 AM
1. Anyone who thinks Peter isn't loving all of this publicity from the Senate run doesn't know business very well. This is doing wonders for getting him out in the public eye and helping his name recognition, which will in turn help EuroPac, all on our dime.

2. Look at the comparison between Rand and Schiff. $2.6 million for Rand, almost $2 million for Schiff. That's only $600,000, which isn't that much. Consider that a couple of PACs have donated to Rand and many in-state Kentuckians and other mainstream Republicans have as well. This is not the case for Schiff. It is mostly all us for his fund raising and he has apparently blown almost all of it while Rand still has a nice amount of cash on hand. Even if he makes it to the General, which is virtually impossible at this point, how will he beat Blumenthal? Blumenthal is running roughly 20 points ahead and Schiff is out of money now. Ask yourself, would my money better be spent giving it to Gunny, who has an excellent chance? Maybe Rand? Perhaps another candidate like Hostettler, who needs dramatically less?

Since this has been derailed, all of my points are now actually on topic.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Even if he makes it to the General, which is virtually impossible at this point, how will he beat Blumenthal? Blumenthal is running roughly 20 points ahead and Schiff is out of money now. Ask yourself, would my money better be spent giving it to Gunny, who has an excellent chance? Maybe Rand? Perhaps another candidate like Hostettler, who needs dramatically less?

That ^^

Sometimes you gotta fold, take account of your losses and move to the next hand.

TCE
04-25-2010, 11:58 AM
That ^^

Sometimes you gotta fold, take account of your losses and move to the next hand.

As Schiff says, "Don't throw good money after bad."

cswake
04-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I would argue that Schiff has a higher hurdle since he is being substantially out-funded by McMahon AND he doesn't have the name recognition that Rand had from Ron.

qwerty
04-25-2010, 12:06 PM
1. Anyone who thinks Peter isn't loving all of this publicity from the Senate run doesn't know business very well. This is doing wonders for getting him out in the public eye and helping his name recognition, which will in turn help EuroPac, all on our dime.

2. Look at the comparison between Rand and Schiff. $2.6 million for Rand, almost $2 million for Schiff. That's only $600,000, which isn't that much. Consider that a couple of PACs have donated to Rand and many in-state Kentuckians and other mainstream Republicans have as well. This is not the case for Schiff. It is mostly all us for his fund raising and he has apparently blown almost all of it while Rand still has a nice amount of cash on hand. Even if he makes it to the General, which is virtually impossible at this point, how will he beat Blumenthal? Blumenthal is running roughly 20 points ahead and Schiff is out of money now. Ask yourself, would my money better be spent giving it to Gunny, who has an excellent chance? Maybe Rand? Perhaps another candidate like Hostettler, who needs dramatically less?

Since this has been derailed, all of my points are now actually on topic.

Hmmmm, Is Trey Grayson as rich as Mcmahon ?

Peter is in the race for publicity ? :rolleyes:

Yeah, he doesnīt get enough publicity from Fox etc show where he has been regular for a long time. :rolleyes:

i can guarantee that no other senate is as bright as Peter when it comes to economics. And America is in mess, cause of economic reasons!

And Peter can win, he just doesnīt have the name recognition yet.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I would argue that Schiff has a higher hurdle since he is being substantially out-funded by McMahon AND he doesn't have the name recognition that Rand had from Ron.

Yeah, all of these are true.

But you have to look at where he's running as well and to me that was always the biggest hurdle.

Like running a liberty candidate for Congress in NYC.

JamesButabi
04-25-2010, 12:08 PM
And if you canīt donate, you can still do ton of things for FREE!

This is the biggest thing. It seems half of the board aren't giving Peter appropriate attention, or always trying to knock this campaign down even though his numbers are increasing. If you watch the townhalls, people there are excited and receptive. I keep getting confirmation from people in CT that his newest ads are now being blanketed. Also his primary is months away. Im actually a little disturbed at the lack of enthusiasm surrounding his campaign on the forum.

Has anyone been listening to Peters town halls? Do they not hear his plan for exposing the hipocracry over the budget and how he will not flinch? How he will call people out publicly and make them take a stand? This isn't worth pushing for? Step it up or step aside. If you get people fired up the area wont matter (ask martha coakley). Get Peter to the general and watch how debates turn out between him and Blumenthall.

qwerty
04-25-2010, 12:09 PM
People who say that he canīt win are not paying attention, thatīs for sure. :rolleyes:

qwerty
04-25-2010, 12:11 PM
This is the biggest thing. It seems half of the board aren't giving Peter appropriate attention, or always trying to knock this campaign down even though his numbers are increasing. If you watch the townhalls, people there are excited and receptive. I keep getting confirmation from people in CT that his newest ads are now being blanketed. Also his primary is months away. Im actually a little disturbed at the lack of enthusiasm surrounding his campaign on the forum.

Has anyone been listening to Peters town halls? Do they not hear his plan for exposing the hipocracry over the budget and how he will not flinch? How he will call people out publicly and make them take a stand? This isn't worth pushing for? Step it up or step aside.

It seems that many here are just like the ones they are saying they are not.

You know the "horse-race"-type people. "you just have to pick the winner and go with that"

This is about principles and fighting for those principles when itīs needed!

Kotin
04-25-2010, 12:45 PM
That ^^

Dude this is Peter Schiff we are talking about here.. If anyone can do it it is peter. And he says he can win.. I believe him, he doesn't bullshit.

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 12:49 PM
That ^^

you're already giving up for a race that's in August? are you serious?

Free Moral Agent
04-25-2010, 01:41 PM
I have confidence in Peter Schiff, otherwise I wouldn't have donated. This is a guy that was really on the fence about running, and now that WE encouraged him to run and he's now in the thick of it, there are some that want to abandon him!? He's already put his money where his mouth is, now its our turn.

squarepusher
04-25-2010, 01:48 PM

+1

No1ButPaul08
04-25-2010, 02:01 PM

This is pure nonsense. All this publicity? He got more publicity when he wasn't running for Senate. He had to cancel a deal with CNBC's Fast Money because he was running. Peter would do a lot better for Europac on the world economic conference circuit getting paid and attracting wealthy clients rather than paying to be on the CT RTC speaking circuit. All the time he's spending on his campaign he's not spending starting up his second mutual fund or PM business. And it's not all on our dime, Peter has kicked in 500k of his own money.

Kotin
04-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I have confidence in Peter Schiff, otherwise I wouldn't have donated. This is a guy that was really on the fence about running, and now that WE encouraged him to run and he's now in the thick of it, there are some that want to abandon him!? He's already put his money where his mouth is, now its our turn.

This!

Daamien
04-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Many of you are extremely hypocritical for using this thread to complain money bomb requests on the general forum, about the onset of donor fatigue, about allegations of a lack of in-state grassroots supporters (take a wild guess where I'm from), and how you think that Peter doesn't have a chance in the primary or general election. Were threads regarding money bombs such as Rand's recent ones or even Ron's in 2007 and 2008 hijacked this way? No. Did you complain about these things then? No. If you want to complain, then create a separate thread. The derailing of this thread is very immature.

If you can't contribute to the campaign with a monetary donation, then please consider contributing some of your time by making phone calls to Connecticut voters on the Schiff for Senate site:
http://wildfire.schiffforsenate.com/

Thanks for the enthusiasm. I hope the May 1st money bomb is a success and will be giving $100!

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Dude this is Peter Schiff we are talking about here.. If anyone can do it it is peter. And he says he can win.. I believe him, he doesn't bullshit.

True enough. I hope he's right.

you're already giving up for a race that's in August? are you serious?

Nope, not giving up, and I've given money to Schiff, all I'm saying is be realistic.

Even if he wins the primary challenge he's running 20 points behind Blumenthal in a overwhelmingly liberal, democrat state.

Look, I not trying to dampen enthusiasm here, what I'm trying to do is one of the hardest things to do, temper enthusiasm without quenching it.

There was an abundance of enthusiasm in the run up to the NH primaries in 2008. I know, I was part of that. Polls would come out that showed RP in the 8 percent range and they would be shouted down as biased, unreliable, and not truly representative of the voting public. Turns out those polls were just about dead nuts on.

Everything we do as "small government" people is based on a realistic assessment of the world situation, financial situation or political situation, unclouded by "wish it were so" desires. The same exact position should be taken in races that "our" people are running in.

It should also be realistic to recognize that the freedom movement is not a bottomless well of funding, come back to it too many times and sooner or later that well will be dry, most likely at the time you need it most.

pacelli
04-25-2010, 03:18 PM
If you want to complain, then create a separate thread. The derailing of this thread is very immature.

I'd invite anyone who is interested in complaining as a problem-solving method to plan ahead for 2012 to join me in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241786

As long as your complaints and grievances are also submitted with your ideas/solutions to resolve the issues, its fair game. It is not a vent thread, it is a planning thread for 2012. Thank you.

Kotin
04-25-2010, 03:32 PM
/Double post

Kotin
04-25-2010, 03:34 PM
True enough. I hope he's right.

Nope, not giving up, and I've given money to Schiff, all I'm saying is be realistic.

Even if he wins the primary challenge he's running 20 points behind Blumenthal in a overwhelmingly liberal, democrat state.

Look, I not trying to dampen enthusiasm here, what I'm trying to do is one of the hardest things to do, temper enthusiasm without quenching it.

There was an abundance of enthusiasm in the run up to the NH primaries in 2008. I know, I was part of that. Polls would come out that showed RP in the 8 percent range and they would be shouted down as biased, unreliable, and not truly representative of the voting public. Turns out those polls were just about dead nuts on.

Everything we do as "small government" people is based on a realistic assessment of the world situation, financial situation or political situation, unclouded by "wish it were so" desires. The same exact position should be taken in races that "our" people are running in.

It should also be realistic to recognize that the freedom movement is not a bottomless well of funding, come back to it too many times and sooner or later that well will be dry, most likely at the time you need it most.

I understand and am in a similar boat..

But when I see this man speak I cannot help but believe him when he says if he can get his message out he can win..

But what i have been thinking is we need to focus on spreading out our fundraising. Especially in the case of peter.. Remember, he has an huge fan base on YouTube.. Like 20,000, I am willing to bet that many of them are outside our movement .. We need to tap those untapped donors..

We need more YouTube videos for one thing.. During 2008 we had literally 10's or 100's of different videos for single money bombs..

We need to explore new avenues in raising money.. We created the money bomb, I know we can jump this hurdle..

DjLoTi
04-25-2010, 03:36 PM
You guys are getting sucked into your own drama. I only read the first 40 posts but...

I'm just sayin'

BTW Schiff is the man and even though I got robbed $2,500 yesterday, I'll donate $5. Yes there are witnesses and I know who did it (a 'friend') and let me say... I'm nailing his ass to the coffin. I'm charging him with every thing I can, like 3 to 4 felonies and a class A mis.

I wish I could just ask for money to help me but unfortunately nobody likes charity in this world. It would be a miracle if just 1 person could donate me something like the max you can donate to a politician. But I never ask for a handout, either. (not that i wouldn't take it =P) =[ !

Young Paleocon
04-25-2010, 03:52 PM
All I have to say regarding Schiff's chances against Blumenthal in the general is imagine the debate one on one between the two broadcast across Connecticut and the country.....Just fuckin imagine....

TCE
04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
http://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary.php?cycle=2010&id=CTS2

According to this, Schiff threw in $550,000 of his own money. He had $1 million on hand as of the March report date. How did he burn $1 million and not go up but 5% in the polls? He had more than Rand as of that date and has done virtually nothing with it. If what he is saying is true, he has spent almost $3 million and hasn't cracked 11% in the Republican Primary. How much is it going to take? It's looking like $8 million minimum. Then we have the General.

What could we do with that much money? A lot. We could fund so many liberty candidates it's insane. Think what Gunny could do with just $50,000, he could win his race right there. What about a few hundred thousand to B.J. Lawson? Hostettler? Who is out of money as well.

I did not derail this thread, now that it is on this topic, this is now on topic. There is a reason some of us don't go to the Schiff forum and don't post on Schiff stuff in the General Politics forum.

I support everyone making their own decisions, I just don't want anyone to be duped into thinking Schiff is viable when he clearly isn't.

TCE
04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
All I have to say regarding Schiff's chances against Blumenthal in the general is imagine the debate one on one between the two broadcast across Connecticut and the country.....Just fuckin imagine....

Because everyone will be paying attention to a Senate Election in Connecticut that shows one candidate up 20 points. He still has to come from 20-30 points down in the Primary.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
We need to explore new avenues in raising money.. We created the money bomb, I know we can jump this hurdle..

Couldn't agree more.

As much fun as the "bombs" were/are as a fundraising and more importantly as a means to raise media awareness, when the establishment latches on to them and they are as common as "pig tracks" as Pacelli already noted, then yes, it's time to come up with something new.

Especially when we flood the field with multitudinous money bombs as well.

I know we can come up with something new, like you said, we invented the fool things, along with the tea parties, fundraising blimps, using online meetups and social networking sites, we forged the way in all of those.

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Schiff went up. He was 4% and now he is 9%.

It's not sound to compare Rand's with Peter's expenditures, because media buys in Connecticut are much more expensive.

Some of the money Schiff spent were advance buys for upcoming ads.

Daamien
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Correct. As he states in the video, there are new radio and TV ads that he has paid stations to run soon.

GoatsGoneWild
04-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Outside of Ron Paul himself, Peter Schiff is probably the best liberty candidate and mouthpiece for libertarian ideals there is. I support Rand and have have donated repeatedly to his campaign, but I have more respect for Schiff's candor.

A lot of people have been critical of Schiff's foreign policy positions, but his views are no more "neo-connish" than Rand's are. Frankly, I think Schiff is so focused on economic issues that he might not be well versed on issues such as blowback and non-intervention. Notice that foreign policy only comes up in RTC meetings when Schiff is asked about it. Even then, Schiff ties foreign affairs to our economic well-being.

Rand has been successful in gaining mainstream support by toning down his rhetoric. Schiff might not have Rand's polling numbers but he is visibly winning over Republicans in these RTC meetings and is doing so without resorting to playing politics.

I think it is a terrible shame that so many people are ignoring Schiff's campaign efforts. After Ron Paul, he is the best person to have in the US Senate. Perhaps if more people here watched the videos of the RTC meetings, their opinions would change.

Young Paleocon
04-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Because everyone will be paying attention to a Senate Election in Connecticut that shows one candidate up 20 points. He still has to come from 20-30 points down in the Primary.
First of all I think your sarcasm is unwarranted, secondly my remark was not made out of any hostility yet your responses are openly hostile to Peter's race. I understand you think he's not viable, but a lot can happen between now and August/November both in regard to the country and the campaign.

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Goats, some people already made up their minds that Schiff has no hope no matter what evidence you show them. There is also a group that resents that he is rich. However, I believe the naysayers are the minority.

TCE
04-25-2010, 04:23 PM
First of all I think your sarcasm is unwarranted, secondly my remark was not made out of any hostility yet your responses are openly hostile to Peter's race. I understand you think he's not viable, but a lot can happen between now and August/November both in regard to the country and the campaign.

Agreed, I was on a roll, so I went with it, nothing directed at you personally. We shall see in August.

It is at this point that this should probably go to HT.

GoatsGoneWild
04-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Goats, some people already made up their minds that Schiff has no hope no matter what evidence you show them. There is also a group that resents that he is rich. However, I believe the naysayers are the minority.

Naysayers might be in the minority, but there are certainly a ton of completely apathetic people.

I can understand the enthusiasm for Rand because of his lead on the polls and high probability of winning the general if he beats Grayson. However, I don't understand the apathy regarding Schiff and this idea that the liberty movement would better benefit by funding state office candidates or less known and resonating federal office candidates like Lawson.

Peter Schiff is witty, sharp, and charismatic. He has the brains to win people over to Austrian views on issues at odds with conventional (Keynesian and progressive) logic.

He is the man that we need in the Senate. His chances might not be too strong right now but I feel that the effort would be worth more than funding state candidates or people like Lawson.

No1ButPaul08
04-25-2010, 04:36 PM
http://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary.php?cycle=2010&id=CTS2

According to this, Schiff threw in $550,000 of his own money. He had $1 million on hand as of the March report date. How did he burn $1 million and not go up but 5% in the polls?

This shows your pretty much clueless about Schiff's campaign and the race in CT. First of all, Schiff rose 5% in the polls before running any ads, tv or radio. The last poll came out March 17th, right before Schiff started with his radio ad. He wrote an email after his first ad buy requesting donations March 25th. The FEC report was through March 31, showing that ad buy. Pretty hard to rise in the polls when there hasn't been a poll, don't you think?

If what he is saying is true, he has spent almost $3 million and hasn't cracked 11% in the Republican Primary.

Wrong again. You have no idea what Schiff is polling right now, after his first ad buy. How would he have spent $3 million when he had $2.5 million total with 500k cash on hand?

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 04:42 PM
TCE is a long-time Schiff basher. He is clueless even about points Schiff made in the video that opened this thread.

TCE
04-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Edited. I will not be posting on this thread again.

No1ButPaul08
04-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Please click the link before you toss out numbers. He had $2.549 million when the reports were due. He has gotten more money since then, since a month has passed. It is fair to say that he has close to $3 million right now, and if he doesn't, he will surely be close after May 1.

Wrong again. He's raised around $40,000 this month, nothing close to the 500k you're assuming. Just because he might get close to 3 million (raised not spent) on May 1 just change the fact you were wrong about Peter having spent $3million already. Who is the one tossing out numbers again?

Che
04-25-2010, 04:52 PM
lol, he's talkin like a true investor.

dannno
04-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I dont believe you. You are just like everyone else on the Internet, lying.

That sounds like a challenge :eek:

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 06:28 PM
There is also a group that resents that he is rich. However, I believe the naysayers are the minority.

How about non-existent.

C'mon, nobody resents him or "hates" him because he's rich.

Pete made one, very mild remark that set this whole thing off and all that remark amounted to was a vague "off putting" at multi millionaires having to scrounge money for campaigns from people like himself.

People that would like to help but have been unable to do much, due to being a marked man by the state and never being able to hold a decent job again in his life.

We talk about about the loss of freedom, pcosmar is living it every day.

It's disingenuous to make a leap from that one single comment to the idea that there is a whole group here that "resents" his wealth.

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't recall exact names, but this not the first time I hear people complaining about Schiff's money. But I'm not sure if it was RPF or Daily Paul, so I'll concede the point that I haven't seen "a group".

However, I stand behind the statement that saying that Schiff "sets my teeth wrong" sounds resentful.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't recall exact names, but this not the first time I hear people complaining about Schiff's money. But I'm not sure if it was RPF or Daily Paul, so I'll concede the point that I haven't seen "a group".

I'll say I've never seen it, but that's not to say it's not out there.

I'm only just speaking of this thread.

I hope his May Day bomb is a huge success.;)

dannno
04-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Rand Paul has the liberty movement backing him.

Peter Schiff has the liberty movement, but he also has a lot of clients who have money and random people who he has picked up from his video blogs and such.

When Peter sends out an email asking for money, you have to keep in mind that there are a lot of people on his contact list who do actually have an income or money they could give. It's possible that a lot of them have maxed out, but I dunno I hope we can pull it together for him on May 1 cause we have been focusing a lot on Rand, which is also good.. and we need them both.. but Schiff might be able to articulate gravity of the problem to other Senators a bit better, and he has that credibility of talking about the problem for so long.

On the other hand Rand's primary is coming up first, so I'd say that is reasonable justification for a strong focus from the liberty movement on his campaign right now.

qwerty
04-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Now this is getting very funny, few forum members are starting to tell Peter how to run his campaign. OMG.

I think he and his staff and the local people know little bit better how to win the state.

This is getting funny...

But this only makes me want to work more for Schiff, i want to show you that you are DEAD wrong!

qwerty
04-26-2010, 03:26 AM
SPREAD THIS VIDEO AROUND!!!!

:cool:

qwerty
04-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Bump!

qwerty
04-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Facebook this video.

Itīs free!

Keller1967
04-26-2010, 10:53 AM
It seems that many here are just like the ones they are saying they are not.

You know the "horse-race"-type people. "you just have to pick the winner and go with that"

This is about principles and fighting for those principles when itīs needed!

It wasn't too long ago when pre-emptive war was the hot topic and people were "going to far with purity tests", of course they needed comprimise and donate anyways!

Now the tables have turned and the money bomb gods dictate that you actually should donate for the sake of principles to a losing candidate. Oh my!

Seems to me the only common principle is send your $ to the popular rich guy.

It's like lord of the flies around here.

NerveShocker
04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
What's with the money-bomb ticker? I can hardly read that tiny thing and is it only 32 pledges? ;/
Let's step it up Peter will match all donations he is obviously dedicated to this.

qwerty
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
It wasn't too long ago when pre-emptive war was the hot topic and people were "going to far with purity tests", of course they needed comprimise and donate anyways!

Now the tables have turned and the money bomb gods dictate that you actually should donate for the sake of principles to a losing candidate. Oh my!

Seems to me the only common principle is send your $ to the popular rich guy.

It's like lord of the flies around here.

This is getting very funny.

I think Peter Schiff respects the constitution but heīs also for self-defense.

Do you know what constitution says about war ?

PS. i just wonder what his opponents think about war...

:rolleyes:

qwerty
04-26-2010, 10:58 AM
What's with the money-bomb ticker? I can hardly read that tiny thing and is it only 32 pledges? ;/

I think itīs that one.

Nowdays people donīt want to give their e-mails so they wonīt pledge ;)

Stary Hickory
04-26-2010, 10:59 AM
I am going to donate I hope others do the same.

Keller1967
This is getting very funny.

I think Peter Schiff respects the constitution but heīs also for self-defense.

Do you know what constitution says about war ?

:rolleyes:

Do you know what the Koran says about war?

NerveShocker
I think itīs that one.

Nowdays people donīt want to give their e-mails so they wonīt pledge ;)

Why? Doesn't it take 2 minutes to make an email address. We need to spread this to other forums.. hopefully dailypaul is already on it.

qwerty
04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
views

#20 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Germany
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Australia
#3 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Canada
#18 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - United Kingdom
#11 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Ireland
#34 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - India
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - New Zealand
#10 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Israel
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism
#45 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - France
#24 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Japan
#8 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - South Korea
#10 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Netherlands
#16 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Poland
#98 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Brazil
#58 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Russia
#12 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Hong Kong
#96 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Taiwan
#13 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Czech Republic
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Nonprofits & Activism - Sweden
#29 - Top Rated (This Week)) - Nonprofits & Activism

KEEP SPREADING THE VIDEO!!!!

:)

Daamien
04-26-2010, 08:55 PM
If you can't donate to the campaign this Saturday, May 1st during the official Mayday Moneybomb or you want to help out even more, then please sign up at the Schiff grassroots Wildfire site and make at least 10 phone calls on Saturday to Connecticut voters!

Sign-up:
http://wildfire.schiffforsenate.com/
Make Calls:
http://wildfire.schiffforsenate.com/an/phoneBankingIntro?instanceId=4e41166a-9137-4c40-a58c-a64bb96d3ac7

It's a cheap way to help the campaign even if you are low on cash, have donated the maximum amount already, are not from the United States, and/or are under the age of 18.

Let me know if you can help and if you have questions!

qwerty
04-27-2010, 12:08 AM
views

WOHOO!

KEEP SPREADING THE VIDEO!!!

qwerty
04-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Bump!

jack555
04-27-2010, 11:43 PM

He has given PLENTY of his money to getting himself elected. He is a grassroots candidate and it will take grassroot support (and money) to get him elected.

qwerty
04-27-2010, 11:49 PM
He has given PLENTY of his money to getting himself elected. He is a grassroots candidate and it will take grassroot support (and money) to get him elected.

SO TRUE!

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS MONEYBOMB!

Don't Tread on Mike
04-28-2010, 12:26 AM
ONE LOVE......Liberty! I'll be donating!

qwerty
04-28-2010, 01:13 PM
views

WOHOO! SPREAD THE WORD!!!