PDA

View Full Version : McCain to Obama: Send troops to border if you don't like new Ariz. Immigration law

bobbyw24
04-24-2010, 12:35 PM
By Ian Swanson - 04/24/10 09:06 AM ET

President Barack Obama should dispatch National Guard troops to the border if he doesn’t like Arizona’s new immigration law, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Friday.

McCain, who endorsed the tough new Arizona law earlier this week, defended it as necessary because of the federal government’s inability to secure the border.

“If the president doesn’t like what the Arizona Legislature and governor may be doing, then I call on the president to immediately call for the dispatch of 3,000 National Guard troops to our border and mandate that 3,000 additional Border Patrol [officers] be sent to our border as well,” McCain said at a news conference Friday in downtown Phoenix, according to a report in the Arizona Republic.

“And that way, then the state of Arizona will not have to enact legislation which they have to do because of the federal government’s failure to carry out its responsibilities, which is to secure the borders.”

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed legislation Friday that allows police to stop and question anyone they believe may be in the country illegally.

________

McCain has twice been involved in legislative efforts to boost border security while creating a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, but has taken a hard turn this year and is talking almost exclusively about security.

The reason is the tough primary challenge from former Rep. J.D. Hayworth, who on Friday criticized McCain in his own reaction to Brewer’s decision.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/94111-mccain-to-obama-send-troops-to-the-border-if-you-dont-like-new-immigration-law

Agorism
04-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Obama should respond by saying that Bush and McCAin already put all the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan so there are no troops left for his ideas. Instead, McCain should go sit down there himself and guard it.

Brian4Liberty
04-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Federal military troops at the border have to be the worst big government solution possible. Leave it to McCain...

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 12:42 PM
arrest mccain if he doesn't have his papers!!!

bobbyw24
04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
McCain should go sit down there himself and guard it.

Great idea

HOLLYWOOD
04-24-2010, 02:08 PM
McCain has ALWAYS been the problem... he's a greedy, war mongering, sellout to whoever funds his campaigns and re-elections. Quite the destruction Bitch over the past 30 years

The Liberal Fossil should retire... I'm glad Sarah Palin agreed to showup and endorse him at his AZ campaign fundraiser... Palin turned it into a ROAST instead of a RALLY... lol

John McCain should be the "old man living in a van down by the river."

phill4paul
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
John McCain should be the "old man living in a van down by the river."

Don't insult the old men living in vans by rivers by comparing them to McCain. :D

JeNNiF00F00
04-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Obama should respond by saying that Bush and McCAin already put all the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan so there are no troops left for his ideas. Instead, McCain should go sit down there himself and guard it.

Actually they should shoot him out of a cannon, painted like the American Flag on into Iran.

lester1/2jr
04-24-2010, 04:46 PM
john mcCain: populist

DamianTV
04-24-2010, 04:59 PM
As much as I can not stand McCain, he is right that the Federal Government has not done anything about illegal immigration. And that is about as much as I agree with him on.

The rest of it is Orwellian. You MIGHT be a Terrorist, or now a Mexican, so we can detain you until you prove you are a legal citizen, and do so from behind bars.

However, there is an argument against the bill which I strongly disagree with, and it is being referred to as "racial profiling". Such a claim is racial profiling in and of itself. It implies that all Mexicans are Hispanic. Thats about as stupid as implying that all Americans are White. They arent. Thus, the entire racial profiling theory is false.

Something does need to be done in Arizona about the constitutionality of the Orwellian nature of the law, and I would fight it with Habeus Corpus, not racial profiling.

Something also needs to happen in DC about illegal immigration, but I am trying to be extremely careful about what I wish for, because our current political stance would end up just giving Amnesty to every illegal for the next 50 years, so they all come in and vote Democrat. Something does need to happen, but not right now, not with the Dems in power.

I do believe that we are losing our entire culture to have to reprint everything in spanish just because the lazy fuckers refuse to learn to speak english, but, I also believe the governments solution to any problem is usually worse than the problem itself. So, for now, they should put it on the back burner, and McCain is still a two-faced asshole.

fedup100
04-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Sure he is right. The problem is he doesn't mean it, it is just election year for McStain.

If the people put that old bastard back into office he will push and vote for amnesty and you will never see troops on the Arizona border,

Look for this bait and switch strategy across the board this year.

Promontorium
04-24-2010, 07:29 PM
I agree with McCain and Ron Paul. Bring the troops home, put them on the border.

I don't know why you guys don't agree with Ron Paul, or protecting our country.

libertygrl
04-24-2010, 08:47 PM
McCain should shut up. He's such a phoney. He and Sen. Schumer co-sponsored the first Amnesty bill. Juan McCain was leading the charge and in the process insulting American workers:

YouTube - Do Americans Work Hard? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuLvtqASeaE&feature=related)[/URL]

specsaregood
04-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I sure hope they vote this guy out. not that I like his opponent much better, but I'd rather seem him retire in the disgrace of losing (2yrs after being the presidential nominee) than by his own choice.

silus
04-24-2010, 09:12 PM
He's such a maverick.

slothman
04-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Something also needs to happen in DC about illegal immigration, but I am trying to be extremely careful about what I wish for, because our current political stance would end up just giving Amnesty to every illegal for the next 50 years, so they all come in and vote Democrat.

I do believe that we are losing our entire culture to have to reprint everything in spanish just because the lazy fuckers refuse to learn to speak english, but, I also believe the governments solution to any problem is usually worse than the problem itself

So if illegal immigrates cam into Texas, waited the applicable number of years you don't want them to vote for Dr. Paul since they are illegal?
You seemed to imply that amnesty is bad because they will vote Dem. rather than because they are illegal or will take welfare but not pay taxes or something.

I do want to make the national language English.
If a private store wants to print prices in Spanish as well as English then it can; or even only Spanish.
The gov't shouldn't though.
This goes for other languages as well such as French.
I would require an immigrate to learn English to become a citizen.
Whether amnesty or legal methods.

Interestingly I would have voted for Mccain in 2000.
He was much better than Bush.
Of course in 2008 I wouldn't have voted for him, Obama neither.

spudea
04-24-2010, 10:26 PM
um our border guards are patrolling the borders of Iraq and Afghanistan....

JeNNiF00F00
04-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I agree with McCain and Ron Paul. Bring the troops home, put them on the border.

Its not that we dont agree with Dr Paul on protecting the country. Its the fact that people are having to show their papers as if they were in Nazi Germany that is the problem. They have gone about it the wrong way.

Marenco
04-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Its not that we dont agree with Dr Paul on protecting the country. Its the fact that people are having to show their papers as if they were in Nazi Germany that is the problem. They have gone about it the wrong way.

The new law in Arizona is a common sense approach to the problem of illegal immigration and tackles the issue head on. And, though it may open the door to more interference in our lives by way of a national identification card and traffic checkpoints, Arizona has been left with no other choice due to the failure of our Federal government to secure our borders from invasion, as it is obligated to do under Article IV of the United States Constitution.

There is a growing consensus that the most important strategy in the reform battle is the one dealing with outward facing security on our southern borders. There would be no illegal immigrant problems in Arizona or elsewhere if the border was not porous.

Lord Xar
04-25-2010, 03:31 AM

Because many if not most here, are not ron paul supporters but shills/anarchists/infiltrators. This place use to be the center of something great, but its turned to shit.

Everyone knows securing our borders is a good thing, but these "libertarians" are closest anarchists/open border apologists or just plain shills. Also, if you were new to Ron Paul (see him on tv etc..) and you came to this website, you'd turn tail and run.... and that is the plan. A few true patriots are left, but don't let the open border apologists big government wanting goons scare you.

When people start using the "nazi germany showing your papers" argument, they already shown their colors. Extremes, innuendos, distortions.

bobbyw24
04-25-2010, 05:46 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8L6mJKwtAJP7JM:http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/20070502/worldturnedupsidedown.jpg

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0407/illegal_aliens_FUCK_You.jpg
McCain needs to attend an illegal alien protest and debate this law

silus
04-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Because many if not most here, are not ron paul supporters but shills/anarchists/infiltrators. This place use to be the center of something great, but its turned to shit.

Everyone knows securing our borders is a good thing, but these "libertarians" are closest anarchists/open border apologists or just plain shills. Also, if you were new to Ron Paul (see him on tv etc..) and you came to this website, you'd turn tail and run.... and that is the plan. A few true patriots are left, but don't let the open border apologists big government wanting goons scare you.

When people start using the "nazi germany showing your papers" argument, they already shown their colors. Extremes, innuendos, distortions.
1. If you're gonna go off like that at least discuss the specific issue.

2. What does securing the border have to do with this specific bill? Most people here are for securing the border, but this is a law enforcement issue that relates to citizens and non-citizens within an entire state.

3. Take a second to figure this shit out on your own... There doesn't need to be anymore fucking bills. The current laws just need to be enforced. Do you not understand this??

4. Take another second to figure something else out. Ron Paul himself has been against bills like this for decades!... 5,500 posts in a Ron Paul forum and you still don't know anything about Ron Paul!

5. Now REPEAT after me, "I will never make a post where I make blanket accusations, calling people unpatriotic, shills or infiltrators when its clear I am a jackass who who only calls people names to avoid having to think too hard about any one thing."

j6p
04-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Hmm why arent the Obama Bithers going after McShame? Wasn't McShame born in Panama?

stu2002
04-25-2010, 07:13 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8L6mJKwtAJP7JM:http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/20070502/worldturnedupsidedown.jpg

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0407/illegal_aliens_FUCK_You.jpg
McCain needs to attend an illegal alien protest and debate this law

Nice to have you here, you hard-working, family values folk. Thanks for coming and making America a better place

Bruno
04-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Hmm why arent the Obama Bithers going after McShame? Wasn't McShame born in Panama?

There were numerous threads on this forum about McCain's eligibility, before Obama co-sponsored a Bill to ensure that he was declared eligible.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2008/05/01/clinton-obama-sponsor-mccain-citizenship-bill/

"More surprising than the result, however, was the fact that the bill was written and submitted by Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO), and co sponsored by both Democratic presidential candidates, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), and Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL). Politics makes strange bedfellows.

Interesting is to note Obama's comment on the matter. Perhaps he is referring more to hmself than to McCain?

"Senator McCain has earned the right to be his party's nominee, and no loophole should prevent him from competing in this campaign," Obama said.

Southron
04-25-2010, 07:48 AM
It is probably safe to bet that if Arizona put militia on the border, Obama would send troops-to stop the militia!