PDA

View Full Version : Major Issue for Liberty in the GOP/Tea Party!!

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 09:36 AM
i would have to say a good portion of so-called right-wingers and Christians want the Constitution just for themselves and NO ONE ELSE!!

a major problem with corruption in the failed biggovgop is the Christian -right. note not all but many want freedom and liberty for themselves and no one else.

i feel the major problem with the GOP/Tea party is the neo-cons and many Christians!!!!

i can prove this locally on many issues such as decrim of marijuana and the undeclared wars. the biggest supporters of undeclared wars and the failed drug war are neo-cons and many Christians. they do not believe in our constitution unless it is for their own purposes and agendas!! that is how i see it and live it in our local/state/national politics!! i plan on calling out everyone of them for their hypocrisy! enough is enough.

TO ME THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE THAT MUST BE ADDRESSED IF WE ARE TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE FAILED GOP and THE TEA PARTY. it is time for Christians and right-wingers to self-reflect!!!!!!!! if they cannot do this themselves. then i feel the GOP and tea party will be USELESS!! note: of course i am speaking to folks as individuals and not blanketing the whole group,but this is a major problem in the FAILED GOP/ Tea Party!!!!!! some of the most judgemental people in politics in GOP meetings and citizens have been the right-wingers and so-called Christians!! i see this locally,state and nationally.

if this post offends you, then odds are you need to self-reflect!!! We need Christians to start calling out these fake Christians and right-wingers!!

PERSONAL NOTE, I know plenty of GOOD CHRISTIANS, i am just pointing out a major problem within gop/tea party. That we somehow have to correct!!

BlackTerrel
04-24-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure where you're going with this. 80% of Americans are Christian, so if we want any kind of change we need Christians on our side. Ron Paul is a Christian, as am I, as are many posters on this forum. (Though there do seem to be more atheists here than in the general population).

if this post offends you, then odds are you need to self-reflect!!! We need Christians to start calling out these fake Christians and right-wingers!!

Honestly there is nothing I cannot stand more than those who call others "fake Christians" or the "you can't be a Christian if" crowd. Main reason I haven't been to Church in a very long time.

Perhaps the most effective position is to call out the people you disagree with on the issues, rather than focus on their religion.

ninepointfive
05-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Honestly there is nothing I cannot stand more than those who call others "fake Christians" or the "you can't be a Christian if" crowd. Main reason I haven't been to Church in a very long time.

Perhaps the most effective position is to call out the people you disagree with on the issues, rather than focus on their religion.

I don't think he was necessarily calling out fake Christians, as you say.

So really, we're all in agreement here. Discrimination by religious people is still very prevalent in the GOP. At least I have never been called out for being honest about not following any particular religious belief when asked.

Nate-ForLiberty
05-29-2010, 09:40 AM
i would have to say a good portion of so-called right-wingers and Christians want the Constitution just for themselves and NO ONE ELSE!!

a major problem with corruption in the failed biggovgop is the Christian -right. note not all but many want freedom and liberty for themselves and no one else.

i feel the major problem with the GOP/Tea party is the neo-cons and many Christians!!!!

i can prove this locally on many issues such as decrim of marijuana and the undeclared wars. the biggest supporters of undeclared wars and the failed drug war are neo-cons and many Christians. they do not believe in our constitution unless it is for their own purposes and agendas!! that is how i see it and live it in our local/state/national politics!! i plan on calling out everyone of them for their hypocrisy! enough is enough.

TO ME THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE THAT MUST BE ADDRESSED IF WE ARE TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE FAILED GOP and THE TEA PARTY. it is time for Christians and right-wingers to self-reflect!!!!!!!! if they cannot do this themselves. then i feel the GOP and tea party will be USELESS!! note: of course i am speaking to folks as individuals and not blanketing the whole group,but this is a major problem in the FAILED GOP/ Tea Party!!!!!! some of the most judgemental people in politics in GOP meetings and citizens have been the right-wingers and so-called Christians!! i see this locally,state and nationally.

PERSONAL NOTE, I know plenty of GOOD CHRISTIANS, i am just pointing out a major problem within gop/tea party. That we somehow have to correct!!

I'm not sure where you're going with this. 80% of Americans are Christian, so if we want any kind of change we need Christians on our side. Ron Paul is a Christian, as am I, as are many posters on this forum. (Though there do seem to be more atheists here than in the general population).

I understand SB's sentiment, and I agree that the Tea Party and GOP have their share of bigoted and shortsighted people of a Christian nature. However, BT is right in that if you call someone out on a political issue via a religious issue, then you've already lost the argument. Religions are always changing. If you are convincing enough on the political issue without ever bringing up religion, then you are far more likely to change their mind. And a Christian who's mind has been changed is WAAY more potent in changing other Christians' minds than a former Christian/athiest.

In other words, always respect who you are talking to regardless if they're a moron or not.

YumYum
05-29-2010, 09:47 AM

16% of Americans are atheist. We have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Satan worshippers and numerous cults like Jehovah's witnesses, Scientology, Mormons and such, so how do you come up with the number 80%?

speciallyblend
05-29-2010, 02:05 PM
the point i was trying to make was locally the communist/fascist seem to be the Christian right politically. They are on there way out politically!!!

it is just odd having so called Christian's in our community acting like anti-liberty,fascists and anti-republic! either way the old guard in our county is about to be fired politically!!