PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher sound like Ron Paul on the Empire

ProBlue33
04-24-2010, 08:32 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/24/bill-maher-to-tea-baggers_n_550430.html

Scroll down and watch the video. The last part focuses on his comments about the empire.

Bill is one of those guys where you agree with him on some points, but totally disagree with him on other stuff. And he has openly criticized Obama at times.

He is poking fun at teabaggers, but he makes a good point you can`t have your empire and reduced spending too.

On the empire and defense Bill and Ron are in agreement.

An excerpt

Everything that goes into defense costs us about a trillion dollars a year, most of which goes into fighting the Russians in 1978. Fighter planes for all those dog fights we get into with the Taliban, submarines to foil their evil plot to blow up our ships with car bombs, and space lasers to shoot down their exploding underpants...

torchbearer
04-24-2010, 08:33 AM
well, don't mention to Bill that ending the empire would also end aid to Israel.

erowe1
04-24-2010, 08:35 AM
On the empire... Bill and Ron are in agreement.

Except that Ron realizes that U.S. federal govt. hegemony over the 50 states is just as imperialistic as U.S. federal govt. hegmony over the world's other 200 states is, and Bill doesn't.

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 09:16 AM
i saw that to,bottom line is the gop/tea party deserved everything maher said. sounds like if we want change we better get on it. the fact of the matter is we are an empire and maher was right on. everything else he complained about the failed gop and the neo-con wing of the tea party deserved 100% of the comedy sketch!! reality is a bitch and the neo-cons deserve every bit of it!!!!

maher knows what is up. people need to remember it is a comedy show!! the fact is you do not like what maher says. then do something about, show up to a gop meeting or hold the failed neo-cons responsible in the gop and the tea party. blowback is a bitch and the failed gop deserves everybit of it along with the neo-con tea party folks!!!!!!!!

Liberty Candidates 2010, Ron Paul 2012

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/24/bill-maher-to-tea-baggers_n_550430.html

Scroll down and watch the video. The last part focuses on his comments about the empire.

Bill is one of those guys where you agree with him on some points, but totally disagree with him on other stuff. And he has openly criticized Obama at times.

He is poking fun at teabaggers, but he makes a good point you can`t have your empire and reduced spending too.

On the empire and defense Bill and Ron are in agreement.

An excerpt

i would say that maher knows full well the difference between a Ron Paul Tea Party and a Palin Teabagger!!!

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 09:42 AM
what bill maher is saying, was calling out alot of bs in the tea party!!! i gave this 5 stars forthe fact people do not like to hear reality!! yes not all Tea party folks are like what bill described. he knows this and we know this,but folks seem to forget bil maher is a comedy show nothing more,nothing less!!! get a grip folks. i laughed my ass off. the hat was funny and his comedy sketch was funny!! reailty is funny, so lets change reality!!! Pledge and Spread www.theronpaulteaparty.com people know the difference between Ron Paul and the palin teabaggers!!

the jokes are directed at the neo-cons and the biggovgop in the tea party!!

sharpsteve2003
04-24-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought this would be a opportunity to have The Father of the modern Tea Party Ron Paul as a guest to take on Bill Maher's challenge.