PDA

View Full Version : Republican Governors Pay Homage To Guy Fawkes

specsaregood
04-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Can you believe this bit of horsesh*t?
The same people that did all they could to link our usage of Nov. 5th for fundraising to domestic terrorism are more than happy to co-opt it for their own message. At least imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. More proof the Establishment Republicans can't get anybody excited about their own ideas, so they feel the need to use our ideas from the RP campaign.

Excerpts from link: http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/04/23/republican-governors-pay-homage-to-guy-fawkes/?xid=rss-topstories

The meaning of Fawkes is, of course, not fixed. The Wachowski brothers' retelling of the Fawkes' story was later embraced by libertarian supporters of Ron Paul. During the 2008 campaign, "Remember, Remember The Fifth of November" became a rallying cry for Paul boosters, who shared at least some of the revolutionary fire of both Fawkes and the Wachowskis. On November 5, 2007, Guy Fawkes Day, Paul supporters raised more than $4 million online.

Now, the Fawkes mythology has come full circle. The Republican Governors Association has embraced the symbolism of Fawkes, launching a rather striking website, RememberNovember.com, with a video that showcases far more Hollywood savvy than one can usually expect from Republicans. Again, the Fawkes tale has been twisted a bit. This time, President Obama plays the roll of King James, the Democratic leadership is Parliament, and the Republican Party represents the aggrieved Catholic mass

One other note, RGA message wizards have intentionally not circulated this video on YouTube or made an embed version of it publicly available. (Swampland asked for, and was granted, special dispensation.) They want people to view it on their site, RememberNovember.com, in the hopes of building a grassroots army.

Cowlesy
04-24-2010, 07:04 AM
wowowow.....

I don't know what to do other than literally laugh out loud.

specsaregood
04-24-2010, 07:06 AM
wowowow.....
I don't know what to do other than literally laugh out loud.
I can't bring myself to laugh, more of a stunned reaction.

Clearly these people still think --or hope rather-- that the reason so many got excited about the RP campaign was the grassroots advertising, activities, etc. They can't comprehend that it is the message that created those things. classic chicken vs egg problem.

specsaregood
04-24-2010, 07:19 AM
What I think needs to be done here is. locate and capture all the old news coverage where the used our nov.5th idea negatively, then make a mix of it with their video.

inibo
04-24-2010, 07:27 AM
WTF?

I remember when the Ron Paul grass roots campaign used the V imagery and set up the "Remember the 5th of November" money bomb. I remember the like of Glen Beck and David Horowitz calling us terrorists and said we were "in bed with Al Qaeda."

I remember the GOP majority enabling George W. Bush to unleash death around the world on people who had nothing to do with September 11th. I remember the GOP falling all over itself to gut the Bill of Rights.

I hope there are enough people in the Tea Party movement who remember all this as well.

inibo
04-24-2010, 07:29 AM
YouTube - Glenn Beck - Ron Paul - Terrorism? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8M2JBIoqo)

Lucille
04-24-2010, 11:41 AM
The establishment GOP has never had an original thought in their lives.

Like I said at neocon central (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/04/23/video-remember-november/comment-page-2/#comment-3498327): We are all Paulnuts now.

YouTube - Ron Paul: Tea Party 07 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8)

fedup100
04-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, that's all true, but it is an election year so they are taking the Juan McShame road to re-election, oh, oh , it worked well for Rick Perry too.

We are dealing with shameless psychopathic liars at this, the last stretch to the complete overthrow of this nation. Just a few more lies and few more controlled elections and we will all be speaking Spanish and living in leg irons.

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 11:51 AM
What I think needs to be done here is. locate and capture all the old news coverage where the used our nov.5th idea negatively, then make a mix of it with their video.

yep great idea

Anti Federalist
04-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Go here to watch the full size video.

hxxp://remembernovember.com/

It's pretty stunning. The video could have been made by our own Aravoth or GhoeberX.

What's that old saw about imitation being the finest form of flattery?

They don't have to "beat" us, they'll just surround and absorb us like an amoeba.

t0rnado
04-24-2010, 12:14 PM
They don't mention Guy Fawkes anywhere on the site. They pretty much just stole the "Remember November" line and the "V" imagery.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2010, 10:24 AM
///

damiengwa
04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Can you believe this bit of horsesh*t?
The same people that did all they could to link our usage of Nov. 5th for fundraising to domestic terrorism are more than happy to co-opt it for their own message. At least imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. More proof the Establishment Republicans can't get anybody excited about their own ideas, so they feel the need to use our ideas from the RP campaign.

Excerpts from link: http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/04/23/republican-governors-pay-homage-to-guy-fawkes/?xid=rss-topstories

Because they are scum bags. They are so open about it, and the internet has finally exposed it. Just like Gingrich in '94, organized a campaign based on solid small government/individualistic positions. He put together a platform that would resonate with a majority of folks, and dropped the divisive stuff. Then when they all won in '94, the first day he distributes a book that is a blue print for globalization. He referred to himself as a 'futurist.' The Henry Kissinger protege. All the freshman republicans couldn't believe it.

Its the play they run over and over again. If publicly deep-throating 12 inch sausages became a politically exciting topic that generated votes and donations, all the big name republicans would be doing it. The word whore, barely begins to describe the average politician. So if you think politics is going to work here forget it! DC is rotted thru and thru...

amy31416
04-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Oops...sorry, I posted the same article.

Pete_00
04-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Guy Fawkes is pure Hollywood commie propaganda. Just like Matrix.

I take neither the red pill or the blue pill, they are both communist horsesh*t. They will never get me.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Oops...sorry, I posted the same article.

The more the merrier, I say. ;)

This is a good topic.

Theocrat
04-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I, personally, would never pay homage to Guy Fawkes. It sounds too much like "gay folks."

Just kidding. :D

amy31416
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
The more the merrier, I say. ;)

This is a good topic.

I agree, and we need to counter this "co-opting" into something that works for us.

I, personally, would never pay homage to Guy Fawkes. It sounds too much like "gay folks."

Just kidding. :D

Quitit! :p

damiengwa
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
They don't mention Guy Fawkes anywhere on the site. They pretty much just stole the "Remember November" line and the "V" imagery.

Of course, subtle references to make you think that 'they are just like you.' Even though they have no real idea WHY they you may identify with such icons. Its PR 101. Advertising 101. 60 years ago it was called propaganda.

Matt Collins
04-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Says that perhaps imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? :(:o:confused: