PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff's new book in stock now!

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047052670X?ie=UTF8&tag=europacnet-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=047052670X

Product Description
How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes uses illustration, humor, and accessible storytelling to explain complex topics of economic growth and monetary systems. In it, economic expert and bestselling author of Crash Proof, Peter Schiff teams up with his brother Andrew to apply their signature "take no prisoners" logic to expose the glaring fallacies that have become so ingrained in our country’s economic conversation.

Inspired by How an Economy Grows and Why It Doesn’t—a previously published book by the Schiffs’ father Irwin, a widely published economist and activist—How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes incorporates the spirit of the original while tackling the latest economic issues.With wit and humor, the Schiffs explain the roots of economic growth, the uses of capital, the destructive nature of consumer credit, the source of inflation, the importance of trade, savings, and risk, and many other topical principles of economics.

The tales told here may appear simple of the surface, but they will leave you with a powerful understanding of How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes.
From the Back Cover
EveR WONDER . . .

* Why governments can spend without ever seeming to run out of money?
* Why some countries are rich while others are poor?
* Whether spending or saving is the best cure for a bad economy?
* Where inflation comes from?
* Why it's so hard to catch a fish with your bare hands?

How An Economy Grows And Why It Crashes

Understanding how all the pieces of an economy fit together can be a daunting task—especially when the experts can't seem to do it. But when you get down to the basics, it is much easier than you may think. How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes uses illustrations, humor, and accessible storytelling to take economics off its lofty shelf and put it back on the kitchen table where it belongs.

This straightforward story of fish, nets, saving, and lending exposes the gaping holes that lie hidden in our global economic conversation. With wit and humor, the Schiffs explain the roots of economic growth, the importance of trade, savings, and risk, the source of inflation, the effects of interest rates and government stimulus, the destructive nature of consumer credit, and many other economic principles that are so frequently discussed and so poorly understood.

The story may appear simple on the surface but it will leave you with a powerful understanding of How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes.

13 bucks, u cant beat it!!! Order copy and donate to the campaign!!

Spread the knowledge people!!! I ordered 3 copies and will be here monday!

Liberty Star
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I might buy it if he covers but his economic and foreign policies in it, I have been meaning to read more about his mideast, Iraq, Israel-Palestine and foreign war spending views.

JohnEngland
04-24-2010, 03:59 AM
We need to get Peter on Glenn Beck! The reasons why:

1) They already know each other and get on well

2) Beck is always talking about economics and this book will go down well

3) The book has cartoons and is simple - Beck likes to make things comical and easy for people to understand, so it'll appeal to him

4) It'll boost Peter's publicity for the senate race

5) I've noticed that whenever Beck has a book on his show, it ends up near the top (if not, top) of the Amazon bestseller list. Books about politics that are decades or over 100 years old suddenly show up as bestsellers after he's talked about them!

6) So, when Beck speaks, people listen, then they read - let's make it happen with Peter's new book!!

nandnor
04-24-2010, 06:15 AM
nvm

low preference guy
04-24-2010, 12:41 PM
I think Pete may be going a bit over his head here, Austrian capital theory and time preference interest rate theory are more serious economic topics than his expertise might allow for.

what do you base that statement on?

nandnor
04-25-2010, 07:45 AM
nvm

low preference guy
04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
I base it on the fact that he never talks about them in his radio shows and youtube commentaries, but uses more generic and less strict ideas with an austrian flavour.

It sounds to me like you're basing it on guessing then. He might not use those terms because the audience wouldn't understand them.

Peter was introduced to Austrian Economics as a child. He also read Mises and Rothbard books. Guy knows what he is talking about.

Daamien
04-25-2010, 02:55 PM
He's quite familiar with the Austrian school and complex theories.
http://blog.mises.org/8039/interview-with-peter-schiff/

By the way, here is his official book site:
http://www.peterschiffonline.com/