PDA

View Full Version : Good final comment on Bill Maher tonight (4-23)

maqsur
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Bill Maher has a segment at the end of his show called New Rules, and he ends this with a 5 minute commentary.

Tonight, he commented on our empire, and the need to cut it. He called out the Tea Party on their professed desire to end the debt, and that if they are serious, they will agree to cut the empire.

While obviously he is mostly a progressive in his views, this commentary I agreed with easily.

Anyone else watch this, or have comments?

Anti Federalist
04-23-2010, 10:14 PM
While I, personally, would rather have my eardrums punctured with rusty ice picks than listen to Maher's blathering, Mrs. AF had it on in the other room and I heard it.

I took no notice of it since he would just scoff at the idea if it actually happened, meaning "teabaggers" renouncing the wars and spending that goes with it.

Liberty Star
04-23-2010, 11:49 PM
BM is an Israeli firster pimp, no one should be fooled by his shenanigans.

maqsur
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
No doubt about his love affair with israel. But this specific commentary was nicely put.

Ron_Paul_Knows
04-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Video in this article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/24/bill-maher-to-tea-baggers_n_550430.html

Anti Federalist
04-24-2010, 12:40 AM
No doubt about his love affair with israel. But this specific commentary was nicely put.

Since it was in the other room and sort of in and out, I only caught bits and pieces.

The upshot was that the Tea-o-cons were hypocrites since defense spending is the highest in the world in the US.

BM (heh, bowel movement, that's about right) fails to understand that the other, larger half of of out of control spending is the welfare state.

Three parts of the triumvirate of reckless spending: welfare, warfare, and debt service.

nate895
04-24-2010, 12:42 AM
While I, personally, would rather have my eardrums punctured with rusty ice picks than listen to Maher's blathering...

I definitely have to go with Anti-Federalist on this one for too many reasons to count.

RforRevolution
04-24-2010, 08:44 AM
This guy is an absolute political buffoon who, like Glenn Beck , calls himself a libertarian without understanding what Libertarianism actually is. The segment was ok, but incredibly misleading if you don't understand what the tea party is about, which neither he nor his audience really does.

maqsur
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
I think the question of foreign policy is a good way to judge the depth of the tea partiers' convictions. Obviously, Ron Paul's followers began the tea party, and so we know their positions.

But since then, this whole movement has grown to include many disaffected republicans, etc. I don't think most of them care about changing foreign policy. Unfortunately, as Ron Paul has lamented in the past, a lot of people divide economic liberty from other liberties; they care so much about protecting life and liberty domestic, they don't realize the hypocrisy in supporting empire (which protects neither).

jabf2006
04-24-2010, 10:33 AM
This guy is an absolute political buffoon who, like Glenn Beck , calls himself a libertarian without understanding what Libertarianism actually is. The segment was ok, but incredibly misleading if you don't understand what the tea party is about, which neither he nor his audience really does.

Do you?

sharpsteve2003
04-24-2010, 10:45 AM
I thought this would be a opportunity to have The Father of the modern Tea Party Ron Paul as a guest to take on Bill Maher's challenge.