PDA

View Full Version : Tea'd off tea Partier

JerseyPatriot
04-23-2010, 07:23 PM
*This is not a copy and paste, but original content for Liberty Forest

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2931/soundghostmanpullinghai.gif...Aaaaarrrghhhh!

OK. Thank you for letting me get that out of my system so that I am in a position emotionally to coherently express myself.

I am a 40 year old male Conservative, center-right Libertarian, and life-long Independent, or do we now have to say 'unaffiliated'?

I recently had my first face to face encounter with the American Tea Party Movement, with whose general sentiments I would describe myself as sympathetic. First at several local group meetings, and then as a participant at the Trenton New Jersey Tax Day Rally.

I am left feeling rather ambivalent about my experiences to say the least. What I have discovered, and admittedly already suspected, is that what we might describe as: 'Tea Partier' unrest, anger, and dissatisfaction; is an absolutely genuine phenomenon arising from the people themselves. However, and this is a big 'however', most organised Tea Party activity, at least in my State, is controlled and financed by special interests. The big four of these special interests, to which I refer collectively as the Tea Party Incs., would be #1 Dick Armey's multitude of Freedomworks subsidiaries including the ubiquitous Tea Party Patriots, the number one search result for the term: 'Tea Party'. #2 The despicable profiteers Tea Party Nation. #3 The hybrid profiteer/Republicanfest 'Tea Party express', which may or may not be affiliated with the TPN, but is definitely in bed with the GOP. #4 The billionaire Koch Brothers 'Americans for prosperity foundation'. Who'd be more likely to serve you a cup of oil than earl Grey. And of course #5 the GOP.

I have heard liberals describe Tea Partiers as gullible, dupes, and a mindless and anti-intellectual mob that can be led anywhere by anyone. When describing the small minority of self-identifying Tea Partiers who are being led around by the nose by the local organizers here in my home state, I think the description is valid. But thankfully, on a national scale, most Tea Partiers are fiercely independent and wary of such individuals and their groups, to which the growing divide within the Tea Party Movement, so adamantly railed against by Dick Armey, gives proof. A deepening schism between the Tea Party Incs. and the genuine, grass-roots, community based citizens Tea Party Movement which tricky Dick warns will weaken Tea Party influence, but which I say will only weaken the influence of himself, the Tea Party Incs., and separate the wheat from the chaff.

I literally found myself pulling my hair out from the roots trying to reason with a particular local organizer who had named her group the 'Tea Party Patriots of SJ', distributed the Tea Party Times - a FreedomWorks backed publication -, at her meetings, and made it a personal crusade to register unaffiliated voters as Republicans. The woman had no clue who and what she was serving (or did she?), or that the agenda and principles espoused on her own website were largely in conflict with Dick Armey's personal - and thus Freedomwork's- agenda. All the Tea Party groups in my area are named 'Tea Party Patriots' of this or that, and yet their members rattle on about illegal immigration and border security, career politicians and lobbyists, big government and term limits, seemingly oblivious to the fact or at the very least unconcerned that their strings are being pulled by the consummate career politician/corporate lobbyist, and open borders friendly: Dick Armey.

I watch with growing consternation as Freedomworks through its high profile Tea Party Patriots juggernaut, and through a multitude of shadow domains disguised as independent, locally run websites deftly manipulates the Tea Party Movement like a conductor leading an orchestra, accruing to itself a perceived status, legitimacy and influence that will be used as currency in its bid to assume the mantle of 'official' Tea Party and position Dick Armey as the National Tea Party leader. Take a look at this website here, which audaciously proclaims itself the 'official' website of the New Jersey Tea Party. Uh, what is 'the' Tea Party let alone the 'official' Tea Party? What makes this entity the 'official' anything? The sleazy tactics of those behind such propaganda would warm the heart of ACORN or any liberal-progressive. And have any of you seen FreedomWork's new petition for making Dick Armey's personal agenda the official agenda of the Tea Party Movement? The so-called 'contract from America?'...lol No mention of illegal immigration or border security of course. It could easily have been written by the American Chamber of commerce.

My welcome amongst my local Tea Party groups has proved somewhat short-lived, after having, out of sheer frustration, put up my own websites containing content which is, shall we say, not entirely flattering to the organized Tea Party Movement. I can picture our local organizers being instructed by FreedomWorks and GOP advisers to regard me as a liberal infiltrator. A five minute conversation with me would convince even the most hardened skeptic that I am anything but. But what I'm not for certain is a gullible dupe or tool of Dick Armey or the GOP. The Tea Party is and will remain a non-partisan community based Movement. If not, we will as the Democrats predict, fade quickly into history remembered only as a passing fad. The whigs of 21st century America.

I try and take comfort in knowing I am far from alone in my sentiments or skepticism, and that there is a growing awareness of the Tea Party Incs. and their attempt to hijack the Tea Party Movement. But I sometimes feel a like a lone voice crying in the wilderness. So I'll end where I began. Aaaaarrrghhhh!

specsaregood
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
How'd you happen to find our little corner of cyberspace JerseyPatriot?
The only way to combat this is to infiltrate and educate those tea party members.
Look at the bright side though, your governor is currently tearing sh*t up.

low preference guy
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
The "Tea Party" doesn't have an ideological definition yet. They are very diverse, and we don't know which fraction will win.

The Republican Party and the Democratic Party are just part of the Big Government Party, while the Tea Party has the potential to become a small government movement. That's why many of us are wanting giving the tea partiers a look.

Anti Federalist
04-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Welcome.

As a fellow Jerseyian (expat) I can understand your frustration even more, living where you do.

You'll find the topic of your post has been thrashed around here quite a bit.

I won't speak for all RPF members but I would say that a majority of us view the "tea parties" with a jaundiced, skeptical eye.

Especially considering what's happened to them and also considering we created the fool things in the first place.

Enjoy the boards.

Athan
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Damn, I love your avatar!

RM918
04-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey hey, another local.

JerseyPatriot
04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
How'd you happen to find our little corner of cyberspace JerseyPatriot?
The only way to combat this is to infiltrate and educate those tea party members.
Look at the bright side though, your governor is currently tearing sh*t up.

Oh, I had been reading posts here for quite awhile before I decided to dive in. This forum has fairly high visibility in the search engines, particularly if your doing a search for Ron Paul. I am a chronic insomniac who has beau coup time for forumist and blogger activity. Without it, I'd sit up all night twiddling my thumbs and staring at the ceiling.

I understand why Ron Paul is a Republican, he's no dummy; but it would be so much easier to rally the Tea Party Independents to his banner were he unaffiliated.

And damn! You guys have my area plastered with Ron Paul signs. I can't drive 10 feet without seeing one tacked to a telephone poll or stapled to a fence. :D

I live in a Ron Paul stronghold to be sure!

P

t0rnado
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Oh, I had been reading posts here for quite awhile before I decided to dive in. This forum has fairly high visibility in the search engines, particularly if your doing a search for Ron Paul. I am a chronic insomniac who was beau coup time for forumist and blogger activity. Without it, I'd sit up all night twiddling my thumbs and staring at the ceiling.

I understand why Ron Paul is a Republican, he's no dummy; but it would be so much easier to rally the Tea Party Independents to his banner were he unaffiliated.

And damn! You guys have my area plastered with Ron Paul signs. I can't drive 10 feet without seeing one tacked to a telephone poll or stapled to a fence. :D

I live in a Ron Paul stronghold to be sure!

P

What area of NJ is that?

DirtMcGirt
04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
After reading OP it sounds like we must infiltrate the very thing we started...

JerseyPatriot
04-24-2010, 10:15 AM
What area of NJ is that?

South.

amy31416
04-24-2010, 10:20 AM
after reading op it sounds like we must infiltrate the very thing we started...

^^^^^ +100

JerseyPatriot
04-24-2010, 10:23 AM
After reading OP it sounds like we must infiltrate the very thing we started...

It's really depressing how STUPID people are. Special interests and their Money bought Washington lock, stock and barrel corrupting our political system to it's very foundation and sparking the TP revolt; and now that same money and special interests are buying the Tea Party Movement. Ironic huh? I am left wondering if it's even possible for the people to have any power. We're just a bunch of cattle led from trough to trough by whomever has the resources to get our attention.

JerseyPatriot
04-24-2010, 10:26 AM
@amy31416

Is it difficult to acquire citizenship in Upper Volta? I am looking for a new place to live. Hmmmm.... isn't that what they used to call Burkina Fasso?

amy31416
04-24-2010, 10:34 AM
@amy31416

Is it difficult to acquire citizenship in Upper Volta? I am looking for a new place to live. Hmmmm.... isn't that what they used to call Burkina Fasso?

Yes sir, it is very difficult, you have to pass extensive mental and physical testing, all subject to my own whims.

And Burkina Faso has nothing on Upper Volta.

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 10:59 AM
ok tea party to me is nothing more then meetings. I thought the point was to attend your gop meeting and reclaim the gop??? I have been doing that and our county assembly saw a Ron Paul Republican win the delegate vote 16-9!!!! We can talk tea party all day long or even obama,but both are kinda of irrelevant to reclaiming the failed gop!!! Yes if we can recruit independents,democrats,liberty tea partiers and others to join the republican party or just get republicans to the dam assemblies! Then i think that would be effective!! Liberty Has No Party!!
We should be doing what ron paul has been saying! if rpf members know me. they know how i felt about the gop,but i continued to move forward. This is only the beginning!!

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 11:04 AM
It's really depressing how STUPID people are. Special interests and their Money bought Washington lock, stock and barrel corrupting our political system to it's very foundation and sparking the TP revolt; and now that same money and special interests are buying the Tea Party Movement. Ironic huh? I am left wondering if it's even possible for the people to have any power. We're just a bunch of cattle led from trough to trough by whomever has the resources to get our attention.

move to Colorado Lake county Leadville to be exact. We are doing great things here;)
Leadville Liberty Project and i am serious;)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241436

16-9 delegate vote for a ron paul republican for county commissioner and we already have a ron paul dem on county;) keep it local. we are gonna elect great folks this election and forever!!

JerseyPatriot
04-24-2010, 12:31 PM
ok tea party to me is nothing more then meetings. I thought the point was to attend your gop meeting and reclaim the gop???

Reclaim it from whom? The GOP is the political arm of the American chamber of commerce, and I don't see much hope in changing that. And as long as the American chamber of Commerce runs the GOP, and the DNC for that matter, we will continue to have open borders and zero border security.

I am really beginning to believe it's all hopeless and pissing in the wind. If the Republicans were serious about reclaiming their Conservative roots and moving away from liberalism, Neoconism and passionate Conservatism, Ron Paul would be running against Obama in 2012. But instead we'll most likely have that RINO John mcCain throwing the election again, ensuring 8 consecutive years of the Obamanation and the end of America as we know it. Aaaaaargh! :mad:

JerseyPatriot
04-24-2010, 12:32 PM
move to Colorado Lake county Leadville to be exact. We are doing great things here.

OK, we've heard from the Leadville chamber of commerce, or perhaps even its mayor...lol
How's the trout fishing up there?

speciallyblend
04-24-2010, 12:49 PM
OK, we've heard from the Leadville chamber of commerce, or perhaps even its mayor...lol
How's the trout fishing up there?

the arkansas river headwaters starts here;) and mayor isn't running again, though the mayor was for voters allowing to decrim marijuana!! things are changing. We have Kevin Cannell (ron paul republican) running for county seat!! and much more!!! all towns have issues for sure!

angelatc
04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
P.S. Give my best to your boss. He's one of a kind :)

He considers Dick Armey an ally.

I am quite weary of people crying about the other tea party attendees. If you're not there passing out CFL literature don't be so pissy about other people cashing in on the momentum.

We had the chance to lead this movement, and we blew it. The best we can hope for now is a seat on the steering committee.

JerseyPatriot
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM
He considers Dick Armey an ally.

I am quite weary of people crying about the other tea party attendees. If you're not there passing out CFL literature don't be so pissy about other people cashing in on the momentum.

We had the chance to lead this movement, and we blew it. The best we can hope for now is a seat on the steering committee.

Who's we?

But you're right. I'm just spitting in the wind. The real Tea Party movement is over. It's now nothing more than a Republican PAC. And Dr Paul sees the career politician-lobbyist and open borders Armey as an ally? Wow. It is over.

My life would be so much happier if I were a liberal. But it's genetically impossible...lol

But thanks for not calling me a liberal or Tea Party Crasher. I am truly well-intentioned. Just hopelessly independent and skeptical.