PDA

View Full Version : We knew it was an up hill fight, quit trying to frag and second guess officer Paul

klamath
10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I am a little torqued by all the second guessing of RP.

He should have gone on this show and he should have that show.
He should be in NH.
He should be here. He should be there.
He should watch his body language.
He should talk slower.
He should do what this candidate did.
He should spend his money on this or that.
He should stop acting like a crazy old man.
We should start spamming him to make him do what we want.
If he doesn't do what I think he should do why am I wasting my time campaigning.
Etc.etc.etc.

RP started this campaign because he though he could pass on the spark of freedom not because he thought he could win. He is 72 years old and he knows his days as a freedom fighter are waning. Is RP the perfect specimen of a man? No. Is he a perfect speaker? No. Has he made mistakes? Yes. What RP is, is a man of almost unknown integrity, wisdom, honor, consistancy, courage and decency. RP is who he is and he is not going to change for this campaign.
RP did not have the money or belief that he would be setting at the top of a nationwide grassroots campaign when he started. Most candidates spend years setting up their organization and stratigies.
The amount of change the American people are willing to take is directly proportional to how bad they are hurting. When Ronald Reagan was elected this is how things were.
Inflation was running around 15%
interest rates were peaked at 18%
unemployment was around 8%
Gasoline and fuel when adjusted for inflation were higher than they are now.
The price of gold had gone up 2400% in the prior 6 years.
We had only been out of the Vietman war that cost 54,000 lives for 5 years.
The soviets were in Afganistan.
Americans were watching every night on the news, chants of "death to America!"
54 Americans were held in Iran.

We in the grass roots declared this war by common consent. We chose RP to be our leader for better or worse. If we start second guessing him and questioning him every step up the very steep hill we chose for battle the enemy snipers will pick RP and each of us off from the breastworks at the top of the sloop before we can even engage them.
Let us quit questioning Ron Paul, put our efforts behind him and take that hill called NH!

Off Rant:D

steph3n
10-10-2007, 05:30 PM
And he is doing well, he IS spending time AND money in NH, he said one can't dismantle the govt overnight, and he said he is GOING to SPEND the money we sent him. HORAY!

hopeforamerica
10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Amen!!!!

anewvoice
10-10-2007, 05:32 PM
bump

JoshLowry
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
RP started this campaign because he though he could pass on the spark of freedom not because he thought he could win.

Only sentence I disagree with. He said many times that the only reason he is running is to win.

The rest of your rant was great! :D

klamath
10-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Reading some of the threads this morning I think this needs to be bumped

UtahApocalypse
10-11-2007, 11:02 AM
The thing I like about RP is he is NOT polished. He is NOT scripted. He is NOT playing to the cameras.

Ron Paul is a honest, sincere, down to earth, great old man. He is a lover of our country and freedoms.

I completely agree with the OP on this. Let RP, and his campaign do their thing. If you don't like how they do things, maybe you don't understand this campaign.

Ron Paul Fan
10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Reading some of the threads this morning I think this needs to be bumped

Most certainly. We have a lot of micromanagers and people who think they know better than a 20 year politician on here. You have said what I've been saying all along. Let Ron Paul handle the campaign, the interviews, and the debates. We'll handle spreading his words and ideas. Dr. Paul is rising fast and he had one of his best debate performances Tuesday in limited time. Interviews are more numerous and the message is spreading. Donations are picking up. Things are looking good. Thank you klamath. You are a true patriot and champion of liberty.

BW4Paul
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm currently wearing a T-shirt that has the following RP quote on the back:

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot champion of liberty." -Ron Paul
While I realize that campaign HQ is not a government agency, I think that trying to get Pauliticians to stop questioning the campaign is a losing battle-- I think Paul would want us to question him! :D Let us not become sheeple in the name of striving for freedom...

klamath
10-11-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm currently wearing a T-shirt that has the following RP quote on the back:

While I realize that campaign HQ is not a government agency, I think that trying to get Pauliticians to stop questioning the campaign is a losing battle-- I think Paul would want us to question him! :D Let us not become sheeple in the name of striving for freedom...

Yeaw, "Like herding cats" At least when we die on the slopes of this battle stopping to question our leader, we will know we died with the knowledge that we were excercising our first amendment rights.

alaric
10-11-2007, 11:37 AM
The thing I like about RP is he is NOT polished. He is NOT scripted. He is NOT playing to the cameras.

Ron Paul is a honest, sincere, down to earth, great old man. He is a lover of our country and freedoms.

I completely agree with the OP on this. Let RP, and his campaign do their thing. If you don't like how they do things, maybe you don't understand this campaign.

This causes him to ooze integrity that people who see him for the 1st time recognize right away! Seeing how well tucker and abrams treated him yesterday on air shows how this is rubbing off on the media.:cool:

klamath
12-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Looks like it is a moment to revive this thread.

familydog
12-12-2007, 03:29 PM
When he becomes president will you still be saying we shouldn't question him? Hmmm where have I heard all this before...

atilla
12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
The amount of change the American people are willing to take is directly proportional to how bad they are hurting. When Ronald Reagan was elected this is how things were.
Inflation was running around 15%
interest rates were peaked at 18%
unemployment was around 8%
Gasoline and fuel when adjusted for inflation were higher than they are now.
The price of gold had gone up 2400% in the prior 6 years.
We had only been out of the Vietman war that cost 54,000 lives for 5 years.
The soviets were in Afganistan.
Americans were watching every night on the news, chants of "death to America!"
54 Americans were held in Iran.

Off Rant:D

and yet nothing changed after ronald reagan was elected

klamath
12-12-2007, 03:35 PM
When he becomes president will you still be saying we shouldn't question him? Hmmm where have I heard all this before...
And why are you supporting him? Or are You?

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
I haven't heard ANY second guessing of Ron Paul. Ron Paul has been the perfect candidate.

What I hear a lot of people concerned about is the painful, PAINFUL incompetence of the official campaign organization around him. As much as I tried to defend them in the beginning, and even tried to swallow that first TV commercial, it's become painfully apparent to me that the official campaign has dropped the ball. I don't know about these rumors of some "BIG SECRET," where the campaign is finally going to pull itself together with three weeks to go, but they'd better do something. If they don't have a full national media blitz in the works within a week after 12/16, I am thereafter withholding all my contributions to the official campaign and donating entirely and solely to grassroots efforts.

familydog
12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
And why are you supporting him? Or are You?

Why are YOU supporting him? Are you really? Or are you just pretending? Silly questions? I agree. It's no one's business why someone supports a candidate and frankly I'm disapointed that my support is questioned because I might disagree with something the campaign does.

klamath
12-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I have some doubt about HQ's but I also have my doubts about the grassroots. The grass roots has done some phenominal things but it has done some incredibly stupid things also. In reallity we really don't know if RP is stuck in single digits because of head quarters or the grass roots. Those campaign ads that HQ put out were the same as the thousands I have seen over thirty years of politics. They did not harm RP but also may not have done anything to help. Maybe they were working and maybe grass roots supporters followed up pushing their own agenda under RP's name and lost the new votes? We just don't know do we?

klamath
12-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Why are YOU supporting him? Are you really? Or are you just pretending? Silly questions? I agree. It's no one's business why someone supports a candidate and frankly I'm disapointed that my support is questioned because I might disagree with something the campaign does.
Maybe I questioned you because of the undertones of associated RP with Bush. I do trust RP's integrity. If I didn't I wouldn't be supporting him.

CelestialRender
12-12-2007, 04:06 PM
I've only second-guessed the good Dr one time, and that's just because I'm worried about which secret he told the Iowans.

But yeah, in general...second-guess the campaign if you have to, but it's all love for Dr Paul.

familydog
12-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Maybe I questioned you because of the undertones of associated RP with Bush. I do trust RP's integrity. If I didn't I wouldn't be supporting him.

The only thing I associated with Bush was this attitude of don't question our leader he knows what is best. You don't know anything about me so I'd back off any outstanding statements about my support.

I've only had a few complaints about the campaign, far less than some people here. I voiced my concern about the Philly rally being moved, about how he should take the opportunity to go on Glen Beck's show, and question some of their ads. I've worked my ass off here in Western PA where there is virtually no grassroots effort to convert people and I've worked my ass off and made a lot of sacrifices to donate money to the campaign. If I'm not allowed to voice a concern about the direction of the campaign....well, there is something seriously wrong here.

klamath
12-12-2007, 07:00 PM
The only thing I associated with Bush was this attitude of don't question our leader he knows what is best. You don't know anything about me so I'd back off any outstanding statements about my support.

I've only had a few complaints about the campaign, far less than some people here. I voiced my concern about the Philly rally being moved, about how he should take the opportunity to go on Glen Beck's show, and question some of their ads. I've worked my ass off here in Western PA where there is virtually no grassroots effort to convert people and I've worked my ass off and made a lot of sacrifices to donate money to the campaign. If I'm not allowed to voice a concern about the direction of the campaign....well, there is something seriously wrong here.

Where did you get the idea that this thread was directed at you? I specifically don't recall saying Familydog quit second guessing RP. Sure you can question anything you want about the campaign and I can freely defend RP and his campaign if I wish in this thread. So get off the idea that this thread was directed at you. I didn't even check your history to see if you were guiltly of attacking HQ's.

Ron Paul Fan
12-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I also stand by the statements I made two months ago.