PDA

View Full Version : GM paid back the bailout money with $ received from a SECOND bailout

emazur
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/22/grassley-slams-gm-administration-loans-repaid-bailout-money/

GM announced Wednesday that it had paid back the $8.1 billion in loans it received from the U.S. and Canadian governments. Of that, $6.7 billion went to the U.S. treasury.

But Grassley said in his letter that a Securities and Exchange Commission form filed by GM showed that $6.7 billion of the tens of billions the company received was sitting in an escrow account and available to be used for repayment. He called on Geithner to provide more information about why the company was allowed to use bailout money to repay bailout money, and how much of the remaining escrow money GM would be allowed to keep.

"The bottom line seems to be that the TARP loans were 'repaid' with other TARP funds in a Treasury escrow account. The TARP loans were not repaid from money GM is earning selling cars, as GM and the administration have claimed in their speeches, press releases and television commercials," he wrote.

Vice President Biden on Wednesday called the GM repayment a "huge accomplishment."

awake
04-23-2010, 05:34 PM
They probably borrowed money to pay pack the loan which is a sham maneuver of bankrupt ponzies.

Vessol
04-23-2010, 05:42 PM
THE ECONOMY IS RECOVERING! Here are the signs! We are recovering! Ignore what is going on behind the curtains! THE ECONOMY IS RECOVERING!

Johnnybags
04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
and laughed. I will NEVER buy a GM in my lifetime again. They really think Americans are retarded consumers and unfortunately they are. People are still calling in looking for the free Obamacare? No wonder we cannot win elections.

spudea
04-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I think their cars have improved but GM is still like 70% government owned.