PDA

View Full Version : John Hostettler Debates His Opponents On C-SPAN Tonight at 9 PM ET

MRoCkEd
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
From FB:

John Hostettler: Watch John debate his opponents on C-Span tonight 9pm ET. Only 11 more days to victory!!

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

John Taylor
04-23-2010, 03:25 PM
From FB:

Awesome! Go Hoss Go!

MRoCkEd
04-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Starting in a bit:

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

rprprs
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Hmm... the silence in here is deafening. Certainly I can't be the only one who watched.

But then maybe, like me, you'd just prefer not to comment. Suffice it to say, I saw no "slam dunk" in this one. :(

specsaregood
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Hmm... the silence in here is deafening. Certainly I can't be the only one who watched.

But then maybe, like me, you'd just prefer not to comment. Suffice it to say, I saw no "slam dunk" in this one. :(

I listened to it for a bit, they all sounded the same. Did i miss some big difference?

rprprs
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I listened to it for a bit, they all sounded the same. Did i miss some big difference?

No, unfortunately, not that I could see. I was disappointed in that I heard little, if anything, that would distinguish John from the others. Not the strongest performance.

Gage
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
John is not the best debate performer. His poor performance in the debates against Brad Ellsworth in 2006 were a very big part of his loss, I believe. Hostettler does his best when he meets people face to face, and addresses every one of there questions.

I attended a town hall in Evansville a little while ago, and the event was supposed to be over at I believe 9PM, and John stayed for at least an extra hour and a half, until the venue was going to shut off the power basically, answering people's questions, and addressing there concerns with the utmost respect.

Odin
04-23-2010, 09:19 PM
He's not a very good debater (long winded) but if you watch his town halls on youtube you'll see he has a lot of substance.

Odin
04-23-2010, 09:25 PM
This was a stupid debate anyway- not much of a debate even, just them answering questions one at a time and the moderator was awful and made it really boring.

erowe1
04-24-2010, 08:13 AM
We've had like 10 debates here. They're all terrible. I think this one on C-Span was a rerun of a debate that actually happened a few days ago.

Like others said, the venue where Hostettler really shines is his town hall meetings.